Is it innapropriate to show this much leg on prom? (I personally don't think so because these dresses were found under the category "prom dresses") ?

I am getting my dress tailored. It is being made do that it will look like a drawing I made. I am super excieted!!!
It is so far in the process that we cannot change it, nor I would want to, I am just asking you: "Do you think that showing this much leg on prom is appropriate?" Unlike these dresses here, my dress will have long sleves, so the only visible part of the body will be legs.
It is pretty liberal here, there is no dress code and we are not celebrating on school property, but in a restaurant, and the teachers are not the organisers, but our guests, so they pretty much can't do nothing about us. We are all over 18 and we are grown ups celebrating the best day of our life! We probably can't get kicked out.

But I am just asking you: is this amount of leg appropriate ot not? Plus, do you think that I should remove the detached skirt around my waist and be only in the bodysuit once we hit the club? (The party is in a restaurant with the teachers and then only us, youngstera will go to a club for an afterparty).

Is it innapropriate to show this much leg on prom? (I personally don't think so because these dresses were found under the category

• It is appropriate. And you can take off the skirt for the club.
  • It is appropriate, but don't take the skirt off for the club.
  • It is innapropriate, but you can take the skirt offor the club.
  • It is innapropriate, and don't take the skirt off for the club.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 19

• Fuck them wear what u want to wear like think about it there is no fucken little kids in there so where it godddddd. That's what I hate about highschool sometimes they treat you like a kid. And they oh stop cussing stop cussing for what shit there is no kids fucken around that's a nother reason and the other reason is that we still color in highschool like we're in elementary like give me a break

• It's prom. Who cares? Prom is fun and all, but after prom is all said and done, it's just a distant memory before "real life" starts. But, if you have the legs to show off, why not knock them dead before going off to bigger and better things?

• it's just prom lol

• I saw so many of these at all of my proms, it was pathetic. Keep it elegant and save that shit for the club.

• Does the bodysuit part have a snap crotch so you can pee easier?

• Here the prom's are generally sponsored by the schools, and almost no one is over 18, so a little different.

• I think that's probably a bit much

• it looks inappropriate to me.

• It's only appropriate if you're trying to seduce someone.

• Love the dresses. No, it's not inappropriate

• For a high school prom yea its a bit inappropriate

• It's nice

• you'll look like a hoe

• They do have a dress code. At least my proms did.

• Nobody said anything about it here. Where r u from?

• A few people at both of mine got kicked out. Showing too much cleavage, too short dresses. Some people were even spiking their drinks and bringing drugs on the property.

• Ahhhh lucky what u can where what ever you want

• Forget about legs! Show your tits! :)

• What ever happened the the dresses with the split down one side? They were way sexier than these things

this essentially a one piece bathing suit with a curtain tucked into a belt

• It manages to be both revealing yet ugly.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• come on that's not even a dress, that's a bathing suit with some curtains glued on to it.

Yes, yes it's innapropriate for a prom.
    And I wouldn't wear the bathing suit on it's own anywhere either

• Its not my thing at all. Maybe I'm too old haha I don't know, I'm just not into it, especially with the whole taking the skirt off thing, a bodysuit needs a skirt or something on it for me. But maybe ask if there is a dress code before you go and get it done? Better safe than sorry?

• Then*

And: r u kidding me? U old? U are barely even an adult.

• haha i can count to. I am sorry, but you are young! :P You are barely an adult because it is scientificly proven that people fully mentally develope at 27. I am a kid. Even though I sometimes act like I'm not, I am a kid in every way (exept sexual haha). I was just talking about that today as I was coming back from school with my friend. She said: "Us kids..." and I was like: "What? U consider yourself a kid, too?" She said: "Of course" and then we freaked out how awesome it is and how we were hiding that from each other for a long time... But actually we were feeling like kids and we WERE kids all this time.

R u crazy? When you are 36, imagine what would you want to give to be 26 again. #carpediem #enjoylife #livewhilewereyoung

• I think you're taking what I said far too literally. I just mean this style is a little too young for me. For a 16-18 year old it's cute, not on a 26 year old to me.

• Not because it's inappropraite but I just don't think that would look very good.

• As long as you are aware that a piece of fabric hanging from the back of your dress doesn't make it 'a dress' and it's still the equivalent of a bathing suit, you're making an informed decision.

• I don't think it looks too revealing, it's no worse than something you'd see at a public pool. My thing is... it looks kinda like a lower body cape. But whatever floats your boat!

• I think they're cute but I just think body suits look like baby onesies by theirselves. I've seen prom dresses where it's a short dress with like that tulle skirt tear away, that might look a little better and you wouldn't risk being kicked out or whatever if you're afraid of that