Does my profile picture actually look like I would be a catfish?

I noticed recently there have been some GAGers accusing other users of being catfishes. What difference do you think it makes if they use an image copied off google? Some people are not comfortable about posting their real picture on here and personally I understand why.

Most Helpful Girl

• I knew it! I always knew you were actually a catfish, catfish 😱😉
    Anyways I generally have no problem with people using pictures other than themselves on the internet but I feel like they're definitely crossing a line when they are using somebody's photos without their permission or directly claim to be that person. Someone once used my pictures on Twitter, saying horrible things with my face attached to that shit in a cowardly attempt to ruin my reputation and I seriously wasn't impressed with that at all.
    I hate catfishes.
    Nothing wrong with just using a picture from Google though as long as you state it isn't your photo if it isn't already obvious that it isn't you.

• Oh ok I get it now, i thought they were saying if you don't have a real photo of yourself then you are a catfish

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no catfishes (The fish type) in my part of the world so I will take your word on it. I am like you I have qualms about the whole "You are a CATFISH" thing that is going on. Lets go back to the beginning a catfish was originally a person who used a false identity to con a person into romantic feelings, offering financial support, offering emotional support etc or would provide some fantastic story of abuse/neglect/hardship to make the reader of posts or personal messages concerned.
    I will just go by personal experience especially on the free dating sites you will get scammers the ones you don't spot straight away, it will turn financial very quickly. The hottie that just loves older men and wants to talk about sex all the time, yeah right a high school student just here for kicks easy to spot. I have never been catfished in the classic sense maybe my radar is too good, who knows.
    Which brings us to GaG, I am pretty/handsome, exciting/glamourous, something I am not/something I want to be - These people do me no harm, they are not trying to gain off me - Everybody lies on their online persona, it is just a question of how much - Some will scream "I don't, I am real" but I counter take me I am as close to genuine as you can get on this site but I still present the best version of myself to you, in real life I am not this articulate, I get flustered, I lose my temper, I make mistakes and have flaws but here I check google for facts, take a breath, reread my answer before pressing send to give the best impression of myself.

What Girls Said 11

• Damn, dude, your picture definitely seems catfishy to me :P To be honest, I'd change my profile picture to an actual picture of me but I'm kinda too attached to my cute anime pic to do it :P

• Yeah , i did it to prove a point though that not everyone with a profile picture not of themselves is a fake person

• Exactly why I use the picture I do. I don't want an entire internet of strangers knowing what I look like.

Awesome picture by the way, just dont get caught and cooked!

• Yes, you're definitely a catfish! :D

I also understand why their don't post a picture of themselves. But, I think it's wrong when you use a picture copied off google and you pretend it's you.
    And that's what some people do.

• CATFISH!

• Ufff! What's wrong with these catfishes! What do you get from catfishing huh? Did you think we wouldn't be able to find out? There is something called google image reverse search! Busted!

• That's funny! As long as ur not secretly a girl or anything.

• I knew u were a catfish ur exposed sir! I mean ma'am!

• I wouldn't think you were a catfish.

• Pretty people are held in high suspicion here

• yes.

• yes it does

What Guys Said 3

• Naaahhhhh.

• pfft, bottom feeder.

• I think people feel somehow lied to when someone uses someone else as a profile picture. It's a kinda weird thing to do, don't you think? I mean, I don't like to show my face, so I use a random picture fitting with my username. But why on earth would you use some random person you found on google?

• That's just an image they like and apparently GAG lets them use it

• That's true. I do use my real picture all the time but I did the catfish thing for a point

• I like the idea :)