Am I fat? (Yes the typical am I fat question but I would appreciate it if you would hear me out please)?

I've been struggling with eating disorders since I was 7. Always thinking I'm fat when actually I was skinny. But my mother and grandmother would say that I was fat (btw I have seen my childhood pictures and when I look back I barely even weighed 20 kg and I was 4'11) Right now I'm 5'4 and 151 pounds (aka 69 kg) . After years of losing weight and gaining more back again and again. I was 78 a month ago but I lost it and my family says that I look fine. But for some reason i always think I'm fat. My classmates say I'm fat but my father (who is also a doctor) says there is nothing wrong about my weight. If you don't know already, in Asia if you're not stick thin you're fat (yes I know) in fact I wish I was stick thin.

Pictures are below... I hope you can give your honest opinions (blurred out face and info)

Most Helpful Guy

• that makes me mad the culture is so sick and puts that on you. everyone is different and the woman are just projecting their societal junk onto you.

What they are saying is that if you don't get skinny, you won't get a man. Well I can tell you for a fact a girl I'm interested in is like you and she's Asian. Maybe you won't get an Asian guy (if that is the culture), but you'll get another culture.
    If you have relationship counselors in your country, get one and fine one that supports you being an indivual and building your self esteem.
    Read the book change your life in 7 days to re- work on your self image.

You look great in the photo! If you are a few pounds heavy, that is easily dealth with in a healthy way by wanting just exercising, not by people guilting you into some shape! What you want to do is be healthy... that is eat healthy, exercise and stay fit... love yourself how you are. I don't know what to say about the women becuase they are awful... you being so young... may be hard to push back on them. Easiest way is to break out of their mold and just ask why they say that. Then counter with other solutions you have in mind... like you will marry some other race cause this one is lame if that is how they think.

What Guys Said 6

• you dont look fat at all to me

• You dont look fat to me

• You look good sweetheart... :)

• not at all x

• Are you crazy! no not at all.

• No , you aren't fat.

What Girls Said 5

• You need to be talking with your doctor and therapist about this. Not stupid internet people.

• U look fine

• You are not fat

• 5'4 And 151 lbs is no where near thin. Sorry hun but you're over weight

• You're wearing a baggy shirt so I can't give an entirely accurate opinion, but you don't look fat. 5'4 and 151 lbs is on the thicker side though. Thin would be 115-125 lbs. But just find an activity that you love (like running or bike riding or a sport), do it regularly, and don't worry about your weight, because as long as you're active (and not eating TOO bad, though there's nothing wrong with having an unhealthy meal/snack sometimes!) you'll be the right size (WHATEVER size that may be, as we all are built differently and not everyone is meant to be a very small person, which is fine). Being FIT and IN SHAPE is more important than your weight. I strongly suggest only weighing yourself once a month, actually, and focus on VISUAL changes you can see in your body---more muscle definition, less body fat, that sort of thing.