Should I make my skin lighter?

I see that the tanned skin fever is dying down and that paler skin is now the most wanted once more. I'm looking at my naturally tanned skin and I wonder if guys don't like my tanned skin because I'm not a silky ivory color like Caucasian girls or a light olive tan. My skin is a honeyed tan and all natural, but I feel inferior to the lighter skinned folk.

And no, I don't tan at all. I was born with this skin color.

Most Helpful Guy

• You shouldn't feel inferior to others because of the color of your skin. Your skin color is just your skin color. It's not better or worse than anyone else's. Girls are attractive with all different skin colors.

Most Helpful Girl

• GIRRLLL, No just no you are beautiful the way you are. I mean it doesn't matter if you are light, dark, pink, tan whatever. As long as you are confident in yourself that is what matters. Plus even if this "fever" is coming back again.. why should you get sucked into it? don't follow trends they are useless. And If a guy doesn't' like you for your skin colour he isn't worth the time of day. Sa'll i got to say about this.

• God, my mind is fucked up by society. I just get so envious of other people, especially when I see people with light eyes. I love my dark hair and eyebrows, but brown eyes are so common and I feel inferior next to Caucassians and light skinned biracial girls. I know I can get a sexy body but when it comes to complexion, a blonde haired and light eyed girl makes me feel so boring and dull. Also, I feel incompetent because of my features compared to the chiseled and long features of Nordic ladies since my features are much more softer while theirs are more graceful and elven.

• b/c i bet you somewhere in this world there is someone else that wants what you have. Feel free to ask me anymore Q's all be happy to answer my dear ;)

• @Asker thank you for MHO :)

What Guys Said 24

• 2|3
  • The skin color issue is a stupid left over of the colonial British Empire times. In those times, the 'pure-white' British masters were priding themselves being white in contrast with the dark skinned population of India. The British being more brutal and violent, managed to dominate a continent by terror - so they were superior - and on top of things... white! And since, this has become a major racial and cultural issue. (however no-one reads history books to explain various things... why one would open a book anyway these days?)

So your skin is perfectly fine and beautiful :) it has more melanine than others and so, better sun protection. Be proud of it and feel sorry for the white Caucasians that get burned in 20 min they have no sun protection. Or worse, they could get skin cancer due to crazy tanning (artificial or not) that still goes on.

• I never got sunburnt and I only grow a bit darker in the sun. My cheeks get slightly pink but that's about it and it's gone by in a day and a half.

• I was never into tanned skin. Especially if she is blonde. If your skin is naturally tanned, then leave it like that. It's fine as it is. Your body goes with it and it looks fine for you. You probably have dark hair and it matches. Just don't worry about this.

• noooooooooooooo you look fine hun
    don't do the michael lol
    stargayzing.com/.../...-11e4-bf00-4d5fe57f7b86.jpg

• SMH. Why can't people be happy with what they have? Other girls are (literally) dying to have your skin tone. The grass is not always greener on the other side, hun.

• Naw cuz you have the silky jet black hair with that smooth brown going on <3

• Ok, but why must you do it? just because some guys don't like your skin color?

• Make your mind lighter instead and forget about it, honey. You're much more than your skin tone AND you should just accept yourself as you are, pretty girl!

• If guys don't like you it's not because of your skin color which is very nice, but t hey probably don't like you because you're chubby.

• I've been working out to work on that problem, and I've been thinking about taking metabolism/meal replacement pills or just to starve myself to achieve slenderness/sexiness. Besides, I'm going to change my wardrobe, hair and step up on my makeup game to look aesthetically pleasing.

• Well in that case, just don't tan on top of that, lol.

• jesus christ...

• I prefer the pale women and there's nothing that can change my mind.

• Maybe a little lighter, but I think it looks great as it is. :)

• No of course not. You be you. If a guy says your not beautiful cause of your skin color, give them the finger, and walk away like he just missed out on something great.

• Dont do it.

• Why do you want to change in order to attract?

• Guys dont give a fuck a bout that shit. They look at your booty and tits

• No. Not at all. It looks good.

• Start by making your weight lighter yjough

• It's pointless but you can do whatever you want.

• guys don't like u becuz ur below/average looking lol not becuz of ur skin color

• Ok Michael Jackson

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• Pale girls that try to tan look gross and weird. Tanned girls that try to lighten their skin look gross and weird. Just try to keep your natural tone. That's what's gonna end up looking the best. Here in Sweden we are still crazy about getting tanned but I just stopped caring. I'm happy with my snowman skin as it is

• Girl own it. I'm Mexican/Native American and have the lightest skin in my family and am constantly teased for it. Don't care what anyone else thinks, it's your skin! Enjoy it the way it is ♥

• im sure your skin tone is beautiful eff guys if they think other wise

• I haven't heard of this trend. I'm so afraid to step out with my natural lily white legs not covered in tanning cream.

• No do not lighten your skin for God's sakes. I don't know what fucked up part of the world you're from but people spend thousands of dollars a year to get honey tan skin where I'm from. Just accept yourself.

• there is really nothing safe and easy you can do to lighten your natural skin. there are products that may help reduce an additional tan or lighten acne hyperpigmentation or melasma but ur natural tone is there to stay. people can make themselves sick trying to strive for a look they can never physically achieve so best bet is to embrace what u got. plenty will like u!

• that's an ultimate form of self hate, you don't look caucasian and pale skin won't make you be caucasian. if you want to bleach your skin, remember that it's really bad for you and it 99 times of 100 looks like absolute shit.

• Why would you want to do a dumb thing like that?

• Seems like the whitening pill is very popular in philippino.

• Your skin looks fine the way it is

• No, I love tan skin. There will always be trends but we can't just change ourselves trying to be what everyone else is. People want what they can't have, so I bet a ton of pale girls would kill to have your skin tone.

• I think tanned skin looks better than pale skin

• White girls wanna get tan, dark girls wanna bleach.
    Grass is always greener I guess.

• That white washing really messed with brown girls. You're fine they way your are some white girls tan to get our skin tones. If a guy prefers white girls then that's fine too. Do change who you are just to be liked by some fucking guys. All of us non white women need to stop thinking that white and straight is the only thing that can be beautiful it's not. Accepting who your are makes you beautiful.

• Bleach your skin, so you can have amazing silky ivory skin like us white girls.