Anyone else get told they're attractive frequently but feel unattractive?

Has anyone else got the same issue? I hate looking at photos of myself as my face always looks wonky, and my proportions seem really hideous! However, when I go out in public, strangers stop to tell me that I'm attractive or beautiful. I don't get it. I'm pretty sure if they saw what I'm seeing when I look in the mirror they'd not be giving me compliments. Is it that I have much higher standards for myself so I'm much more critical? Or is it that they're seeing something completely different from what I see?

Most Helpful Guy

• sadly, we human beings have this thing called self esteem and it can sometimes make us feel good or really shitty about ourselves. but here's the truth. you never really know unless your a model. some people are going to find you attractive, others not so much. so because of that, i tend to not even think about it. Some girls will like me, others will think im digusting. whatver.

Most Helpful Girl

• Occasionally I'm told I'm pretty or attractive. Usually by family or friends, but I have been told it by random guys before and people I didn't really know.
    However I feel like the ugliest thing ever, I despise my facial features and my body. I feel very unattractive the majority of the time.

What Guys Said 12

• Yeh, people usually tell me i'm good looking guy but i find myself far from that. Probably because you notice the smallest thing about yourself that noone else see.

• Pretty much everyone gets told they're attractive in some way by their relatives. And maybe friends.

• Yeah, I get told that I'm attractive all the time but that's only because they want to get in my pants.

• I'm pretty sure my wife feels this way. Every time I tell her how beautiful she is, she calls me a liar.

• Sort of my family member always tell me how handsome I am but I'm fat and no girl would touch me with a ten foot pole.

• People lie to me anyway.

• Its about your mind sis. You can't look to yourself like other peoples sorry 😆

• I get told it sometimes but I'm FARRRR from aggreing with them.

• 0|0
  • Nah cause i am

• I don't have people telling me I'm good looking, but in the past, I have been approached by a good number of girls. I honestly don't think I'm that good looking but I don't think I'm bad looking either. Sometimes, I look at myself in the mirror and I go, "Damn, I'm not bad looking at all", and some other time I go, "I look like shit right now?"

• No, I don't have that issue.

What Girls Said 8

• I think that happens to a lot of people. I attribute to it happening to me because I was a bullied a lot as a kid and have always just thought I was ugly. When I got older and suddenly everyone considered me beautiful and hot.. I still have trouble seeing it in the mirror.

• That literally explains my life lol. Guys are always telling me I'm beautiful, hot, sexy, etc. and I don't think I'm hideous but i don't think I'm exceptionally beautiful either. I guess every girl has their insecurities, whether they let them show through or not

• I get told the same thing and I normally laugh cause inside I always feel unattractive. I think a lot of us feel unattractive so when we get a compliment its confusing. We are our own worst critics.

• So many people have said I'm beautiful and pretty but I feel ugly in pictures especially selfies.
    It's because you're not used to seeing your face flipped like that in a picture, so your face looks unnatural.

• When strangers stop me to tell me I am attractive I always-- oh wait, that doesn't happen to me. Haha! We are always out own worst critics. If you get stopped on the street you probably have nothing to worry about!

• Me🙆

• Yea it's completely normal

• yeah same here... but when I see something I already have in a store (like a backpack, water bottle, laptop, watch) they will look so boring and ugly but to others who doesn't have it, it looks good. It's because you're so used to your face that you think differently about yourself.