Does the number on the scale really matter?

When I look in mirror, I'm happy with my body. I'm pretty fit, especially above my hips, and just a tad thicker on the thighs, standing tall at 5'10. However, I weigh about 170-175 pounds. For me, that number is pretty scary to look on the scale, although I feel as if I'm pretty healthy and don't look heavy! Is this a deal breaker to guys? I'm really insecure about my weight and typically don't give out this kind of information so freely.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd just be concerned with your overall look. I went on a field trip to this big agricultural fair for a class in college, and I went off with a couple girls from class to walk around. There were carnival rides and games as well, including the "guess your weight" guy. So one of the girls does it, and it turned out she was like 175, I was surprised, but she actually had a pretty nice bod. She was tall and slender, flat stomach, and her legs were slightly thick but more in an athletic way, there's was nothing "fat" about her. But she was about 5'10, so definitely on the taller side. I think she was just tall but had some lower body muscle to her. I wouldn't sweat it, just stay fit and try to eat right and exercise regularly. I could show you two guys who are 6'2 and 215... one is an NFL safety, jacked and 7% body fat, the other is a guy who never has seen the inside of a gym and is 25% body fat. Worry about the constitution of your body, not the number on the scale, that's just a guideline👍

Most Helpful Girl

• No. The way you look and feel matters more than the number.

What Guys Said 16

• Your size, and how you look does matter. Nobody can deny it. But your weight does not matter at all, because there are so many things that factor into your weight besides fat, that most people don't even consider.

There is height, mass, body shape/proportion, fat percentage, muscle weight, water weight - the list goes on. Not to mention that your true weight is how much you weigh in the morning after you use the restroom, and before you eat breakfast. Your weight fluctuates CONSTANTLY throughout the day depending on how much you eat, and how much you go to the bathroom.

Personally, i probably wouldn't date you. You are both taller than me, and weigh more than me. But in all fairness, i am short - so I'm sure most normal guys would have no problem dating you.

• Based on your profile pic you have no need to worry. You're very pretty.
    You're also tall for a girl so that could be why you weigh more. I don't know.

• The actual number doesn't matter. If you "wear it well" you're fine. Some people look better with extra weight. I dated a girl who was 5'10-5'11, weighed around 165. Was a non issue for me. Didn't matter. I still lifted her up and carried her around anyways : )

• If you're self conscious about it. Then I recommend working out. Not for guys, but for your own personal security. Feeling comfortable in your own skin goes a long way and if you don't need a man in order to feel that way it'll make guys even more attracted.

• Today's actual number is 23. Don't ask me why you asked me how

• @kattfeesh

What?

• I hate to break it to you but guys don't have any magic powers that know your number on the scales - They go on what you look like and your attitude. You are happy with both so that is two boxes ticked, your number is between you and the scales.

• Wait a minute I have magic powers and almond girl so I assume guys have magic powers too. Like the magic power that lets them stand up to pee. What a magic power! What about the magic power that allows their penis to grow when they think about Babe Ruth's underwear? Or my magic bow that if I walk into the cafeteria at NYU with a short dress on all the guys get erections? So don't tell me about magic powers because they exist

• @KattFeesh But you had to tell me - I didn't have the power to accurately guess it

• If you private message me I'll send you a picture and then you will be able to figure out my number is 23

• Spit on that scale. If you got a great shape and you are happy with it then you are all good.

• No I don't think it's as big of a deal as some people think it is I'm between 5'11 to 6 foot when I was at my best shape I was at 175. So you being 170 to175 is well with in reason

• The most important thing is that you are happy which you are so woohoo! I've had a look at your profile picture and from what I can see you have a great body.

• That number doesn't matter at all. There are many guys out there (like me) who actually prefer girls that aren't too thin. A girl with curves is more attractive in my opinion.

• honestly weight means shit, i weight 180 lbs my friend weights the same and he's skinny and iam average, go figure

• Seem good to me

• As long as you aren't fat lol I don't know how much of it are muscles so I can't tell OP

• You're a pretty healthy weight for your height and you look pretty good to me

• are you kidding me? you are very attractive and beautiful to be honest.

• Nope. As long as your happy man.

• No it doesn't. As long as you're fit and healthy

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• No you are tall so you're naturally gonna weigh more.

I think that's healthy

• Nope, as long as your happy it's fine :)