I am 160lbs and 5'7". Is that considered overweight?

I have lost 30lbs over the past year and I can now say that I'm content with the look of my body and the energy level. 160lbs at 5'7" considered overweight still?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to tell going by just the height and weight. The BMI isn't accurate. It really depends on your measurements, and if you can get an accurate reading, your body fat percentage. You could be slightly overweight (according to the BMI) but you might actually be slim. You could be muscular like me. I'd say check your measurements and go by that more than how you weigh.

For me, I am 5'4 and 140. Generally, that's not overweight but it can be slightly chubby for girls my height. In fact about five years ago (when I was about 24/25) for me that made me chubby. Now I work out every day and I eat healthier; I am a lot slimmer than I used to be. I can fit in the clothes that I wore at 115/120 (when I was 20) and the clothes that I wore at 140 five years ago are way too big. I never throw clothes out unless they are worn, so I go by that.

So if you haven't been, work on building muscle too. Keep on what you're doing, because obviously it's working but muscle is always good to have as well. I used to be scared to build muscle because I was afraid I'd be bulky like those body building women, but you won't be. It's actually hard to build that much muscle. People spend years and it can still be hard to achieve that look. So if you're worried about looking bulky or not feminine don't be.

What Guys Said 6

• If you are content that is the main thing - I am not a fan of numbers, it is what you think you look like and how you feel plus if you get any medical advice.

• Maybe a little overweight but the shape of your body can make a big difference.

• No its not, its atractive

• I'd say, you are likely not overweight, being as you are pretty tall

• hard to say without pic.

• That's higher than average for someone who is 5'7 but not overweight at all

What Girls Said 4

• A healthy weight for a woman with a large frame your height is 150lbs... so your a little over depending on your frame... but don't let that stop you or dull your sparkle... if you're one of the very lucky women who is actually happy with her body then do you boo... do you❤️

• Of course not. I'm two inches shorter than you and like 5 pounds heavier lol. You're definitely not overweight by the numbers, and if you're happy with the way you look, that's honestly the most important. Congrats on the weightloss!

• it is really hard to tell anything w/o you posting your picture.

• It's not exactly skinny but it's not obese either. If you're happy and feel healthy, that says a lot more than a BMI. Congrats on losing 30 lbs!