Should I get a breast reduction?

I'm 20 years old, weigh 120lbs, am 5'6 and a 30H (30K in US sizes (that means my under bust is 30 inches and my bust is 41 inches)). I tend to have a love/hate relationship with my big chest and I'm wondering if I should get a reduction because it's very big for my age and stature. They don't give me any back problems but my bras cost so much and I can't afford them and they are still growing. I wave back n forth between going under the knife and not because I know that if I don't now, they'll just get bigger, but if I do, I may regret it. I've always had the biggest chest in my class (I started developing when I was 10 and by the time I got to high school, I was already an F. As you can imagine, I've had the worst luck finding clothes and if I can find an affordable bra, it doesn't support me (if I find a 30JJ, I need the 32JJ because I need the bigger cup). And I tend to look more sexual in my shirts because I always show more cleavage than I'm supposed to or if it's tight, my chest REALLY sticks out. But then there are days when I want my chest to be in tight clothes and stick out. But I feel that a smaller size (like maybe a DD) would be better for me. Thoughts?

• Get them reduced NOW!
    52%(11)41%(23)Vote34%(12)
  • Don't do it!
    43%(9)52%(29)Vote57%(20)
  • Other (state below)
    5%(1)7%(4)Vote9%(3)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not an expert on having breasts as a guy obviously but I feel like any serious operation shouldn't just be determined by what people tell you (online or otherwise). I would strongly recommend you just take this quiz at face value for what it is (random peoples opinions) and talk with a doctor about if it should be done.

My opinion is if its just an appearance thing you are worried about then I wouldn't have the operation. Its easy to want to change this and that about your body but in the end its "your" body. Its best just to own it and learn to love what you've got. Once people get one opperation then it often leads to more which isn't really a good path to go down on.

That being said often large breasts cause lots of troubles with sports, future back pain etc and if that's the case it might be a good idea to consult a medical professional about the best path to take. I kinda have a relate-able issue with my legs being kinda bent that causes pain so I can understand wanting an operation for that reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think if they aren't causing back problems then you shouldn't worry about it for now. the thing is, down the line they probably will cause back pain so it probably wouldn't hurt to at least start looking into it. also, if they make you uncomfortable or insecure, and you're struggling to find bras, and all that, it might not hurt to start thinking about it. try setting up a meeting with a plastic surgeon or something and discussing your situation with them. this is the kind of stuff they work with all the time, so i bet they could give you some better advice and better insight than we little people of GAG! haha

Sponsored

What Guys Said 17

• okay so you're 20 but it says under 18 and you posted this in HDIL but no pics.

like wtf

and only get them if they're a burden

• a girl that went after me.. was a 36JJJ... so yes... if it hurts... it might be time to reduce. I told her the same.

• They will likely give you back problems as you get older, especially if they're still growing. I voted to have them reduced (too big for my liking) but it really is up to you to decide if it's worth it or not. Maybe consult a doctor and he/she can't give you the info and help you to decide.

• Consult a physician. You likely have hypermastia.

• I've dated DD size girls, those breasts are beautiful!!! If U can reduce to DD that would be more appropriate given your current size (ht, wt). Healthwise, might be a good idea too. Back problems won't start creeping until U get in your 30s or U start having kids (lactation!). DD breasts are still big, and would be easier to find bras and clothes.

• From all the issues you listed I will say if I was you I would probably have them reduced.

• So long as the size of your breasts doesn't impediment you (both physically and psychologically) to live your life to the fullest, don't do it.

Don't do what others say, their opinions are short-lived just like our lives, live yours the way you want to and love your body for the temple of life that it is.

Big breasted or not.

• I would need to see a pic to determine... Not even being weird, its just if they look nice and perky and they are that big... keep them. If they are saggy and not that nice, then a reduction could get two birds stoned at once...

Guys perspective, we love dem titties. Do what you want, but you will definetely get less attention, which could sound good, until you are not getting it any more.

• Hell no!

• no pics wtf. do it, actually no... actually do it... i duno no pic!

• I like it how most guys clicked the "don't do it" including me

• BREAST REDUCTION IS A CRIME!

• Its up to you. Just to look good you might reduce it but in the future you may face problems.

• Until they become a health and comfort issue have fun...

• Don't do it!

• Probably should consider it, or you could have back problems later on. My ex is the same and she said she will probably have it done sometime. But you should wait a few years at least, so you are sure they've stopped growing and you are sure you want it

• I have my thoughts and that is very personal. so i can't tell here. as i feel shy. if possible give me your gag user id and i give you detail answer in DM.

What Girls Said 5

• If your breasts are effecting your health, then it is something you should consider.

• I had my breasts reduced when I was in my late teens. They were overly large and very saggy. It is something that I don't regret doing but after having children they grew back almost to their original size. I would do it but wait a few more years.

• I'm pretty much the same I don't think u should unless it's causing you lots of pain or like really negatively affecting your life to be honest. It's like a complete pain getting clothes but TBH so many girls would love to have your body and there are also problems that can occur when you have any surgery.
    To be honest I think you should do what you really want and not worry about what other people will say/think because of it X

• Guys like bigger breast. Only if they're a burden but I wouldn't do it

• Don't do it. You don't seem to be sure. I did it when I was 18 and it was the best decision of my life bit I did have back problems and bras hurt me.