How do you deal with being ugly?, seriously?

for years now I have known I am ugly, I fucking abhorrent every single thing about me and often just refuse to go out, and have even gone as far as wearing balaclava's at work to try and cover my face. But it's a truly shit way of living hating yourself so much.

i do not want to be told "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or some rubbish like that, because we all know some people have it and some don't.

I just need advice on how I can live a life without fear spending every second feeling sick that people can see me.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are under 18, maybe you'll grow up to be more attractive? Either way, you need to love yourself dude, you'll ve miserable if you don't. Also try to find something that makes you stand out, I have a friend who is very unattractive (most girls would give him a 3 or 4) but he's really funny so a lottttt of girls like him. It's all about having another good quality to make up for it.

• You and i both know, That, If there is no physical attraction, A relationship will not be healthy and will not last. I could try to be funny, But i will always be turned away on account of my appearance.

• Hey I don't know I mean those girls really like him a lot, one of them has asked him out 4 times and even asked him to prom (he doesn't like her so he always says no).

Most Helpful Guy

• People that people will not give a fuck about and won't stop interacting with you because you're ugly. It's just less likely that someone will be attracted. Besides that, you can have a normal life just like anyone else.

• I see everyone else with friends and family and partners and stuff, and I know j can never have any of that because I look so bad, I want a life they have. The things I would do even for another human to see past my looks and even be nice is incomprehensible :/

• It all depends on attitude. I never saw looks stop people from having friends. You can even find a partner. Everything is possible if you change your attitude. We have extreme power over our lives. If we think that we won't get something, we most likely won't. If we think we can, then we'll most likely have everything or many things that you want.

You can look at them and envy them or try to change your own future. Your looks have nothing to do with what you can achieve. You can't change them, can you? So you accept them and do what you can.

What Girls Said 8

• Learn to accept and/or love yourself. Beauty IS in the eyes of the beholder, and a good personality can make a person much better looking. I doubt you're that ugly, honestly, few people are. I'm sure you are fine. And looks ain't everything anyways, there are more important things in life. Focus on having fun with the people you love and achieving your dreams.

• I seriously need to see a picture, i know people who look like monkeys but are more confident than any other people. We can't change the way you view yourself, just accept yourself and ignore your flaws, there are people who envy you just like you envy them

• I did put a picture up a few weeks/months ago, And, most of the site voted it a 2 or 3 out of 10, so, if its all the same with you i would't really like to go through that again.

Unfortunately its hard to ignore your flaws when everything is flaw. Sorry for sounding morbid with you.

• This is extremely sad, i can relate because i used to be 30kg overweight and looked like a cow, i hope you'll accept yourself someday and i actually don't want to encourage you to something but you could try plastic surgery? Saving money and maybe getting rid of some flaws you want to change?

• I was looking into plastic surgery a lot, But, If i were to do it i would essentially be wanting almost a complete facial reconstruction or something, And, This sort of thing is extremely expensive.

• You need to love yourself. Your opinion of yourself will mean more than anyone else's. I'm sure you're not ugly, my love. You just have severe co code to issues, but you should see your imperfections as beauty. They're who make you you, and honestly, you seem like a really nice person to me! Also, don't compare yourself to others! I do it all the time, it's not a healthy thing to do X

• I am ugly i'm afraid, This site voted me a 2-3 out of 10. Which is very bad. I cannot help but feel like if you saw me, You would not be calling me a very nice person.

• Just work on having an awesome personality

• I'm ugly I just get on with it. Doesn't really affect my life.

• How does it not affect your life though? Have been able to make friends and have relationships despite your misfortune?

• I don't see why people would care what their friends look like.

• I'm not sure, I mean, I would like to think i act normally and such, I never do or say anything stupid and such, But, Its as if almost everything i say just gets dismissed on account of my appearance, I guess people just dont want to be friends with an ugly person, I can only assume because in their eyes ugly people just are lower class people or something.

I guess i understand what they mean, If we ever went out or something i would just be.. almost 'dead weight' they were dragging around and stuff, And hurt their game or whatever the heck they think.

I guess people just dont want ugly friends in the same regard noone would date someone thats ugly.

• maybe you're meant to be a politician? I used to have cystic acne and be SUPER insecure about myself. I'm fine now but it made me think about what i prioritize in life: my looks or my future

• You are definitely not as ugly as you think you are. We are our own worst critic.

• I definitely am, in fact I asked on here, and most people clicked the 2-3 / 10 option, so yeah pretty bad unfortunately.

• I understand that, I do not want everyone to find me attractive, But, I wouldn't mind those who do to think of me better then a 2/10, Its pretty heartbreaking to realise one is as the very bottom of someones desires. And you will always not be good enough, If you get me?

I tried to be positive, I really have, And, I came to the conclusion its likely i will never be able to have a relationship a while ago, I just wanted some friends, So, i tried just being nice to people, But once again people just dont want to even be friends with someone who looks so bad.

• That is most definitely not true at all. I have friends who are more attractive than I am and what I perceive to be much less attractive than I am. It is all about your attitude. I know it can be hard if you have low self-esteem, but if you try fixing this mindset, you might see much greater results. Trust me :)

• you just have to stay with ugly and fat people, the looser

What Guys Said 7

• I have dealt with it thus: I'm ugly and society wants me to go away and die. I will NOT give society that satisfaction! Fuck them! I'll enjoy myself in other ways and make society live with it.

• You obviously hate yourself.. it has nothing to do with you being ugly.. you hating yourself is alowing your image of your body to be distorted.. no one should feel ugly man.. everyone ugly is different and thats the truth.. how about your do some excercise or set a goal or even joining a gym and work on your body.. learn to be proud of yourself and im sure youl then find your not ugly man

• That is very harsh on yourself - Ever thought of counselling for how you view yourself.

• I wouldn't say it was harsh, I like to think i'm being realistic.

And, I haven't no, To be honest with you my friend, I always considered counselling and therapy nothing more then myself paying insane amounts of money to talk to someone about issues that will never change.

Its not like talking to someone can make me better lookin ya know mate?

• I deal with it by telling myself I'm fabulous!

• in my opinion im ugly to but i embrace it there's some benefits

• what bennefits are those mate?

• Well im anti social so not having people stare at/ try to talk to me in public is huge to me

• Be a good person.

• I be an asshole