HELP!! Anyways to hide cutting scars on legs?

I don't cut as often, but there are still a shit-ton of scars. Not all of them are from cutting, but the ones that are are deffinately more organized and noticable. My parents want me to go to the beach with them and I can't let them see it.

Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• A plastic surgeon may be able to help but first, you should deal with your depression and self-mutilating behavior.

• Yeah... I kind of have to go to the beach in a few hours... I don't think the plastic surgeon will work. "Dealing" is not my strongest aspect, and cutting is my way of "dealing".
      But thank you for the suggestion and the moral support I think?

• Maybe you need a new therapist.

I don't know of any way to disguise scars on your legs.

• I think so too.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm really sorry that you harm yourself :( . If you aren't already; please find someone you can trust to talk to about it <3

In terms of hiding, it depends how much time you have really. Coconut oil's supposed to be really good, but obviously that'll take a while and it depends how deep the scars are. Beyond that; swimming costumes that cover your legs? They exist but they're hard to get hold of :/. More realistically maybe wear a sarong.

• Thank you!
      I have a therapist, and my best friend, I talk to them about my issues most of the time. :)

• Yeah, I went. I wore a pair of shorts, since I was rushed out of the house, and decided to go with the convenient "I'm on my period" excuse. And it's coming in a day or two, so I'm covered for now.

• I'm glad you didn't end up having to show your scars when you didn't want to.

I don't know your story at all but I really hope your parents are supportive; like the other Pyrofox was saying - you deserve all the help they can offer you! I'm not trying to be judgmental at all though, I know it can be really hard to talk about things like this with your parents and there's a bunch of reasons you might not want to.

I wish you all the luck with stopping. From what you've said on this thread, it's already been a long road :( - but you can make it!! <33

What Guys Said 6

• Live with it. It's a reminder of your foolish behavior and being super-sensitive to peer pressure. As you become an adult, this is an everday reminder of how much you have grown up.

• Be fully honest with them and tell them and be the big girl and say that you have been doing it and stand up and get it through to your self that you need to STOP.

• Oh they know I used to do it, and honestly I'm pretty sure they know I'm doing it too.
      Thank you for your opinion, it's nice to know people care.

• Welcome, they are more likely to talk it over than force a phy. therapist on you if you can admit the issue.

• As my father says: looks like you're shit out of luck.

• You can say that again...

• I know nothing about makeup, but maybe try to use some concealer on the scars to make it look more normal?

• wear anything on beach that'll cove those scars i would suggest you.

• Self harm is hot, show the scars.

As for your parents, if they were good at their jobs you wouldn't be cutting to begin with so don't worry about their reaction...

What Girls Said 1

• Wet suit (like a surfing suit) or a body suit i think it's called. You could also try those spray tan lotions or bronzer sunscreen because they would act as a foundation or concealer for your legs.