Tall girls or Short girls?

At school there's these girls that make fun of me cause I'm taller than everyone. I'm 14 and I'm 5"9 (not to mention I'm asian), (or 176cm) and there's these girls (or I should say just there is this girl) that makes fun of me cause I'm tall. She says in my face "oh, tall people die faster" or "tall girls are ugly and aggressive" or "i like being short" or "I never want to be tall" or "you'll never find a boyfriend, marry your dog". The only thing I can come back with is "well who's wearing the 10' highheels and highwaisted pants?". Since she's always wearing giant high heels (I think she's like 4"9 without highheels and like 5"2 with highheels) How should I deal with this? And how should I be happy that I'm tall and use this "advantage"?

• I like tall girls (still shorter than you but not that short)
  • I like really short girls

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's ridiculous when people make fun of others because of their height. For like being too short or too tall. I'm a really short guy at 5'3" and I'm always the butt of all the short jokes, but because I''m so short my friends always protected me from the bullies. You left only too options here. How about a third option that says I like all girls (no matter what their size is) who are not jerks. To be honest I picked really short girls because they are my equivalents but if they're mean to people for stupid reasons then I won't respect them. They're just jealous of you because they wish they were taller. But 4'9 though? Shouldn't she hate almost everyone for being taller than her? But really you need to stick up for yourself and your friends should stick up for you too in these situations, so they can see that you're not a good target.

Most Helpful Girl

• Seriously, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being tall. You're young and surrounded by many, many people who haven't hit their growth spurt yet. I felt the same way, especially when I was taller AND dealing with acne. I hit those stages faster than everyone else. It made me really insecure, but later in life you realize it isn't a big deal.

It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. I knew someone at my old middle school who was really tall, and people loved her. Yes they made fun of her and called her a giraffe, but she laughed back, and they respected her for it. She earned their friendship for being able to laugh at herself and not take things too seriously.

Someday (in a few years), they're going to grow up and go through their own "growth cycle." You'll probably see them walking through the halls in high school, now MUCH taller and with an "aged" (acne-infested) face. They won't have baby faces, and they won't be super short compared to you. I know I was SHOCKED when I saw some of the people I knew in middle school. A guy that used to pick on me for various reasons is no longer a shorty, and I think he's actually my height now. There's also another guy, who's face is now covered in acne. In middle school, his face looked soft like a baby's bottom.

• Thank you for encouraging me! :) I really appreciate it. Although it's really hard to be the giant of the school :, D

What Guys Said 20

• I like gals taller than me. this girl is acting out of he rown insecurities. It has nothing to do with you or what guys like. you are just fine and will find plenty of boyfriends..

Go over 6' tall and you will have to be flexible in what height buy you like. It does become harder I think. 5'9 should be no proble and perfect.

• Thank you! I hope I stop growing. Cause 5"9 is tall enough (tall enough to be a model and not too tall that I hover over every single person I see)

• I know, but realize it is your choice and self image not others. I like 6'0 tall girls, just they usually pass by me because of their choice, not mine. I doubt you have much control over this but in all likely hood, you won't grow much more so you are good. dont' do things that stretch you... like hang from monkey bars or basketball:)

• A medium would be good.
    I mean, I'm 183cm. Not exactly the tallest or the shortest. A healthy medium is just right for my medium ass. Round 165 ish.

That 4'9 toxic bitch tho. Who gives a fuck about what she thinks. You can't really hear her up there anyway can ya? :P

• lol 5.9? Girl you short! Well maybe not for high school or age 15 but trust me, if you stop growing now you'll still be short compared to most guys. I'm a shorter than avg 20 y/o man and I'm only 5'10. So take comfort!

• If she is 5'9" and 'short' then wtf does that make me? (5'3")
      by the way ur height is actually average for a man...

• I'm so glad I'm only average for guys! :) (Although I'm a girl :, D) But why do I always see like so many people that are way shorter than me. I only know like 1 person who is 1cm taller than me.

• probably because you live in a geographical location where the majority of people are born shorter. I know where I live I'm short for a guy. The average guy I know is about 6.0-6.3.

• Guys have all different preferences some prefer short, others tall but usually it is not a major thing. I would try and ignore other girl as much as possible, she sounds jealous.

• Well I'm only 5'4..
    That puts a lot of girls off the radar for me.

I do prefer shorter girls, those girls who are picking on you are just stupid; ignore them haha

• I like tall women

• I'm an inch taller than you
    And i won't mind being with you
    I think that girl I jealous so you shouldn't give a fuck about it 💁

• They make fun of you cuz you're TALL?

SQUISH THEM!

• I'm tall at 6;7 so i can really overlook everything... like a lion, i have the high grounds.

Can also get a closer look at those boulders below. Wait What?

Maybe take her 10' highheels and put em on a high shelf or just hold them high. It will make use of your height and make her shorter in the process. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, as i'm sure she's just jealous of your height. :>

• Nah, Tall chicks are hotter OP. They mad because they know you'd get more D lol

• Tall ladies, short ladies, ill take em all

• Medium like 5'5 to 5'8.

• lol at 4'9'' thats hilariously short, i'm about your height, maybe a cm or 2 taller in good posture, as a guy i feel like i am short but its a pretty good height for a girl. And just lol at how @Polocrew put it.

• I think tall women are really attractive

• Why? :o And thanks! :)

• It's okay! Just glad to hear that some people would prefer tall people over migits.

• Lol yeah, you're fine. Be happy and confident about who you are!

• Why not both hah

• at least 5 5.

i dont want midget kids

• I like both, but I prefer tall girls.

• I don't really care about height. But most women I have heard want a man taller than themselves.

• Tall is sexy. Fuck shorties.

• actually girls want to be tall so they are prob making fun of you because they are jealous. Guys just want a girl who is almost the same height but just a bit smaller.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm 5'7 and I love being tall, you should embrace it girl. Tall girls have long sexy legs and personally i like the body portions of tall girls, short girls tend to have stumpy legs (although not always) but i think it looks unflattering. We can also gain 10 lbs and it's not noticeable, whereas someone under 5 ft it would make a big difference. I also like that I can feel cute and petite as men have a bigger body build and tall and sexy other times. Best of both worlds. 😊

• @somethingoingon

Your welcome, you little coward you hahahaha

• Lol you nerd.

• I'm 5'9 too and there's plenty of insults you can say as comebacks. Google it. Don't let that pocket sized bitch affect you.

• Thank you! :) Do people call you pretty? :) I want to know if tall people can be pretty :)

• @DarkIndividual haha I tried😂

• Now that you mentioned it, that was a really good way to write it lol! XD

• She is insecure and thats the reason why she is teasing you. xD xD

Source: Was insecure of my shortness once upon a time.

• tall girls are better. At least you'll not look like a child next to your boyfriend

• You could say to them

'At least I'm not a midget!'