Why do most people think natural beauty is ugly?

Normally just aimed at women, men tend to not wear make-up. Still if you show a picture of someone who is not wearing make up and someone who is. Most people will think the chick with make up is beautiful and the one without make-up is ugly.

Men, why do you say you like women without make up but then think they look ugly that way?

(Not me!)

Most Helpful Guy

• Social indoctrination. Women are told they are pretty only if they wear makeup, compliments are more likely to be seen as socially acceptable to say. As such, women are conditioned to think makeup makes them look more attractive, whether it is true or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Normally I think both are beautiful. I honestly hate the pressures women have to face when it comes to this. If they don't wear makeup, people comment that they don't take care of themselves. If they do wear makeup, they are considered fake. For myself, I don't wear makeup at all because it doesn't help me. I am ugly either way, so I just go natural.

What Guys Said 38

• PC pressures people to say that they like "natural" things but our experience has conditioned us to see women with makeup. I consistently tell my girlfriend that the only thing prettier than seeing her in my arms when we go to sleep at night is seeing her in my arms when we wake up the next morning. Both of those occur without makeup.

• Makeup has a limit when in the beauty scale, meaning, makeup can make you look like an 8 max (when I say makeup I mean full on makeup, not just mascara, for example). So if a girl is a 6, makeup can make her look like an 8, but without it she's still a 6.
    But if the girl is a 9 without makeup, the makeup will make her look like an 8.
    Of course most of us prefer a 9-10 without makeup, but the chances of meeting a 9-10 are very little, that's why most guys will end up choosing the girl with makeup, not because they prefer makeup, but because it's difficult to find a girl that looks more attractive than those with makeup.

• Yeah pretty much. Even if you could find a woman with a 9-10 face without makeup the chances of being with her are going to be slim.

• @dominiquois chances being slim? I disagree.

• Well it depends on what you consider a 9. Your 9 might be somebody else's 5 or 3 or 2... So you do have a point there.
      In fact, the girl might only be a 6 but you might call her a 9 because you want people to think you're with a 9 when you're really with a 6. But then again, beauty is subjective so she might really be a 9 to you. haha
      Haha, I think most people just are attracted to health regardless of the preferences they have... so like basic things like clear skin, healthy hair and weight. Universal things like that.

• vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

*table slam*

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=8195834

DooMguy ain't into the whole make-up thing, the moment I see too much make-up I don't really know what to think. Because girls got all these tricks to make them look completely different. The way I see it, if they ain't deformed then they don't have to cover anything up

Natural or at least minimal is the way to go

img.ifcdn.com/.../...988acb98556abde48dc85f9_1.jpg

here's my checklist:

Not deformed
    Not a psychopath
    Decent looking
    Does not snore
    (Some other things as well)

That ^ and I'm good to go

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

(I know it ain't you but I wanted to object anyway)

• That is not me, :P Though I'm about to ask a question showing how I look. To compare my weight loss with another picture of me.

The bad part is I had to edit the lighting in my picture and even after doing that. My mom thought It wasn't edit due to how white my skin looks. I'm so pale using a simple editor doesn't work.

• Not unless it's warframe where your a ninja robotic armor type thing in space.

• so. . . what about downhill domination? (different genre but that game. . . its one that needed a sequel)

• Whilst makeup can make people look better it also masks the face and removes some personality. I often find girls with heavy makeup just look the same where as a girl with confidence to go out and just enjoy them self as they are is a good thing. However often no makeup also comes along with poorly kept hair and poor hygiene which is the main big turnoff. But if you can rock no makeup the guys will love you for it.

• Well it depends, some girls do look great without makeup but they still look better with a little makeup. I don't really like the ones who have it caked on but a little blush around the cheeks, eye shadow, and a little bit on the lips enhances a girls beauty/sexiness without necessarily disguising her face.

• On the first glance, i followed your reasoning.

After 10 seconds of looking closer at the pics, I find myself more attracted to the first girl, especially her eyes. More than anything it's the quality of the photo - one is a selfie the other is professional.

Makeup only catches the eye tbh.

• Exactly, it's like advertising. It may make the difference initially in whether you try a product but unless you are particularly suggestible it will not alter your estimation of the quality.

• @Tromba After a point if a woman is in a relationship, the make-up will have to come off sooner or later.

Which some might end up being way to embarrassed to ever been seen without.

• I mean even before you get that far. I've been attracted to women from across the room but when I went closer and looked through the makeup to what I would be potentially waking up next to I veered off or on occasion backed away slowly.

• the ones that say that probably just prefer makeup because they like how it changes a girl's features.

• neither are ugly, yes some girls are natural beuaties indeed, but without makeup no girl is naturally more than an 8, an 8 is a great number dont get me wrong but there is a limit to what you can be without makeup, makeup enhances your features just enough to give you that smooth look which is what everyone wants , no one is saying anything about girls who dont wear makeup but as someone who dated a girl who didn't and she was cute i can assure you that in this day and age it means you dont care about being a girl which is a very bad thing if your goal is to attract men.

• I know you aren't new to this website. Also, the mooks on this site never realize the girls with no makeup actually have makeup on

• I think the girl in that first pic is beautiful. Naturally beautiful.

• I prefer the one without makeup

• I don't and I think that the girl of the picture is way more beautiful without makeup.

• No, I find natural beauty more attractive.
    No doubt, with makeup usually looks more beautiful, but not every beautiful thing attracts you. I like simplicity.

• Natural beauty is fine. But make up is fine too. Variety is the spice of life.

• Its not trust me i dont like kardashian like heavy make up girls with breast enhancements.
    I like simplicity and natural beauty thats what takes my heart & breath away..
    Simple personality shyness/introverness and natural beauty (Y)

• We've been manipulated into thinking that. I like natural beauty.

• Because most people are pig heads. 😒
    I think natural beauty is the greatest! ❤️

• BringBring those hopeless people to me.. I'll kick them off... lover of natural beauty.. love thickness and chubby..

• 1st pic looks nice to me personally

• I don't think women look better without makeup, nobody looks better without makeup.
    I personally wear foundation.

• So all guys that don't wear make-up are ugly too?

• @Trenhard_ Then you are "pretty sure" wrong, celebrities wear makeup anywhere where people can see or can take pictures of them, in other words anywhere public.
      I mean, it's fine if it hurts your manliness, I prefer looking decent and getting laid.

media3.popsugar-assets.com/.../...uotes-Nudity.jpg
      artcreationforever.com/.../chris-hemsworth-05.jpg

• Bro I guarantee you that I pull more than you without any makeup lol. Women want a man not some boy trying to look pretty with makeup.

• It's because of the industry (median and fashion) I love the natural look

• natural beauty is all i prefer most in a woman

• Yes no make up is nicer.

• Oh natural

• Can't be the same girl. First one is pretty ugly =)

• by the way, do you know her? I mean, The Second One?

• Yeah, she looks very close to the first person, you are damn good in face choosing =)

• Thank you. :)

• both look average.

• Women are beautiful with out make up but with
    make up they are so beautiful

• Yea most chicks aren't naturlaly hot like that chick lol

• daphuq? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

• What made me think of asking this, someone asked which picture of this model they liked. One of them is of her with no make-up on.

It was like what the hell she's a 10 even when she's not wearing any. Yet most people just voted for the pictures when she's wearing make-up.

• I actually prefer makeupless women. I guess my bain's just like "Hey! real skin! 8-D"

• Because 99% of women who wear makeup don't have the natural beauty of the model that you posted.

• More from Guys
    8

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Most girls wear make-up nowadays, so the make-up look has become average, which makes the no-make-up look below average.

• Cuz I have acne and acne scars. lol!
    Not cute, no matter how much bullshit a guy tries to say that women without makeup is better.

• cuz it looks below average in a world full of makeup and surgery

• I have no idea.

• Without makeup she looks better TBH

• I don't think it's the same chick, just the closest one I could find with make-up.

• One has a lighter eye color.

• True I thought that but then the lighting is a bit different for both pics lol.. Anyways yeah well done for getting pictures that were quite similar lol

• Yea this is exactly what they do. They put us down for wearing make up but then complain when we don't.

• The second girl has a shit ton of makeup on. Eyebrows filled out, concealer, foundation, blush, pink lip stain, lip gloss, and mascara.

• Because men think all women look like the two you provided pictures of (although especially the last one is definitely wearing makeup) which is simply not true. They want a woman to be natural but look like she is wearing makeup. They don't know the difference between natural makeup and no makeup which makes them mistake the two.

• This is what I think. Men want girls who look so beautiful that they don't even have to wear makeup, which can basically be defined as perfection. But makeup enhances girls looks and makes them close to the perfection that these guys are looking for, which is a woman who looks like she has naturally rosy cheeks and thick eyelashes and soft skin and so on and so on. So, they would take women with makeup over the girl who doesn't look like that when I fact mostly all women don't look like that because nobody is perfect.