How tall will I be an an adult?

I recently turned sixteen, and have not grown since I was twelve. My period came at eleven, so I figure puberty hit me on the early side of normal. I'm 5'5.5. My father is 5'11.5, and my mother about 5'6. I do have some insecurity feeling as though I'm too tall. Is it possible I may still grow more, or do you figure I'm done growing?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're probably done. Maybe an inch but most likely not as tall as your mom. 5'5 is not too tall.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd guess you're done. I stopped growing about thirteen, maybe a little more at fourteen, but maybe not. I'm 5'6" and I'm considered on the tall side of average. You're not too tall. And for the record, no one is "too tall" or "too short" or anything else. What you are is perfect and eactly what you should be :)

What Guys Said 7

• It sounds like you were an early developer - I am guessing you are at full height now or would not grow much more - I would consider 5'5.5 at the upper range of average not too tall for a girl.

• You might grow 1 to 2 inches between now and age 24, but probably not.

• You're about done. An inch more tops.

• You never really know. It's got something to do with your genes and when you consider yourself an adult.

• You might grow a little but not much. Don't be insecure though, you're a good height. I'm 17 and I'm 6'2 so I prefer a girl that is 5'6 rather than 5'0

• up to 21 I guess.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• 5'5" is pretty average. I'm 5'7", still not too tall in my opinion.

• Where do you live that 5 5 is tall let alone too tall?

How tall were you when you got your period? Supposedly we grow around one to two inches after our period but most of my friends who are tall got it early and had another spurt.

• I was about 5'3 or so at the time. And yeah, most women where I live are 5'4-5'9, yet I still have my height commented on.

• So strange. Well if you're not looking for extremes, then you're a great height. You can be small to a tall person or out in geeks and be tall yourself:)

Also I just realized, if you were 5 3 at age 11 that's tall. Maybe you grew up being used to being taller than other people and the feeling never went away, even though your height is very common :)

• You have probably reached the maximum height