Should I tell my boyfriend and family I'm cutting all my hair off or shall I surprise them?

So basically this is hair
Should I tell my boyfriend and family I'm cutting all my hair off or shall I surprise them?I'm young and have a loverly boyfriend that I've been with for 3 years. But I've got to the point where my hair is just annoying me. And I really need a change. I'm starting my new job in 2 weeks and that has a major role for my change of person and hair. Before I cut it all off shall I warn my family and boyfriend or shall I surprise them with a haircut short haircut. I want something like this

I've always wanted a pixie cut but I know boys like long hair. That's why I'm not sure if I should tell my boyfriend because he might talk me out of it. But then I supprise him he might be angry. I don't know what his reaction will be

Hey guys and girls, I surprised them all. I did it and it went well. My family liked it and my boyfriend said that he's secretly loves short and that he wanted me to have short hair but didn't want to ask. Its worked out for the best.

scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...20136317_n.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• you should tell him, because its highly possible he won't like it.

• In fact, you might be single soon... really short hair is what older women wear for some reason. So cutting yours sends a mixed single. Good luck though.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, you could try to ask him if he likes short hair on women (just don't be too obvious about it).. but it's important that you yourself like your hair cut, and not the guy you're with. If you're bored with the way it is, just change it. No need to get scared of negative reactions

What Guys Said 13

• Bottom line your hair , your choice - If he loves you, he will support any decision you make. by the way I like both long hair and pixie cuts.

• Whatever you decide, please donate your hair to someone who really needs it. There are different organizations to help, but one of the best is LocksOfLove. org which provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children. See the website at http://www.locksoflove.org/

You would be helping make someone's life so much better.

• Pixie cuts are ugly as sin. There is no way you can surprise your boyfriend in a good way. Of course he is going to talk you out of it. You can cut your hair and still keep them long enough. It's your head so it's your decision, but your boyfriend can be as mad as he wants, it's his decision.

• If your boyfriend and family take surprises well, and they will love your new cut, surprise them.

If your boyfriend could be upset, tell him.

My wife told me and I'm not thrilled, but she kept about 1/2 of what you've got. So she gets a cut and I'm not hating it. She can do what she wants. She already beat cancer!

• You can do what you want but I like longer hair. Maybe cut some off but not that short.

• He's not going to be happy, but it's your body.

• I think you should tell him but if you really want to you must also tell him that no matter what he says. It's your hair so do what you want I guess. Also that hairstyle is very nice. I think it kinda looks rocky and sexy

• Finally a boy that understands! Thanks that really good advice. And I'm glad you like the cut

• That's ok I hope you cut it!

• thats gay

• Don't do that you'll look HORRIBLE!!!,,!!

• I'm doing it for me. And that haircut isn't horrible it's very nice I think

• @ghostietoast thank you for that. That's what I'm trying to tell people!

• you guys are all so damn scared of women not having long ass hair. pretty stupid and immature, in my opinion. @asker, it's your body and you are free to do whatever you wish with it. if your boyfriend freaks out because of that, he wasn't worth your time to begin with.

• Dont cut it! x

• surprise them

• shurt hair suvks

• in all honesty, this haircut can make a 9/10 girl a 4-6.
    please dont do this haircut.

What Girls Said 4

• You have such gorgeous hair! I'd really recommend you think long and hard about cutting it, maybe talk it over with a close friend or two. I'd also recommend cutting it off 2-3 or maybe 4 inches at a time. Yes, hair grows back, but it takes years to do so. It would really suck to regret your choice to get a pixie cut after a few weeks pass when the emotional high and newness wears off.

• MAYBE a shoulder length gradient hair cut with a lot of volume and some new high lights will totally change your look.. But this cut is too short

• Do NOT start wity that drastic a change. You will feel like you lost a limb with hair that long.

You should start with just below shoulder length, then shoulder length and only THEN a pixie. You will most likely regret it if you don't transition to that length slowly (there's a big chance you will either way)

• Id go mid length or to the shoulders.@Pandaeyeamy.. your thoughts please babe