Do I have the potential to be a model?

I may not look it but i suffer from low self esteem which is why i tend to take a lot of pictures. My friends tell me I'm pretty and i could be a model but I'm not sure that I have what it takes. Doing modeling could be a good way to boost my self esteem.

I was just wondering if you guys think I'm good enough to be a professional model.

Do I have the potential to be a model?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me start off by saying that you are an absolutely beautiful young woman.

BUT... that isn't enough to be a high fashion model. In fact, many of those women aren't nearly as good-looking as you are. What they ARE, though, is very tall (5'10" or taller is the norm), very skinny (and small-chested), and they tend to have unique, exotic looks. And one other thing: they tend to start at 12-13, because by 18-20, most of their careers are over, or at the very least on the downslope. Only a tiny, tiny handful last through their 20s. And like all high-end creative jobs, the competition is ugly and brutal and girls get fired or passed over for jobs CONSTANTLY. Even legit "supermodels" will tell you that they will be called in for a shoot and when they get there, they get sent home because they don't have "the right look." If you already have self-esteem problems, then you'll be the type to remember every rejection instead of every success - and there will be more of the former. So, in my opinion, fashion is probably out.

There are, of course, other types of modeling. There are glamour models (a much wider range of sizes and ages), catalog models, event models (think: trade shows, car shows, WWE ring girls, etc.), fetish models, and, yes, porn/adult models. And while there is "more" competition, in the sense that there are far more of these models to compete with, the competition isn't nearly as intense. Of course, the pay is also no where near the same as for fashion, but these would probably be much healthier for your self-esteem, and a better fit for your age and look.

The real question is: do you actually WANT to be a model or not? Because it isn't nearly as glamourous as it looks, and it can be a lot of work, long days, uncomfortable poses, being too hot or too cold, etc. If you think it's what you want to do for a living (for now, at least), then that's great, but if you're doing this JUST for your self-esteem, then you should think of it as a secondary job (nights/weekends) and keep your day job.

I will repeat what I said at the beginning, though: you are a very beautiful young woman, and shouldn't need ANYONE to validate that for you - a simple look in the mirror should suffice. But any person off the street COULD validate it for you, because almost everyone would agree that you are beautiful. Anyone who tells you otherwise has an agenda...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're quite pretty. I'd say so. Maybe not a supermodel since those tend to be pin-straight and tall and more unique looking. I think you might have a shot at commercial modeling, swimsuit, men's magazines or instagram modeling.
    But then who knows. Kendall Jenner is doing Chanel and Balmain, so pretty much anyone can model now.
    You say you are insecure. Well, then I don't think modeling is the best route for you. The modeling industry DOES NOT care about your self-esteem, they are a business and care about only body image. They are infamous for destroying many top models self-esteem even if they never had self-esteem issues to begin with. You already have self-esteem issues so that would be suicide. I would suggest developing thick-skein, VERY thick skin since modeling is super competitive.

Also, not every good-looking person HAS to be a model and not every good-looking person is. If you do want to be, then that's good but you don't have to be. Ask yourself this: What do I offer the modeling industry that nobody else can offer? How can I set myself apart from the hundreds of other beautiful girls trying to be models?

What Guys Said 48

• I'll say this.

Yes, you are a very attractive young woman. My concern, however, is your reasoning for wanting to become a model. Based on what you've said here, I think what you're looking for is validation more than a career. Additionally, validation is not the same as self-esteem.

Now I will say that yes, you definitely COULD be a model. You have the look and you have the style. However, you should only do it if it's what YOU want to do. Keep in mind that even if you were to become a professional model, they'd still do heavy make-up and airbrushing. Obviously, that wouldn't help your feelings about yourself at all.

I think you need to build your self-esteem first and THEN pursue modeling, if that be your calling. How do you do that? Look in the mirror every day and tell yourself "I am beautiful". Not "Wow, I'm hot" or "wow, I'm sexy", but "I am beautiful". Keep a daily journal and at the end of each entry, write "I AM BEAUTIFUL" (you totally are).

Try a different style of dress too. I'm looking at the photos and you've got low-cut tops, a bikini, and a party dress. I'm not going to say that you should get rid of those altogether, but you would do well to have some items in your wardrobe that are more modest. If you already do, I'd recommend wearing those more often. Pick out stuff that's cute and feminine, not hot and sexy. Minimize cleavage as much as possible. Pick out stuff that's lightweight and pastel (lighter shades). Stuff like this...
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...2051026796.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...cf2ed4b4ee.jpg

santacruzholisticnutrition.dreamhosters.com/.../happy-woman-in-a-field.jpg

And since we're on the subject, have you heard this little tune here?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXoZLPSw8U8

Just a few things to think about :-)

• Are you attractive? absolutely

Couldyou be a model? maybe

Being a model isn't all about being beautiful. A lot of it is being tall skinny, having sharp features, and meeting the right people. For example Cara Delevigne is one of the most well known and successful models right now but I don't think she's that attractive.

Honestly I think your face and body is significantlyrics more attractive than hers and if given the choice I would pick you over her.

Also I think ororacle makes a good point about the modeling industry making peoplesay self esteem problems worse not better.

Another thing is will probably be pressured to do nude or sexually suggestive photoshoots.

• You're very attractive, go for it esp if u live near NYC/LA. Find a talent scout. However, know that modeling is beyond words brutally competitive.

• Would not want to be in that business lol.

• @Phoenix98 Ya anything entertainment industry, acting, modelling is just absolutely brutally competitive

• Yeah tell me about it that's one of the main reasons why dad turned down a talent scout for one of those big magazines lol. I mean who would want to constantly live in that competitive life style 24/7 be stressful as hell.

• what "kind" of model? you gotta specify bro. so many different fucking modeling agencies out there

• i think so. how tall are you. the industry more often than not requires models to be 5'7 or taller

• I think so you might have to drop some more weight they are super skinny you know. Talk to someone give it a shot

• Yes, you do. You have a very beautiful face and an attractive body as well.

• Yeah I'd say you have the potential if that's the kind of thing you want to pursue but just remember modeling is one of the most brutal and competitive lines of work in the world. It ain't for the faint of heart.

• I sure think so. Should be a great dancer.

• Omgg you are hot as fuck!! Yes you have the potential to be a model! You have a vey sexy body and beautilfull ass amd nice face
    You are like 9/10 in all ways

Givee a follow please ! Wanaa add you in mylist

• Please pardon me, because I think I have fallen in love with you after seeing those pictures. I have never seen any Girl like you. You are going to be the Top model wherever you will apply for sure. You are the prettiest girl and has the potential to become the top model in any company. You are hot too.

• yes you do, have pretty good features to be a model and you have a good height. you should try for it.

• Girl you have the looks and the style. I will say move to LA, Miami, or New York and find a talent scout. You're a 10/10.

• Wow, definitely :D yo remind me off Morena Baccarin (Compliment) . you're so hot :D

what kind of modeling do you want to do?

• face and body looks ok but that´s like 10% of what it needs to be a model.

• Absolutely. Stunning.

• Yes you do

• Yeah, I think you do. You look more Indian than Syrian in some of the pictures.

• I think so. Give it a try!

• Hell yes!

• how do you ask this w/o listing your height...

• You are pretty dang hot OP so yea

• Give it a shot 💉

• Low seld esteem when you look lile that! ? O_O

• Not sure how you could have low self esteem. You should send some pics to a modeling agency

• Good lord you are super gorgeous, yeah you should be in magazine for real!

• You are way to hot model hell if I was you I would crank it up a notch and run for President you have my vote lol

• you do have the potential yes

• I think without question you do. May i ask what your ethnicity is?

• Syrian.

• Oh ok. I'm Palestinian, I knew you're middle eastern. Anyway, yes, you're very beautiful and I think you can.

• body wise yes

• More from Guys
    18

What Girls Said 26

• Just an FYI - modeling is not a good way to boost your self esteem... choosing interests and activities that are more focused on what your body and brain can do and less focused on your physical appearance will boost your confidence.

You look great, but the most pics you take, the more time you spend on make up activities rend hair and body sculpting, the more flaws you'll see and the more they'll bother you.

Seriously - step away from the mirror and the cameras for a while. You'll thank yourself.

• You like the classic Instagram model type. But as for high fashion, you don't seem to be the type for that.

• Maybe you could, but modeling is really the worst way to boost your self-esteem. Like you're insecure about your appearance so you do a job that will only focus and judge you on your appearance and you will get rejected a lot because of it.
    You should focus on the things you like about yourself and appreciate yourself for who you are, instead of what you look like, because after all it's just a really small part of who you are.

• you are very pretty.. not sure about the model thing.. cuz they tend to be naturally skinny.. but you sure can give it a try.. nevertheless.. you're hot!

• Models get shit all the time, the industry is really fucking competitive and if you have low self-esteem now, modeling would probably only make it worse.

• specifically, they get shit from people in the industry.

• Yeah, I'd get your self-esteem issues worked out first.

• she's probably getting the opposite message from the industry at the same time, that she's not thin enough, not good enough. gotta be a real mindfuck.

The models I've known hated it.

• If you want to do modeling then fine, but do it because you want to, not because you think it will boost your self esteem. The truth is it might make you feel worse about yourself. When you go to these interviews and photo shoots they are brutally honest. They will tell you to lose weight here and gain weight there and fix this and fix that and get rid of all of those and you just shouldn't have to deal with that. I think you are pretty. Just be pretty and be yourself.

• You're gorgeous! Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the floor. :o

I think you can make it modeling yes, how tall are you?

• I think you are very beautiful and have potential of being a model!!
    I don't think you have as low self esteem as you may think lol! Women who usually have low self esteem tend too hide there body or face, but you're showing it off so... but anyways, good luck on a modeling Currier

• the way you pose and dress makes it hard to believe you have a low self esteem :p
    anw... yea you def can model cs you re hot.

• OMG!! you're gorgeous!!! you should definitely try it out! I have a feeling we'll be seeing you sometime soon on t. v or wherever!! :)

• how tall are you? cuz that's a massive deciding factor, do you want to be an editorial model or a fitness model.. @redeyemindtricks could give u some advice (if she's up for it)

• I'm 5'9"

• aren't very aware of bad poses, and also aren't very aware of bad pictures when they ARE taken. I mean, shiiittt whenever any picture makes MY legs look like that, I make sure that all traces of that picture are immediately destroyed out of existence hahah

so... yeah.

But, srsly, if you DO have an issue with yr self-image, then, going into modeling is absolutely the worst thing you could possibly do at this point. The way new models are critiqued would just totally destroy you, I swear.

@chintita sry about spamming yr opinion thread with this, I meant to post it as my own separate opinion but... yeah I messed up that one, lol.

• @redeyemindtricks lmao its okay, i also thought the amount of lipstick wasn't minimalistic enough for a model since they always appear more natural looking

• I model part time, so know more than most people that beauty is forever subjective and transient.

I was "scouted" in high school but u could "cold call" some agencies.

MUCH luck to you. :) xo

• I think you have potential but you could try taking more artistic pictures for a start and see how that goes. You don't need to show of your figure (which is amazing btw) to take a nice shot.

• You are gorgeous! Not sure if you have model potential but you certainly look amazing. How tall are you?

• Omg absolutely! you're stunning

• Yes you do! Im surprised you aren't a model now.

• I would have guessed you already are one lol!

• sure you have the potential so get a portfolio together and find yourself an agent

• Heck yeah girl. You're very sexy and have a great style.

• I guess you could have :)

• Girl, you have the looks and the style. Go for it.

• Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good Luck.

• oh wow u are very cute and i love ur hair yes sis u can!

• Wow, yes! Where are you from, originally?

• loose weight on ur thighs

• modelling will make you more insecure.
    Just look around you and be gratefull.