Why do people have trouble looking me when I make direct eye contact with them?

It's mostly women but there's a good amount of men too that have trouble looking at me in my eyes when I talk with them. Judge me based off my picture do I look threatening? Mean? Like for example this older women I was working with the other day she would have the hardest time keeping eye contact when we talked.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh i do that because I have this thing were I daydream and it gets me in trouble.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it is HOW you look at them. I look at women, directly in the eye, at work, especially when they are married, and are dressed 'too seductively' for being married mothers.
    Other people, well, some can't tolerate direct eye contact, because they think you might be able to see through their 'lies' and the 'facade' they put up, and see 'them' like they don't want anyone to see!!
    I always look people directly in the eye, as a 'test' of their character, and respect, and trustworthiness.
    I DON'T TRUST people who look away, and won't make eye contact

• Well I don't get s vibe that they aren't being seedy. Especially from women. I do have an intense look to my eye especially when I'm at work. Could it be intimidating?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I don't see why there should be a problem

• I think it depends, but I think it is usually their lack of confidence- people that are confident should not have problem looking at someone in the eyes while talking, regardless of their looks.