What's the average height for a 13 year old girl?

I'll say my height once I get opinions lol.

I wanna know if I am short, tall or average for my age

I'm 5'4, is that average for a 13 year old?
Well, actually 5'3 and more then a half

Most Helpful Guy

• Look to you mom and sisters (older if you have any). Family trends can give you an idea. Your ethnic background is another factor (African American versus Caucasian as an example). Your doctor should also be able to give you an idea about your height and growth being within normal and such.

From the sounds of it you're within average for your age :)
    You're you!

• My mom is really short (5, and I've given her my shoes that don't fit anymore lol)

So far I look like my aunt, (for bodyshape) and she is tall.

My mom says I have her dads genes, who is really tall lol

• What kind of body shape?

• I don't know, longer legs, kinda skinny body, but only a little but not super full...

Sorry, I'm bad at explaining :/

Most Helpful Girl

• Here ya go:
    http://s29.postimg.org/wawkx4eaf/girlheights.png

More information than you'd ever want, right there, yo. And a nice exercise in reading dense data plots, too! (Bet that's what you wanted...)

Since "13" could mean anything from 13years 0days to 13years 364days, that totally depends -- look how much those curves jump, in that time.

Make sure YOU can read these things off that graph, too:

• If today was yr 13th birthday, you would be taller than more than 75% of girls (= you'd be higher than the 75th percentile, if you know about percentiles).

• If you are 13yrs 364days old, then, you're about halfway between the 50th and 75th percentile curves, so, you'd be taller than about 60 percent of girls yr age.

So, either way, you are taller than average.

• Those comments are for a height of 5'4" (64 inches). Actually, for 5'3.5" it's noticeably different, lol -- there are a LOT of girls clustered around those heights.

That chart is from here:
      http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/cdc_charts.htm

It's from girls here in the States.

• Tx for the MH luv <3

• No, thank you ;)

What Guys Said 8

• i ran into a 12 year old yesterday whos fucking 6'4.

yeah lifes just funny like that lol.

• I don't know, but the average height for adults is around 5'4" for girls, so you are only slightly shorter than that at the age of 13 and you are still growing., that means that you are at least average

• I was like 5'9 lmao

• When I was 13 I think ibwas about
    5 ft
    Now im 5"10

• dno like 5 feet?

• How tall are you

• It's pretty close to average. 13 year old girls are close to done growing, so they're just slightly shorter than adult women.

• 5'2" maybe?

What Girls Said 8

• I reached my peack at 13, so I was 175cm aka 5'9" and I have stayed so till now.

But at the time, nobody else grew that fast, but now we are evened out.

• well when i was 13 i was like 5'1, but my cousin is 13 and she's just like you 5'4 which is a little tall in my opinion (im still not 5'4 and im 18) but its normal

• Ehh 5'3 perhaps

• Umm 5"2? depends on if she's hit her growth spurt

• I say 5feet is 4ft 6inchrsx is average

• around 160 I think I was 166 at 13

• I'm only 5'1 and 16 n my boyfriend is 6'2' he give me lots of piggie back rides

• I think I might have been about 5'4 when I was thirteen.