What is the difference between a guy calling a girl beautiful, cute, and sexy/ hot?

The reason I ask is because when I get complimented it's always that I'm beautiful or cute I've never been called sexy. Could it also have to do with your personality? because I'm like the wholesome old fashioned girl out of my group of friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• a guy telling a girl she is pretty is a compliment.
    a guy telling her she is sexy can be seen as an unwelcome comment, or even harassment, no matter how innocently intended.

If a guy is going to call you sexy, he has the be the kind of guy who would say such things, he'd have to perceive you as someone receptive to such a comment, and he'd likely want to be in a situation where the comment didn't seem to come out of left field and be seen as out-of-place.

If you want people to feel entitled to freely tell you you are sexy, post a pic and say "if you had to call me cute, beautiful, pretty or sexy, what would you pick?"
    ... and if you do that, and someone like me says "pretty," keep in mind that some of us feel that, even with the permission in the title and the anonymity of being online, it is still uncouth to comment on a woman's sexual appeal so bluntly, and so we might pick a different way to say "we find you attractive" that we feel is more acceptable.
    or that, while we do find you sexy, we might just feel "pretty," for example, defines you more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cute is used when they're talking about your face while hot/sexy is used when they're talking about your body. Beautiful is your overall appearance I think.

What Guys Said 16

• same. I can say cute to disguise that I didn't want to say sexy. I've learned not to do that though cause girls get confused.

probably is personality and the "vibe" you give off. I don't think its a bad thing. some people project love some project sexy. I'd rather have love with some of the other at the right times. what do you want?

• it's usually just the same, just different levels. "Beautiful" is a strong word some people don't like throwing around, so they'll say "cute", or "cute" is just like... kiddy cute.

Anyway, for ME, it's like this:

beautiful - a girl/woman who has true natural face beauty. I use this just for faces usually.

cute - I never really say this. But I guess I'd say it for minors or kids lol. Like pets. "hey, cute dog" same as "hey, cute kid"

sexy - invoking the desire for sex. Regardless of how she rates on the 1-10 scale or anything else. Her personality can be sexy or her eyes or clothes, etc. But whatever it is, makes me wanna F her.

• To me they are all kinda the same word, the only thing though I don't think I would use the word sexy/hot unless prompted "Do you think I/she is sexy/hot?"

• I think this is the reason: "because I'm like the wholesome old fashioned girl out of my group of friends."

You may well be sexually attractive, but "sexy" often means sexually attractive and sexually available in a fairly obvious way. You may or may not be open to sexual advances or have a partner but if you're "the wholesome old fashioned girl out of my group of friends" that might not be very obvious or upfront.

• cute, pretty = guys want to be your boyfriend

sexy, hot = guys want to be your boyfriend, but wanna fuck you first.

• hmmm for me its just different kinds of "good looking"
    All are good tho... let me try and think of examples
    I would say taylor swift is cute
    Eva mendes is beautiful
    And mila kunis is hot
    All are good but they have different looks
    Thats just my take on it

• I think:

Beautiful: She is pleasant to look (inside or out).
    Hot: She has sexually arousing body AND "bed-able."
    Sexy: She is sexually arousing personality (action or words) AND "bed-able."
    Cute: She has baby face.

• if i dont want to sound creepy and nasty to a girl i like and i found very nice and decent then i would call her beautiful and cute and not hot or sexy, and to be honest there's not much difference between these,

• Cute- is like a girl who is sweet and pretty but kinda an average body like doesn't have big boobs or butt.
    Hot/Sexy- is a girl you would bone anywhere anytime.
    Beautiful- a girl who is very attractive in the face/head area and a good body.
    That's my definition of each, each guys definition differs though. They're all compliments

• When you decide on complimenting a girl does her personality and way she flirts change what your going to say?

• A cute girl probably has a really happy personality. That's really the only one I associate with personality. A hot/sexy girl probably flirts more, but these are just generalizations. iF I could see a pic of you I could tell you which one I thought you were soully based on looks

• Check the question How old do I look? And do you consider me attractive? for reference

• Beautiful is more formal. Cute is when her face is really pretty and her body looks young and undeveloped, sexy is when her body is like DAYUMMMMM. That's just my usage of those words though. Can't speak for everyone

• cute is you make me feel like I want to hug you all the time. Hot is that your really attractive but I'm afraid of getting burned. Beautiful is your amazing inside and out. Sexy is well... I want to bone that.

• Wether he wants to cuddle her or fuck her

• The first two are flirting and show signs of romantic interest while the other two make it seem like he only wants her for her body

• Nothing at all. Those are just words and just should be taken lightly

• Nothing really

• for me is the same

What Girls Said 1

• In my opinion:
    beautiful (she has a pretty face with a pretty smile and good personality)
    cute (tiny, adorable)
    hot (nice body or that is wearing short clothes, also that they will like to have sex with that girl)