Does it mean i'm unattractive if no one tell's me i'm pretty?

Ok so here me out, I know cat calling is bad and gross and scary BUT, I see all these girl's say how they get cat called and told how beautiful they are wherever they go, and that never happens to me and it make's me sometime's feel that maybe i'm unnatractive/ugly? ):

by the way, this is a throw away account, I'm actually 18, not under 18! Clicked the wrong year

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, how do you know your friends aren't lying? Sounds like they must be pretty insecure if they have to go around telling people how hot everyone thinks they are. Maybe you're just not a liar. Second of all, just cuz you don't hear those things doesn't mean you're not pretty. Do you hear other girls getting cat called? I've never heard anyone cat call a girl in public that I remember. Third, don't pay attention to people on here that say negative things. They're just here to hurt people cuz it makes them feel better about themselves. They have no idea how you look. I'm sure you look just fine and you're an amazing person. Don't value yourself on what other people think. You have value, everyone does. You also have imperfections, everyone does. That makes you normal and unique. Try to relax and not worry. You're so young and soon you'll be out of this stage in your life and realize the things you worried about were ridiculous and you might even laugh at yourself. The high school world is totally phoney. It has no resemblance to the real world whatsoever. Things will be different when you get out and you'll have a whole new world. Be yourself cuz you have importance and value no matter what anyone else thinks or says. So smile and keep your chin up, you got this. 😉

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't get called pretty a lot too by random people. Only by my boyfriend really. Who should call me pretty? My parents, people at school? I live in a small town so it's normal I don't get catcalled that much by random people.
    Besides, being catcalled doesn't mean you're pretty. Those guys catcall pretty much every girl who's not too old or young.

What Guys Said 15

• Catcalling only really happens when guys are drunk or complete dicks. Guys rarely call girls pretty to their face unless they have obviously made a large effort to dress up or they are trying to court them. If a girl says that they are always cat called it probably either means they are lying or they dress slutty attracting attention from the wrong kinds of guys.

• Sometimes that's the case. But not always.
    Some girls are actually surrounded by guys that are too scared to approach and assumes she's with someone and won't try. Depends on the pool of guys.

I've told beautiful women they were beautiful who said, "no one has ever told me that before". Literally shocked me. I see this girl and I'm like... No one? Really weird.

• vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Actually, it doesn't. If you are insecure about how you aren't showered with compliments by thirsty horndogs then you should simply fish for them.

• The girls might be lying but even if it's true it doesn't mean that you aren't. They probably do something that gets that attention (example wear really sexy revealing clothes?) or something like that. Flirt with guys maybe and you're more shy and reserved? I'm just guessing here but usually this is why.

• yeah... more times than not it does <3

• maybe.. maybe not. you can be pretty but not be the type that turns head. no way in telling you without having seen a pic of you

• post pics if u wanna know.

• No, that's not what i'm asking, i'm asking if no one say's i'm pretty on the street or in public, does that mean i'm ugly?

• I'm 18 so..

• maybe you look younger cos I look 12 (I'm serious) since I'm only 5'4 and look prepubescent.

• i'mma go with yes

• No one tells me I'm handsome but I don't feel I'm ugly. =/

• Kinda lol

• doesn't mean anything honestly
    I haven't cat called in years

• We can rate u if u upload ur pic

• show pic so I will tell you

• You're pretty OP.

• if ur a guy u will almost never get complimented.

if ur a girl u will almost always get complimented or told ur pretty. 99% of girls get told their pretty even if they're ugly.

hence, one needs to be deformed to not be told they are pretty

What Girls Said 10

• No, it might be because the places you're around don't have people that cat call, maybe it's because you aren't giving off the vibe of being picked on, because maybe you look like you'd rip someone's face off if they cat-called you.
    I have that type of look. Try keeping your eyes up and smiling a bit

• Catcalling happens a lot in cities and college towns at night, so if you don't live in a highly populated area then it makes sense why you've never experienced it.

• Man, if all the people who told me I look hideous would've been right I'd be by far the ugliest person on the planet by now. People are hardly ever gonna say nice things to your face that's why good friends are important.

• I get cat called and I am fugly so I don't think it means anything. Plus it's usually just a bunch of builders shouting obscene things they would like to do to my butt.

• Meh, I don't get cat called either.

• tbh, it make's me feel bad because all these girl's complain about getting called cat called and how awful it is and it make's me jealous for some reason even though i know getting cat called is gross/bad? I guess because in my head it make's me think i'm some ugly monster then and it mean's the other girl's are pretty? I don't know ):

• Nah nothing like that. Maybe they are walking in a rough hood. Where some men don't have any decency or respect. Cat calling is disgusting. And nope you're probably not ugly at all. Cat calling doesn't define anything really. Think of it like this... you're so hot that men don't know what too say! there ya go that's probs the case sistaaaa :) Don't make it into anything that it's not. :)

• They're probably lying to make you feel insecure.

• Yeah I had all that happen to me. It's normal. Just because people don't tell you your pretty, doesn't mean your ugly.

• No I guess you don't dress revealing and that is fine

• Yeah you're probably ugly or just average not to be full of myself but i'm really pretty and i know it i always get complimented on when i'm out in public i get lots of attention especially by older pervy men lol but honestly you're lucky since having that much attention can get annoying. if your parents /family are the only ones that call you pretty then you're fucking ugly. i'm gonna go anon now since someone will attack lmao

• Get over yourself omg, that's so gross.

• Girls get catcalled because they are prey, not because they are pretty.