How to stop being obsessed with my appearance?

Most Helpful Guy

• tell me, is society fucking with your head?

• I think, I want to be perfect like all actress and singer, perfect skin, look young, skinny but still have a good skin and beautiful hair not like me

• never stop trying. you're always going to find yourself down one way or another. Always pick yourself back up and continue pushing forward.

• Thank you, that's nice of you ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• In what way are you obsessed tho? A narcissistic way or a "I feel ugly " way?

• Like I'm never good enough, not skinny enough, not pretty enough, etc...

• Okay well there are people on here willing to help. So anytime you're ready shoot me a pm. But remember what I said. You need to stop complaining and you need to focus on improving. Sitting like this ain't gonna get you anywhere.

• ok, i will think about it, thank you ^^

What Guys Said 9

• Looks don't even matter tbh. Any girl with half decent makeup skills can easily go from so called ugly to beautiful so unless a guy is just looking for sex they pay more attention to your personality. That being said obviously natural good looks, being fit etc don't hurt

• I'm not really ugly, I'm average but I look old and it disturbing me I want to look younger

• Accept yourself and know that you are enough. Still improve on yourself, but you also need to accept yourself.

• You dont, Looks are everything in this world.

• You do realize that these actresses and singers are no where close to be perfect. Have you seen them without make up, without a filter, and without being photo shopped?
    Stop trying to be like other people and be yourself. .

• I see some Korean celebrity who still look very good even without make up

• Good for them and yes there are exceptions. It's okay to have role moles and wanting to have some qualities of others, but when you start being obsessed about it's no longer a good thing.

• I know but i can't stop it :(

• There is nothing wrong with trying to look good but it is a bad thing if you let your looks hinder you from life.

• The problem it's because I thin -k about it everyday, every hours, always it obsess me and I can't even focus on my school work

• ok, thank you ^^
      but even if my knee hurt I try to find exercise i can do

• Best of luck

• every time you give a fuck... don't

• Let me see you... Let me rate you...

• pray

• Just stop... That easy. Maybe you could get rid of all your mirrors?

• That's not that easy I stop it but that's just come back and I can't do anything about it.
      Last years I lost a ton of weight, I was weightless so I force myself to eat much but now I really feel like I'm fat even if everyone tell me I'm not fat

What Girls Said 2

• When ever I feel self conscious, I completely ignore my reflection for 1 - 5 weeks at a time, aside from the brushing teeth, brushing hair, etc, etc. Over time, I just completely forget what I look like, and I don't feel nearly as self conscious.

• Your lucky I can't do it myself

• Go to a therapist. No really, if you have some narcissm I think it can be good idea to talk about it. You probably even pretty to think much that about yourself.

• It's more about I don't feel pretty enough etc