Is it normal to be mad that I don't get carded for alcohol?

I grew up with a baby face in HS so i was told in HS i look young. I usually don't get mad cause I keep a five o'clock shadow look like in my profile pic so I look a little older. Well today I got a haircut and had a beard shave as well and was completely clean shaven and there was no sign of stubble and I went to get a beer after to a bar I have never been to before. I feel like when I'm clean shaven I look younger than my age and unexpectedly she didn't card me and I was a little disappointed. Where I work its if you look under 30 your getting carded and it bothers me that I may look older than my age.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats odd you feel that way about NOT getting carded. I feel the opposite because im 21 and hate that people think im younger.. I feel good when i dont get carded!

• Well I serve tables so if a couple looks younger than 30 I card them and every restaurant should go by that rule. So when I don't get carded I feel like people may think I'm at least 30 when im only 30 so it bothers me a little.

• Im pretty sure she didn't think you were 30.. Not every restaurant askes for ID if they dont look at least 30. You probably looked at least 21 and thats why she didn't ask.

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel your pain, bro, but she probably can tell you are at least 21.
    You don't look 30, but definitely at least 21.

What Girls Said 3

• Sometimes I get carded , sometimes I don't.
    A guy refused to sell me alcohol , I sent my guy in who is older by eight years he didn't get asked anything and got it.
    Some people don't follow I. d. policies down to a T. There's really no need to take it personal. Some people are slack on their job. It doesn't mean you look older , it's just that some people could give a shit less.

• Maybe she just didn't care.

• Still it's every time I go to a bar I don't get carded and its a trend and at 22 I should still be getting carded.

• Omg you're offended by not getting carded? geez lmfao 🙄

What Guys Said 3

• No, I fucking hate having to pull my ID out for every 15 movie I go to I once got told I need ID to go see a 12a (PG-13 but 12 year olds) film last year 12 YEAR OLDS GET INTO THAT AND I DIDN'T AND I WAS 16.

• 15 rated movie is you can enter when 15.

• Well true I was told I look 10 when I was 18 now i don't get carded for a beer and its like do I look old. HS girls used to move my baby face now I feel the opposite like I may age poorly.

• Sometimes they just get lazy checking, I'm pretty accustomed to not being ID'd so I'm more surprised when it does happen.

• I never get carded anymore but its cause I keep a little. beard inwas clean cut and still didn't which bothers me.

• Never get carded, but be the rbf