Are my legs too short and muscular?

Hi, I'm 15, and I'm 5"1 and 119 lbs. I naturally have a very muscular build, and I also dance competitively. I know I'm not necessarily fat, but I (no joke) get comments everyday like "wow your calves are so big" or "your legs are so short!"... It's kinda gotten to the point to where I can't even wear shorts to school and I feel insecure dancing, even tho it's what I love doing. I don't mind having muscular legs, but my muscles are larger than a lot of the guys at my school, even though I'm a foot shorter. Please be honest, how do my legs look?Are my legs too short and muscular?

Most Helpful Guy

• They look fine, to be honest theyre pretty nice legs, you habe that sexy toned meaty thigh look, yeah your calves look toned but thats a good thing and a sleek stomach and you got a nice butt, i dont like butts, think theyre gross, but yours is nice you have nothing to worry about, dont let what dorks say about you get to you. If you want a rating, id say 20 out of 10, also it sounds like a lot of the guys at your school are pixy built lol, compared to others i have seen yours is fairly normal, but better

Most Helpful Girl

• Your legs look really good! Actually, your body looks good, period. You look very in shape but not overly muscular. I would love to be your size and have even considered getting fat put in my thighs and butt when I get older (I'm very skinny :/). I really don't think the comments you mentioned people make about your legs are meant to be offensive or insulting. I'm guilty of commenting about my short friends' little legs sometimes---I don't mean it in a demeaning way!

Wear shorts! Your legs look great!

What Guys Said 25

• Look just fine to me. Don't always campare yourself to others or take what others say too seriously. Think about it first. Use your own opinion before adding what others said. I'm sure that you are happy with your body especially since it's a great fit for what you love doing. You got the body for it so be proud of it.

• no, you are good. see what younger dudes say.

• No your good to go girl no problems with that

• You have really nice legs. They're well toned, attractive, and any guy you ask will tell you the same thing

• I love muscular legged women, even though yours barely show. I also won't mention your ass. I used to date a woman similar to you. She even wore the same "shorts" but under armour and bright colored usually. Played volleyball and softball. Very sexy Army woman. She was Army Strong.

• Thanks, it's good to know there's guys out there that find my build attractive!!

• Your welcome. Athletic/Military is pretty much the only "type" of women I date, hopefully that doesn't sound self-centered or judgmental.
      Do you mind following me? I will follow you back, so I can stalk you. (You're anonymous, so you would have to follow me first.) (Just kidding about stalking you, hahha)

• Haha sure, there's not too much to stalk tho because I make all my questions anon

• You have nice legs

• Great build. Nothing to worry about. Stay positive. Most guys want a girl who is athletic and takes care of herself, not a twig.

• It's just that at times I wish I were more "twiggy" so I would look more feminine haha, but thank you!

• There are things you can do to shape your muscles differently, but you don't need to. Often we focus on the things we wish were better about ourselves rather than the great things we have to offer someone else. I'm sure you have many great features and qualities.

• Your legs are wonderful. If you love to dance then keep on dancing. If you want to wear shorts then wear them. Just be yourself and do not worry about what others say.

• Short maybe, too muscular no

• you look like you're in awesome shape!

• I love your legs!

• I think your legs look great!!!

• They look great to me

• your legs look really nice

• Your legs are fine, no worries.

• i can see you smacking homerun in softball

• nope not really. your legs look great ;) haa

• They are like fat, i know someone like you, she is a javelin thrower, for me, it is a little disgusting

• So do you know what could I do to maybe lessen my unflattering appearance?

• Nahh my wife has a similar build, she used to play Volley ball and now is a coach.

• They are cute. I like them

• Looks normal to me

• You are my female version. I don't like my legs. They are too muscular too. But, yours are ok.

• sexy

• mmmm maybe ;)

• They look fine you shouldn't worry about others think and you definantly shouldn't stop dancing if its what you love to do, so what if their more muscukare than most the guys that just means they need to get bigger and faster, so dont listen to them listen to your heart and do what you think is best for you and not the others.

What Girls Said 5

• They look like normal legs to me. You're telling us that your legs do all these things for you that allow you to have an active lifestyle. Why would you complain about them?

• Thank you haha. It's just that I feel like my legs aren't feminine at all, and I can't wear a lot of the things I would like to because of it

• You're a girl who identifies as a girl. How could they not be feminine?

• You look great!! You shouldn't even be worried about people's comment, they don't mean to make you feel bad, take them as positive! You look great!

• Your legs are almost identical to mine!!! Im 16 5'2 and 115 lbs an i have the same legs as you. Its normal, and there's a billion diff body types. Love your legs because you have them forever!!!

• Too short?
    Yes
    Muscular?
    No

• They look fine to me