Am I unnatractive or something?

Well, I've never been approached before.
Yes by a boy. Does that mean I'm ugly? My dad was shocked about that. My sister has gotten approached since she was 12 I saw with my own eyes. Im turning 16 in a few months and I'm wondering if it makes me unattractive or anything. I don't want a boyfriend quite yet though, its just been dropping my self esteem quite a bit.
I don't get looked at at school or approached, if anything the last thing I heard was these boys were making fun of my body shape saying I shouldn't wear this crop top.
: nothing else. Sometimes I dress really good but no one really cares to look at me.
Maybe I'm just ugly and the only one who doesn't see it completely. Is that possible?
Why do certain girls get ignored? I'm always ignored. It makes me feel unwantable.

No mean comments.
No ageist, sexist or any offensive opinions of any kind please.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are still extremely young, so please try to care less about those kinds of things.

Don't let popular media, today's society's norms and people you don't know lead you in superficial directions.

What Guys Said 10

• Do you know what a vicious cycle/circle is? Google it or something! But (A) that means nothing about you (B) when you start worrying about it being about you, you lose a sliver of self-esteem, and most guys are attracted to girls with high-self esteem. So, you're slightly lower self esteem, leads to less frequency of guys approching you which leads to a nother sliver of your self esteem, and so on and so forth, ad nausium!

The problem is that guys like girls that are confident and sometimes even hesitant to give them the time of day (that becomes a challenge to the average guy!) So, while it's extemely difficult, you need to realize that you are da' bomb, da' (wo) man and da' S#! t all rolled up into one package!

Then guys will start to take notice, I assure you - but it can't be an act! You have to believe it! Live it! I promise you that is all that you are lacking! outward appeal is squeezed WAY into the margins when a girl takes what is her's and snickers at the despirate boys!

• There is a 'how do i look' section here that might interest you. Can post a couple of your pics and see peoples opinions

• lot of attractive people have never been approached.

you're not the only one.

• I'm sure you look fine I wouldn't worry about it. Your young and believe me they will come.

• low confidence aura or just a late bloomer and both combined is also possible.

• Without being able to see you, it is impossible to answer your question.
    My suggestion would be to give yourself more time. You are still so young and boys in your age range are usually crippled by approach anxiety.

• A 16 y/o not being approached by guys, regardless of her looks, is nothing out of the ordinary...

• Maybe you are OP, Pics aren't loading

• No pic can't tell...

• Where are yer pictures so we can tell?

What Girls Said 4

• I share your pain, when I was your age I never had a boyfriend, guys generally didn't realize I existed (well, apart from one or two) even though I got into modelling as soon as I got out of school (not catwalk or anything extreme though, I'm way too short lol) . Now I think it was because I was shy and came off as arrogant because I didn't talk a lot. It usually has something to do with people misjudging your personality because even ugly girls get boyfriends, not that your ugly though, I'm sure your really pretty.

• Hmm, you might have weight issues, but that's no excuse. Tbh, even fat girls get approached and even ugly girls do. You must lack confidence

• I've never gotten approached. I'm not very pretty so it's not surprising. But most guys that do have the confidence to approach girls don't like approaching teenage girls unless you look a lot older. Teenage boys aren't that confident.
    I personally think it's pretty rare for a girl to get approached in school (most relationships come from friend groups but, like I said, teenage boys aren't that confident).

(And depending at what age you're at, there is a period during high school where boys tend to overshoot and go for the girls with the biggest boobs and most matured bodies.)

• If this makes you feel any better: since I turned 13 I have never been approached. 😁 (Unless you count those 40+ years old creepy dudes...)

• No it doesn't lol but thanks.