What the heck does it mean?

Anytime I get a compliment from someone they say, oh you look so cute. or you're soo cute! you look really cute in that! And especially when a guy says your cute! that just confuses me more... what the heck does cute even mean? Because when I think cute, I think little slobbery golden retriever puppy... I want to be beautiful, or sexy! not cute :/

Most Helpful Girl

• It mean thats you are pretty but in a youthful way. Like everytime someone looks at you , you show young and bubbly. It sucks, cause all we wanna do is look fierce and sexy but at least you aren't ugly. :)

What Guys Said 13

• I would regard cute/pretty/attractive in the same way maybe using the word cute for younger looking girls up to the age of early 20s - I was never a fan of using the words hot/sexy, I think cute/pretty/attractive is a much stronger compliment.

• I don't know about most guys, but when I say cute, attractive and beautiful are often there as well. I often think a woman is all 3 so what to say? I've heard a lot of women don't like being called cute for this reason so I try to avoid it but for me, they often go hand in hand.

• What does it mean when women say it? Cause we get it a lot to.

• Well usually it means the guy is pretty attractive. But not drop dead gorgeous. He's usually got a friendly manner to him and a great smile.

• That or we can call a guy cute for the way he acts as well. If he's really sweet and nice to you.

• Guys are people to. Just like girls we can be attracted to cute. It doesn't mean unaexy, it just means that the girl triggers our protective instincts, not just our sexual ones.

• Let me give you an example of the differences. First, I'm old, so you'll have to Google most of these people because they're not famous anymore. Also look at their pictures of when they were YOUNG.

Nicole Kidman beautiful, but not sexy and not cute.
      Valerie Bertinelli cute, just a *little* sexy, but not really beautiful.
      Jessica Alba sexy and beautiful equally
      Beyonce more sexy than beautiful
      Angelina Jolie very sexy but also beautiful
      Melanie Griffith very cute

• I think if you are cute then people will smile at you, if you are hot/sexy people will give you naughty look and if you are beautiful then people will just stare.

• here are some top search results on Google for "cute girl."

http://e2ua.com/data/wallpapers/75/WDF_1205618.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5LZgpUg.jpg

e2ua.com/data/wallpapers/206/WDF_2442408.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Gy7P9vH.jpg

You really want to not take that compliment?

• It's not that I don't want to take the compliment! It's very nice of them to say. I just never really associated it with being beautiful. I took it more as looking at me like a little girl.

• Cute is the easy way for us to say in place of beautiful & sexy... Beautiful means we r too charmed & sexy can hint some attractive... So cute fits better most of the times

• I feel that. I get cute or handsome a lot, and I would prefer sexy, but who cares it's still a complement. At least they aren't telling you that your ugly. Gotta look at the positive sometimes.

• Probably doesn't mean anything

• if you upload picture of you, definitely can judge whether your cute or sexy

• A ha haa I understand that but being cute is also a good thing, you may be ugly too. Be positive...

• cute is just another word for pretty

• you cute

• puppy

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe you could just accept the compliment?

• You want to be calleD Be

• You want to be called beautiful or gorgeous, not sexy or hot or cute... beautiful and gorgeous are sincere and shows he likes all of you on the potential of maybe dating... sexy or hot means guy likes only way you look and hopes to hook up with you...
      And I agree cute is what you call a gappy toothed kid in a sailor outfit at a christening lol...
      This site keeps jumping about on my mobile can't finish damn sentences!!