Girls, how should I do my makeup to look my age (pics included)?

So, I'm 21, almost 22 but I don't look my age at all. I look like I'm 18 or younger. How could I do my makeup to look older? I'm all for being natural etc but it's clearly not working. I'm naturally blonde with light eyebrows and eyelashes so I usually wear mascara and fill in my eyebrows. Here's a picture of me with no makeup except for som tinted lip balm. My hair is a mess in this picture but that's beside the point. I usually wear it down, either straight or curled and I'm pretty happy with it most of the time. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you look fine as you are - I think a lot of people around your age have this issue especially young women - Maybe when going to bars or whatever you need to be a certain age, wear your hair up and a more sophisticated style of make up, it tends to mature younger faces.
    i.huffpost.com/.../o-CAMILLA-BELLE-570.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you could try a shorter hairstyle. I had someone tell me I look older with short hair back when I had a bob years ago. For makeup contouring really helps. It gives a more defined face and also helps make the baby fat on your cheeks unnoticeable. Wear a winged liner. Unless you're going for a dark smokey eye, always opt for a dark lipstick with a red tint. Light pink lipsticks are for a more youthful looks and lipsticks such as brown and dark red are for more mature looks. Check out Youtube videos on how to contour, apply winged liner, and a smokey eye. Contouring, winged liner, and smokey really help to achieve a mature look.

• Thanks a lot, those are great tips :) I'll definitely consider eyeliner. Haha need to learn ho to apply it first though...

What Guys Said 10

• "I look like I'm 18 or younger" errr who told you that? No offense but to me you look like you're 26 or 27.

• A lot of people. They always check my license when I buy alcohol and the legal drinking age in Sweden is 20

• @asker: I think part of it is your make-up/lipstick. And actually, you do have some wrinkles around your mouth. Don't get me wrong, you don't look bad, you're cute. You just don't look as young as 22 to me.

• Ok, thanks for explaining :)

• You look your age tbh

• That's good to hear, at least someone thinks so :)

• You don't look under 18.

• But not older than 18 either, that's the problem :(

• Knew I should've phrased that differently...

You look like you're in your late 20's.

• Oh, ok. A lot of people seem to think that. How come? What is it that makes me look old?

• Your skin colour is biologically calibrated to be the most attractive it could be, so I will skip the make up.

• I think you look great without makeup

• Thanks :) but I still look young

• Some of y friends mentioned it. And some people here in the comments. I don't know who to believe anymore, some people said I look like I'm in my 30's or 40's :(

• Yeah you definitely look early 20s

• you look like 26. beautiful too 👍

• Really? That's a first

• You look great the way u are o nthe pic

• Big boobs

• you have big breasts in your age

• U look pretty and sexy as well and you know it very well.

• Most people describe me as cute but thanks :)

What Girls Said 7

• However you want...

• I'm not very good at make up so that's why I asked

• Then go find tutorials you like and practice. That's what everyone else does.

• You look 40... If that's what baby faced looks like in your area then people 25+ must look ancient a. f...

• A lot of people seem to think that. What makes me look old, just curious?

• Your face tbh...

• "I look like I'm 18 or younger."
    Wishful thinking much?

• That's what people tell me IRL. I've never been mistaken for a 30-year old :O

• Ugh honestly some people on here enjoy being cruel, too. But in the end you should see what you value more, the opinions of a bunch of strangers on the Internet or people who know you irl.

• Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks for explaining. Some people have been pretty rude :(

• lol u look 21, don't get used to make up. I just apply mascara on which is enough for me and maybe it would suit you as well

• I'm not used to make up, that's why I asked this question in the first place. But everyone seems to think that I look my age after all (or look older) so maybe I was wrong...

• Wear eyeliner and mascara, ditch the lipstick, lightly colour your eyebrows maybe.

I dont actually know, Im 18 and look 16 at most

• Hun, you look well on your way to 30. Sorry, but nothing about you looks under 18. They're lying to you.

• I think if you changed your hair color to a red mahogony it would compliment your skin tone and make your eye color stand out. In regards to makeup check desi perkins and Chrisspy on youtube they helped me.

• You think so? I'm quite pale, wouldn't it stand out too much?

• I've seen girls who are really pale with that color and their skin gets so much color and it looks so beautiful.

• Ok, I'll consider it :) thanks for the tip!