My boyfriend told me I was fat, what does that mean?

Last week we were with friends and he just told me in front of eveybody that now i look good because i have lost weght and before that i was looking in his opinion as a "Mamma bear". i am not offended but somehow i don't think it is right to talks to me that way. He also told me that before, when i wore swimsuit i was scary and now i am great. i was 165cm/55kg when i met him and now i am not so different 165/ 53kg... It just looked like he didn't know why he began dating with me... and i am confused. Saying something like that in front of everyone is so ugly and shows no respect for the person you are with.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• He said what he means, he is saying the truth.

• Fat is not equal to ugly. Stop the misconception.
    Fat = well, fat.

He told you what you needed to hear, and look at where you are now.

And what's this crap about "i don't think it is right to talks to me that way"?
    So how should he tell you you're fat?

"Hey honey... Pandas are cute and stuff and... you look like one"?

• Read her last sentence. He did it in front of everybody.

• @Red_Arrow Oh gosh I am soooooo sorry.

Yes, scratch what I said. Things like that should've been said in private.

Again, I am soooooo sorry.

• Since when fat mean ugly. They are two different word and have different meaning. You are contradict yourself here. Calling fat people ugly since fat is ugly. Girl love to complain over the smallest that doesn't matter and that you right here

• He means you were fat. There's no mystery.

But, at 55kg, you weren't. He has a weird notion of fat.

• For the love of...
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+definition+of+fat

That's what it means.

• That's a bit mean

• use some translator to translate this English sentence in your language. lol

• It means he thinks you're fat, you thick dimwit.

• Plan a proper revenge. Get back in shape and dump him after you do.

• Your boyfriend is a pig.

• i think he is mean

• What an asshole

• Hmm I could say your boyfriend thinks you are fat but that crazy ass answer has been taken. My answer is kick him in the sack.

What Girls Said 4

• Wow "you were scary" "mama bear" ?

I think he's worried you'll leave him since you're looking better and the dumbass is making it easier for you.

Defintely disrespectful and idiotic of him to say. If I were you I'd leave

• Yes that was very disrespectful to say it infront of your friends... He could have told u one away but a guess he wanted everybody to know that u loose weight which is probably obvious

• that u need a new boyfriend..

• I think it means that you could do better than him. I would suggest finding a man who will respect you.