Been struggling with my weight. Honest opinions do I look fat?

For over 2 years I have been struggling with a medical condition that makes me have to take steroids to stabilize my blood pressure. This causes weight gain. I weighed 120 lbs and now weigh 170 from being on this medication. I want an honest opinion because no one close to me will tell me.

I'm 5'4 lol I'm short

Most Helpful Guy

• You carry 170 a hell of a lot better than a lot of girls carry 120, I'll say that.

Still, most steroids raise blood pressure, and putting on weight raises blood pressure. You must have had very low blood pressure to need this.

In either even, you CAN NOT, medically, stay on steroids for a prolonged period. You simply can not. They will destroy your long term health. Speaking from personal experience here.
    Also speaking from personal experience, when you are off the steroids, that weight will come off, even if slowly at first.

• Yea I had a extremely low bp where I couldn't even walk just getting up I would pass out. I got a procedure called a TVAM done to help my Dysautonomia which has helped. I have been on the Florinef for almost 2 years now - and my cardiologist doesn't want me off so I don't regress to where I was. I did make another appt with him to talk about the health concerns because with cortisone my body over produces sugar causing weight gain as well.

• Well, that sounds complicated and awful. I hope they figure something out. A non-steroidal solution should be possible.

I looked up Florinef, and it says one side effect is salt retention. That makes sense, if they want to raise your blood pressure. It also means that some of your weight is most likely water weight, and not fat or anything.

On to the question itself though, I meant what I said. You carry 170 much better than many people carry significantly less. I would never have guessed your weight so high. You do not look fat at all.
      Weight is, for the most part, just numbers. If you're OK with how you look, don't worry too much about the numbers. And you should be OK with how you look.

What Guys Said 72

• Fapped. thanks

• So basically, ''Hey guys and girls, Look at these pictures of my ass and face whilst i pose wearing tight clothing and clearly look attractive, But oh gosh im so ugly and fat though''...

I fucking hate it when people like you do this shit, You fucking know you're not fat, You fucking know you're not ugly, if you did think that, You would not be fucking uploading pictures like that wearing leggings and shit, And there is absolutely no fucking way you wiegh 170 unless you are like 8ft tall. Again, Stop lying.

Fucking attention seekers smh...

• Lmfaoooo it's funny how people go out of their way to troll. As mentioned I am on medication due to a medical condition making me gain 50lbs from steroids to support my blood pressure. Yes, some of this weight is water weight. I truly do feel overweight and am hearing it from my doctors as well. Not attention seeker, thank you.

• you have absolutely no weight issue... and unless you are 7 feet tall there is no way you weigh 170lbs

• WHAT? There is no way you weigh 170 lbs. You must be really tall or something.

Well if its any consolation, you don't look like you weigh nearly that much. I would've guessed 110-120. I personally think you have a great body, and you need not worry about it.

• you're not fat! I can't actually believe you're 170. I guess it's dat bootay and those nice thighs.

I'm the fat one.

• That is not 170, you look about 140 tops. You look great, no worries!

• Are those pictures of you at 170lb? Because those look like photos of a girl at the 120lb area.

• You look hot, not fat at all.

• Fat? Of course not. I know what fat is and you are not fat at all.

• You look great and very pretty I see nothing wrong with you at all

• Unfortunately, weight gain is a drawback of taking steroids. However, you don't have the classic "Steroid Face." which makes a person resemble a hamster with its pouches full of food.
    You have a very shapely figure and as long as you eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly, you should maintain your shapely figure.
    Shorts would have given a better idea as to how your legs look, but, they look good as they are.

• you look amazing. if i was younger i would be honerd if you you allowed me to go out on a date with you

• I think the real answer is even though you hit 170 - You look great

• Bull your not 170 I am calling catfishing or fishing for compliments on this one but at the off chance you are not those things then no you are not fat geez lol I mean c'mon your hot and you know it you sexy piece of crap lol.

• A) this could be angle
    B) u r tall
    C) you carry more muscles

If it's one of last two things OP, you are ok

• Your body looks good... but are u SURE you're 170? Is the scale you used calibrated correctly?

• To give an honest opinion it would have to be straight up. But you look completely fine girl.

• Well obviously you didn't show us the 170 pound picture of you

• wow, you're quite the jokester aren't you?

• Your in great shape. Anyone who tells you different is lying, and you have nothing to worry about. Rock that body with confidence.

• Cute 💁
    Just chill ok?

• 5'4" and 170? GTFO! I'm 5'9" and 175-180 pounds so there's no way you're 170!

• Nope

• Are you serious? Relax. We all have our flaws. But you are definitely not fat. You look good in my opinion.

• You are sexy as hell... The scale is the devil.. The mirror tells you the truth and the mirror says you are hot!

• You look great

• this is going to sound weird but you have sort of... big arms...

• What picture are you 170lbs because you look much lighter. If you are 170lbs in any of the pictures then you carry your weight very well

• Looks like all your fat goes in your ass and thighs. You don't look fat to me though.

• More from Guys
    42

13 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• SMH right now.. All these hot slim girls asking if they're fat -.-

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d66e92f060.jpg

^^this is fat^ unfortunately.

and no you are not fat quite the contrary actually

• you carry weight absolutely amazingly. you do not look fat at all, the steroids might have made you gain muscle because you look the size of a 130 pound girl. you look normal sized so don't worry about the number on the scale, worry about body fat percentage which i'm sure is not high at all for you.

• Not at all. You do then look anywhere near 170. Prime example of someone that carries their weight well.

• That's 170 lbs? IMPOSSIBLE!

• Lol you're full of shit.

• There's no way you're 170.

• You don't look 170 LOL cause I'm 160 and you look much more fit than I do

• No way are you 170 lbs. you'd be quite chubby if you weighed that much at 5'4.
    You look really good though, nice bum and legs and small belly. You look fab.

• You look like in good shape. But the first picture is very hard to actually see your body.

• You carry your weight well!

• nah you dont look fat at all you look great so chill

• I can tell you you sure don't look like 170 lbs. You look 120 tbh but it depends on your height

• You look great!

• not fat but u should lost a little pounds

• This is nothing but a lying attention seeking post. Why not just ask how you look? There are people who truly do struggle with their weight, and then they see posts like this. It's worse because you are clearly lying about your weight. We all know you don't weigh 170 pounds. If you're going to lie about your weight, at least make it believable. This is just a post to get men to say: "Oh you're not fat at all!" or "You look good for 170." even though most women on here know you don't weigh that much.

• THANK you.

• @xxLioness back off her, dude in the real world she's not as thin as many girls her age. not her fault you're a warthog

• I did post the pic go ahead and look lol and thank you Pavlove