Why don't attractive girls like me on Tinder?

I created a tinder profile once more after losing 70 pounds. I felt great! But whenever I swipe right on girls (which is most since this is an ego boost) I rarely get swiped right back by any girls. I've already been self concious about my looks from before I got one even after losing my weight. In real life I should say I tend to get nervous but I'm trying to work on talking to girls. I used to get called ugly by them often enough in middle school since I was so over weight that I'm essentially afraid of girls now, and I hate this since I'm going off to college in the fall and I want to be able to get along with girls easily. Also, I might as well mention that my profile picture of me is my tinder profile picture as well. Be honest with me about it. I'd just like some of that. And I'm not smiling in the pic since I'm not photogenic. And if you want to rate me from 1-10 that's cool. Thank you!

Ok. I updated my profile picture on tinder to this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you're going away to college soon think of that as an opportunity to start over. Forget about the mean things people have told you in the past and focus on the present. No one at your college knows what you looked like in middle school, they will only see you for who you are now. Just be yourself and try to get to know some girls, and guys. Being shy is alright too some girls even find that cute on a guy. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Get off of Tinder and interact with women in real life. Online dating is a waste of time.

• Not a bad idea. I wanted to give it another go is all.

• Trust me it really is a waste of time. I got off of it and met my girlfriend afterwards.

What Girls Said 8

• You're not ugly, but you look very unhappy in that photo. It might be off-putting to some girls maybe.

• I think you look decent and yeah you should definitely smile cuz this tough guy look doesn't suit you

• Ok. I thought it was better that I don't to be honest since I thought it made me look worst in pictures, but thank you.

• Welcome and remember: be confident & don't let anything ruin your mood!

• Girls will probably be more attracted to your picture if you were smiling and maybe looked like you wanted to be in the pic, lol. You're not unattractive at all, you just aren't "marketing" yourself very well is all.

• Yeah. I actually tried changing it so I'd be smiling a bit without looking bad. Maybe I'll just use my Facebook profile picture. That had more positive reactions anyways.

• Girls are just mean assholes

• Smile in your picture. Shows confidence.

• Because you're not hot.
    Attractive people like other attractive people.

• If you're going to be shallow you can't complain if other people are too

• Yeah that tends to happen often, oddly enough

• @michael45 yeah I see that a lot too.

• I think that people have a harder time meeting people online due to the fear of being catfished

• Do girls in your area actively use tinder?
    You never know, you could be swiping on inactive profiles….

What Guys Said 1

• who needs tinder when you got roofies and bars jkjk i think they might be lookin for perfect surfer body type boys

• Yeah probably. We're all shallow in the end. I'll just get my frosted tips and orange skin set up, then I'm set!