Why can't I take a decent picture ever?

Man it is so frustrating that no matter how hard I try all my pictures turn out bad. Im seriously starting to think its because I have a bean head or something. I study other girls pictures to do what theybdo but it never turns out right ever. Idek😒😔 like am i too close? is my lighting bad? Am i just ugly? What am i doing wrong?Why can't I take a decent picture ever?

Most Helpful Guy

• You look good, but maybe you look better IRL :p

Selfies are always challenging and the distortion is a major reason. Yeah, the camera is just way too close, always, with a selfie. Phones can take okay pictures, but just... not comparable to an actual camera. The lens just isn't as good.

There's less distortion if you take your photo in a mirror since it increases the effective 'distance' from camera to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine rarely turn out good. They're usually not very clear. I have tried altering the settings on my mobile, but that doesn't seem to work. So I am wondering if the camera on my phone is crap or the phone itself. Unless it is me hahah

What Guys Said 24

• The only thing that keeping you from being adorable is your not smiling. You do in fact take awesome pics just try to smile more

• I feel stupid smiling at a camera because nobody my age who I know rarely ever does it.

• Well your still very pretty none the less

• You're not ugly, dear. You just need a better phone for taking pictures and some software for enhancing it a little (lighting, noise, contrast).

• Thank you. And I had a better phone but I broke it on accident😔

• The exposure setting in the camera is too high.
    You just need to read about how to take pictures which will help you know how to look good in them.

• That's not a bad pic... Beautiful ;-)

• there are many steps you can take to make a picture look greater than reality, google it.

• Thats a nice pic of you

• That pic looks good to me

• lol this pic looks fine though. except you look kind of angry. maybe try smiling or something XD

• In all honesty you look good. I don't really pay attention to all the extra stuff, I just think your attractive. I understand about the smiling though I don't like smiling in my pics either. It wouldn't hurt to smile every now and then lol.

• All you had to do was smile. Try again!

• But you look nice. I'm digging your t shirt though! I'm from close to Detroit so yeah :)

• take video of yourself. then just pause it where you like and screenshot.

• That pic is 3/10

• That's a really good picture : stop complaining.

• I'm not complaining lol that isn't even how I look when I look in the mirror. I thought i looked better than that but my pictures just... ugh.

• Unless you're posing forfor a photoshoot I wouldn't worry about having a perfect pic. Just be natural. You're already beautiful, you'd be gorgeous if you smiled.

• Your look gorgeous very pretty 😍 Its perfect your overthinkong the details it only takes one glimpse to see your are very very beautiful! 💕

• Yo me you are very pretty

• There is nothing wrong with you your pretty

• You're cute

• I take like 30 pictures and only like...
    5 come out pretty decent..

• That's me to a T. Except the decent ones are barely decent

• Just gotta get better angles
      that helps me a lot

• You look good ;)

• You look good though, just needed to smile.

• That is a decent picture. I'd smash.

• YOU'RE CUTE

What Girls Said 9

• I have the same problem. I can't take a picture for crap. That's why I rarely take selfies and every time someone looks through my phone they're like, "You don't have any selfies?" Lol but it could be the phone. The lighting, the angles all have an effect on how our picture comes out. But what really counts is what you see in real life so don't think you're ugly because even in this picture you're not. ☺️

• the hell you talking about? :p
    you re really pretty and your pic is just fine. better if you smiled lol.
    what would you do if you had a round face like mine lol xD

• Thank you and I try to smile but I really hate it. And you are pretty yourself your round face is cute

• @archiz Hahaha seeing this reminds me of when you said it was like a basketball. xDDD Still makes me laugh just thinking about it.

• @nfigure I still think it looks like a basketball xD

• That's a great puc but I feel your pain. I hate myself in all pictures.

• Woah, all pictures really? :o It's interesting how each person tends to be his or her own harshest critic, haha. Personally I think your avatar, for example, looks quite nice. ^_^ Although I have to admit the first thought when I look at it is: wow that is the hugest key I've ever seen in my life. xD

• LOL I love that reasoning to buy a decoration!

And I can relate to the feeling about one's own picture; that's partially why I prefer to be greeted by a picture of a funny (and most likely insane) beagle haha --- instead of a photo of my own real mug --- every time I log in. xD

But well, for what it's worth, I've seen you around the site --- since you are a GAG Guru and all haha, so it's a bit unavoidable :P --- and your photos have all looked pretty to me. :P

• @nfigure thanks and it's worth a lot 😘💙

• you look great

• I don't like smiling a lot either but your eyes are pretty.

• Smile 😊

• Smiling would help.

• As others said smile more.

You are not a duck/fish

You said u feel stupid smiling because most people ir age dont smile... Those people are idiots.

Seriously when is the duck face gonna be out of fashion? It looks absolutely ridiculous.

• Is your phone white?

• black

• Are white phones bad? But mine is bad anyway thoug