[In underwear] I've been working out since October what do you think?

So I'm an ectomorph that means super scrawny person if I just eat junk food and lie around. I've been going to the gym since around October and I almost never do things like this so I'm doing it anon. I'm just wondering what you think because I feel progress is a little slow (unfortunately I don't really have any before photos) so I'm just wondering what you all think. For reference I'm 6 foot 3 inches. I'm in underwear because I wanted to show my legs a little too since I've been working on those as well. I've gained weight but I still feel really skinny. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

• You look good
  • You look skinny still
  • You look a little tubby
  • You're hot
  • You're blinding me with your ugliness!
  • You need work (explain)
So I thought that was a crappy look at my legs so here's a better view of what they look like.

s3.amazonaws.com/.../...4f7f-9c5c-cf6748474142.jpg
I'm not sure why the photo isn't working anymore in the first update. But if anyone has any tips on how to build more leg mass I'd love to hear them. I already do squats leg press leg curls and both sitting and standing calf raises. I don't do dead lifts because I worry about my back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ypu look good but it's obvious you're skipping leg day.

• I'm really not. My routine is chest shoulders triceps one day then legs and core the next and then biceps and back the third. I don't skip it I just don't seem to be bulking up in the legs.

• Hope I made you proud I squatted the most I ever have tonight...

• Wow I am impressed! Way to go. I hope you can walk tomorrow! 😘

Most Helpful Guy

• Ectomorphs have a tough time building muscle. Best advice is just eat, eat, eat; rest, rest, rest. Bulk up, then cut. Food really is the most important part, particularly for ectomorphs with fast metabolisms. Lots of protein, lots of carbs, lots of healthy fats. You might want to find your ideal macros and keep track of your protein/fat/carb ratio. They have food trackers online.

All that said, you do not look super skinny. Your legs could definitely use some work, though. With the upper bulk you have right now, your legs are behind, in my opinion. You should focus more on leg day, for awhile, in my opinion.

Deadlifts are fine so long as you have the right posture. That's another thing, you have to make sure your form is as good as possible. Most important things: form, food, rest. One issue you might find you run into is muscle adaption. After awhile of doing the same exercises, your muscles adapt and stop growing. I forget the specifics, but essentially, you want to switch it up and hit different areas of your muscles with different exercises.

If you feel progress is slow, it's probably because of one of the above things. But, you go to the gym to tear down your muscles: all the building happens when they repair, which is why food and rest are the most important thing.

All in all, looks pretty solid. I don't really have a reference point, you know, before and after, so I can't really see the progress. But, you don't look particularly skinny. Only your legs proportion to your upper body seem off.

• The photo is bad for my legs. I posted a different photo of my legs in an update but now it doesn't work any longer. I do legs as much as my other muscle groups.

• Yeah, the link doesn't work for me. But, I don't see how lighting or anything could change it. Though, for 6 months, if you went from totally skinny to that, that's good progress, in my opinion.

What Girls Said 12

• Man... Personally I think you look really good!!!

• You look good. Maybe one more leg day? That's only if you're going for a perfect bod. You looks great as is.

• Well I do legs 2-3 times per week. Part of it is bad picture because they do look worse in the photo than in reality (crappy phone camera and crappy lighting) but yeah they aren't developing as much as the rest of my body which is frustrating.

• I posted a better picture of my legs in an update.

• Lol, yeah, you're fine. Leg day's doing you well

• You look good, keep it up

• I look okay. You just need a little more work

• U lookin good bro

• I would go with your hot

• Work on the legs

• yes ma'am

• The rest looks great

• Yeah I have a three day workout set up where one day I do chest shoulders and triceps, then legs and core the next day and the third day I do back and biceps. So some weeks I legs 2 times a week and some weeks it'll be 3 times a week. I'm slowly lifting more on leg day but I guess my body just isn't visually representing that.

• You look good. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise!

• I don't know, i just don't like abs

• Do you prefer a little pudge or just a flat stomach?

• Both are okay.
      My boyfriend (71kg 185cm) is thinking of working out and I told him if he's doing crunches, no horizontal muscle definition on his stomach is allowed :P
      It's not really the abs itself, but most good-looking, fit guys are popular and that is just an icky personality to have. I'm sure everyone's different

• You look really hot to me. 😉
    I like your abs by the way

• You're like a nice tall glass of lemonade and mama is thirsty.

Lol yeah you look good.

• Daddy.

• Haha, what?

• Oh haha 😳 Thanks.

• So when. Girls say face over body I think that's a lie going by comments here

What Guys Said 3

• Good man, Keep it up! Being ectomorph is awesome trust me. It's great genetics. I had an identical physique as you before. Keep eating!!

• Yeah my grocery bill has really increased.

• The only thing that freaks me out are my veins. I swear my arm that is hanging is relaxed as can be and you can just see the veins going all the way down it. It's way worse when I flex it.

• That's because you're low bodyfat and have a healthy bloodflow

• Yeah nice aesthetics man

• You're good keep going but don't skip the leg day bro.