Is it possible to get idea about how good looking we are by attractiveness of the girl/guy that we are attracted to?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's possible. Many people naturally seem to go for a partner who is near their own attractiveness level. We feel like we have the greatest chance and the greatest look when with a partner of a similar level. Some still go for top notch but not many.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• They've done studies about this, and most people tend to match themselves with someone who gave themselves the same rating... that wording...

Here
    Read "Research"
    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matching_hypothesis

• Hmm... I just read through it myself, and I realize that in the studies there were actually judges to determine attractiveness. Then in a dating/dance environment the people were matched and those with closer attract ratings were more satisfied.

I would LIKE to see a study about people rating THEMSELVES and then choosing someone else without knowing that person's rating.

• @UnknownXYZ how easy is it to start a study at a uni if you're not a science major.

• No I don't think that logic stands.