What are some hidden benefits of being physically unattractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, to name a few.

A - You have a stronger chance of interacting and seeing people for who they truly are. Trust me when I tell you very few things offer greater clarity then a person who is NOT looking to get that SOMETHING from you, but STILL chooses to be your friend.

B - You can blend in better and not be noticed. This can be a good thing in many social settings.

C - In my experience, people who were born conventionally unattractive or more developed on a character level than people who were born attractive. Being born attractive is a surprisingly POWERFUL crutch. You have a stronger ability to influence people and get what you want, it's nothing but a plus, especially in today's society where superficiality is very prominent. People who were born without this crutch are often forced to sharpen their other characteristics and talents in order to get somewhere in life. This can often manifest itself into a wittier personality in order to win people over, etc. Of course, I'm not saying you can't be witty AND good looking, I'm just saying it has a tendency to affect the numbers surprisingly often.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never been considered extremely attractive before, I've always been considered smart and nerdy/cute. The pros of being stereotypically unattractive is that I am used to others ignoring me. I rely on my street smart, overall personality/how I treat others, and my book smarts to get by.

What Guys Said 17

• Reduces threat of AIDS and undesired pregnancies.

• You get free sympathy from your friends that you're are beautiful and someday, you'll get the partner of your dreams who'd love you for what you are.

• If you are actually attractive and someone asks you if you think you are attractive and you say "yes" they will think you're an arrogant narcissistic asshole that thinks he's the center of the universe... If you are unattractive and someone asks you if you think you are attractive and you say "yes", they would be like you're awesome, I love you confidence, you're really a great person, and you really are attractive. lol

• Sometimes attractive people don't get hired because they intimidate people of the same sex. Unattractive people don't have that problem.

• one can live single forever if that is what they are going for

• Girls won't call you a slut before even getting to know you

• Someone will actually like you for who you are. Instead of shallow reasons such as thinking you're hot or wanting to get inside you. The former may aid guys to hit and quit. The latter will keep guys by your side.

• if a guy/girl likes you or fall in love with you, you can be sure that they love your inside beauty. and they are serious about you

• Umm as a woman you might get a lot of good support from your friends an family. As a guy your friends will just go and say something like"damn your ugly dude" or something negative haha. And as a woman who's "physically unattractive" (I'm not saying you are btw) you stand a better chance of getting a nice and good guy, because a lot of times the hot/gorgeous/attractive women tend to end up with a doochy kind off guys.
    That's just some of my opinions, but yeah (hope I could help a bit😃)

• A combination of people judging you on your character and the ability to become invisible in public.

Also you can get on with your life while everyone else obsesses over silly things.

• not being hit on constantly by people that only want to f you.

• if someone falls in love with you at least you know its because of who you are as a person

• never gt raped

• People will care less about what you think. Sad but true.

• Naturally more humble and u will see the world with a more realistic view.

• Um there aren't any? LOL

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• People won't use you for getting sex and you are more likely to have friends/partners that are friends with you due to your personality, not looks alone. 😄

• there's a lot, u don't get stalked and killed by people who are obsessed with you. my cousin gets followed home bc her face is gorgeous and she has huge boobs. we once went to the mall together nd took a taxi, the taxi driver flirted with her the whole ride through and she's just staring out the window like
    media4.giphy.com/media/CSvVFLzALdle/200_s.gif

• your lover will like you for who you are, not because of your looks

• u won't be raped?

• People leave u alone.