What are the non-religous benefits of being celibate until marriage?

I feel like it would be a smart decision for someone like me. I have a history of making the mistake of having sex too fast in relationships, ultimately making them very shortlived. I want to know a guy loves me for my soul, not sex. And it takes a long time for someone to get to know me, because it is hard to break my walls down and see my personality. I'm very shy and reserved, but fun and playful only when I know people for a long time.

I think the guys I had sex with really liked me and wanted to get to know me. Like I was for sure prospect to be a girlfriend to them, but they end up giving up and getting bored. Like I'm not worth it, trying to get me to not be shy and awkward takes too much work.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes. emotional ones.
    sex and emotion are very strongly linked, and so even non-religious people or people who are not in "wait until marriage" type religions might choose to wait because they want the "consummation" of their marriage to actually mean something.
    You can't exactly consummate something you've done with each other countless times before

Most Helpful Girl

• It will mean more when you do give yourself to someone.

What Guys Said 6

• You just need to wait a little more before doing sex, so they spend time knowing other things about you.

You don't need to go full no sex before marriage. That would be pointless.
    don't go from 8 to 80. Go to... 25

• That it is sad that people want to be celibate until marriage

• Everything I'm going to say is in this
    waitingtillmarriage.org/.../

• No AIDS

• None that you would achieve with a good sexual education (condoms etc..)

• You won't get an std, you won't get pregnant

What Girls Said 0