Who else feels insecure about their looks and body shape?

So many girls and guys are influenced by what they see in the media (tv, newspapers), the people they around and famous people. I personally compare myself to other girls and it brings me down. My boyfriend and friends tell me im pretty but i find it so hard to believe them. And there is always a want to be slimmer. I really empathize with people out there who find it difficult to love themselves.

Most Helpful Guy

• Me, but rather than lashing out at society and the media I recognize my own shortcomings and either plan to fix them, or get over it.

Women like taller men, I'm short (5'6). I've accepted that I have no place in the fantasies of most women and yelling from a soapbox won't change that. If one day I really decided it was unacceptable I'd work hard to pay for limb lengthening surgery.

I hate my fat belly, but then my diet of constant beer and pizza is what created it. I won't ever give that shit up because I like it, so be it! Maybe I'll try to do some situps though.

Feel free to compare yourself to others, you should for perspective. But keep in mind your desires and ambitions are what is most important. If you want to look pretty for you boyfriend, and your boyfriend says you look pretty I don't see the problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you'd be in the minority if you had no insecurities. I don't know if it's just age or what but I've started to care less about it and embrace myself. At your age I wore makeup all the time. I couldn't even go to a 5 min 711 run without putting on makeup, infact I'd never wash my makeup off when I slept over at my bfs at the time because I felt so insecure. Now I barely wear makeup, and when I do i skip things like foundation. lol I've also learned pictures on instagram etc are not a representation of real life, they're filtered multiple times and that person picked their very best angle. That doesn't mean they're ugly in real life, but in real life you'd see their moles or a pimple, maybe even stretch marks here or there, or fine lines. You wouldn't be seeing that strategic angle with smoothing and perfect lighting. Dont forget a lot of celeberties have been busted photoshopping too. I was watching a youtube video and the girl in the video made a good point. When you see some of these instagirls/celebrities etc posting no makeup selfies that are perfect, you don't know what kinds of subtle procedures they've done like those HD brows that are semi permanent, eyelash extensions, expensive laser facial procedures, lip injections. These are all things the average person would not have, so even their natural picture might not be as natural as you'd think.

What Guys Said 18

• Well if you are too much of a downer your going to end up killing the mood of the date xD. Just learn to accept your self.

• I personally believe everybody feels insecure about something just some are better at hiding it than others.

• Not insecure anymore, not after I lost weight.

• I used to, when I was wayyy skinny

• I think everyone does to some degree. I just accept the way I am for the most part but I have bad days. People like me or they don't, I don't put much into what others think (or try not to anyway). I'm happy generally so that's all I worry about.

• I still do, I'm not going to lie about it. I mean once you know what the opposite gender finds "ideal", it's not hard to look in the mirror and give yourself an honest assessment.

• yup definitely me lol.
    more muscular, less belly, a bit shorter... etc

• S/O to roids

• I feel terrible about myself. I dont even go outside or interact with others because of my appearance, it's really depressing and really has affected me to the point that I take medication for anxiety & Depression

• Sorry about that. I don't see any reason for you to feel like that though. There will always be people who accept you for who you are and then again there will be those who won't. Everybody experiences this.

• Working on it atm.

• I'm very short, so that's always been a source of insecurity. However, it's also been a source a motivation to be the best me I can be.

• i used to feel insecure but not anymore.

• Nah im good

• Meee, tooo chubby

• Being too skinny is better than being too fat.

• Everyone does. Even the models on the runway have their doubts, but such is life.

• I'm not.

And I'm in good shape - round is a shape ;) ;)

• I think you look amazing and you're super slim already. You should love yourself

• Plus you have such a cute baby face 😍

• Baby face? haha

• You're welcome, and yeah it's a cute face 😀

What Girls Said 20

• Not really, I've always had a very proportionate body. My stretch marks use to be a drag on my self-esteem, but then I learned how to be naked and have fun doing lol 👈 that sounds so wrong, but I mean it. From bikinis to nude body painting in public, I've done it and feel no shame for my body. Loving myself and the little package of flesh I'm surrounded by is what makes it easier to deal with... Well, life and anything it can and will throw at you. My next adventure will be breast feeding in public lol 🍼🍼👯

• Most of what you see in magazines is edited. Firstly, they have professional makeup artists & hairstylists. Secondly, the pictures are taken professionally with the lights in a certain place to soften out their features. Then the photographers will Photoshop them (airbrush & even make them look slimmer)

This happens with modelling photographs as well as celebrities. Models aren't even as skinny as they seem.

As for TV, during interviews for example, they have lights in the right places there too.

There's no one "perfect" look in my opinion & there's not a certain look that is considered perfect by everyone entirely. Instead of comparing/wanting to be like other girls,, be the best version of you. If everyone looked the same the world would be a very dull place. It's the querks that make someone unique. ^_^

My advice would be to focus on your health & try to remain mostly natural.

• That's true. People still go by what they see, even if it is fake in reality.

• Yeah, it's an unrealistic goal & if they took away the fakeness they'd just end up looking like one of us regular girls.

• I know I know! But sometimes I am like fuck it. I am sure my personality will out shine my body!

• Yeah, I'm in that boat, too. Some days, I feel better than others, but I know there's room for improvement.

• I was for a long time!!! I did everything I could to look the best I could but one day I had to realize that this is me and what I am. Love it or leave it. So I just chose to love it. I don't care I'm short or not stacked in the chest area, I just am me, and I'm good with that.

• I hate my body. I try my best to cover it up, including wearing clothes a size too big just so people can't see my rolls. I've actually worked on fixing my body image,, but it's a slow process.

• I feel fine about my bodytype. Ofcourse i have thoughts like "Well, i can change this about myself", but everyone does. I just don't compare myself to other people. Especially not to the female celebs that are 40% silicone

• I used to be very insecure about my body when I was younger. But now I'm not so insecure about it anymore. I mean there are some things about my body that I am going to work on over the summer, other than that I think I'm okay.

• I don't like anything about how I look tbh.

• baby...

• @Asker You're very sweet, nobody is gonna be jealousof me ;/

• You never know

• I was insecure but then started working out and actually taking care of my appearance and now, I'm not at all.

• I used to be super insecure.
    Not really as much anymore. Very happy with the way I look.

• Nice to hear that some people are :)

• I don't, I like myself in all aspects 😊

• My body doesn't bother me, but I am insecure about my face. It's ugly.

• no and no, i grew out of that by like... 20.

• U r pretty judging by ur profile

• I feel average, evendoe people compliment me on my body but I don't think they mean it lol

• I was born this way. Not to mention it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

• I do sometimes

• Me. I want to be thinner. Although it's so hard to get where I want to be

• I am probably the most insecure person ever. I physically despise every part of my body and I really want to lose like ten pounds. No one really knows though they all think I'm happy

• It's always good to talk about you're feelings. And if you speak to someone your close to they will be able to build you up a bit and make you feel better about yourself. No one can do that alone