Are gold hoops trashy on a girl (scroll down for poll)?

They're the biggest earrings that I own and I hardly ever wear earrings, and when I do, they're normally studs. I've never worn these hoops because I'm honestly scared about looking "slutty" or "trashy" or "trampy." They come past my jawbone but aren't longer than my chin. I don't wear "trashy" clothes either -- usually black jeans, solid toned shirts (I only wear crop tops maybe once a week, sometimes never, and I never wear leopard print or anything trashy like that -- I would say that I carry myself with self-respect and I don't just give, you know, IT out for free), adidas superstars, and either my denim jacket or my Barbour jacket. I'm a quarter black so I guess that they make me look a bit more "ethnic," but I'm not going to apologise for that.

They're around this size:Are gold hoops trashy on a girl (scroll down for poll)?

They don't look like this:

• Yes
    25% (10)25% (8)25% (18)Vote
  • No
    48% (19)47% (15)47% (34)Vote
  • No, and they make girls look prettierAre gold hoops trashy on a girl (scroll down for poll)?
    22% (9)9% (3)17% (12)Vote
  • Yes, and they make girls unattractive
    5% (2)19% (6)11% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
They DON'T look like the second two pictures -- they're very thin and delicate.

0|0
9|15

Most Helpful Guy

• Some gold loops look trashy, some don't. and sometimes a pair that looks trashy on one person look good on another. they might be my least favorite kind of ear ring, because they are so inconsistent. You never know whether you will look classy or trashy in them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that, at least here, they do carry a stigma of being trashy - especially when paired with a brand like Adidas.

0|0
    0|0
    • they're like all white and very tasteful. try looking up the shoes. they're upwards of 100 dollars. i also usually otherwise wear black booties (chelsea boots) with a small heel that are very good shoes and were really expensive. i'm not a trashy girl, i don't show my boobs and my ass all the time and i carry myself with respect.

• Show All
    • well i live in new york city and i spent all summer in paris, which are basically the capitals of fashion, and white adidas are trendy and classy. just look at this link and tell me that they're trashy: picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/...-nude-beige-amazi.jpg

• I am not saying my personal opinion of them. I am just saying that around here, they would be considered low class.

What Guys Said 14

• I think they look silly, especially the ones Rihanna is wearing.
    Whenever I look at them I kinda cringe after imagining what it would be like if they got caught on something or if someone pulled on them >.<

0|0
    0|0
  • I really like them (the first four pictures). I don't think they have a slutty or trashy meaning. The ones in the last two pictures are ugly to me. Too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2,3, and 4th pic are just fine. The rest are trashy/too much.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can be trashy if worn with cleavage, short shorts, fishnet stockings, and stilleto pumps.

They can be elegant if worn with a tasteful, modest, and formal dress.

It all depends on the context.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its fine, they're just like Latina vatos locos style, which is probably why they have that 'slutty' connotation attached to it. But they look good

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok that last one, just no. if they rest on your shoulders its too much. Does look unattractive to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl and how she's dressed, if she's dressed classy then they look fine but if you dress like a ghetto thot than not so much lol I imagine you don't look like a ghetto thot though

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly i associate them with hookers. But just my personal exoerience.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, what's trashy on a girl is her number of sex partners. YUCK!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Personaly i dont like them very much.

0|0
    0|0
  • DOESN'T TAYLOR SWIFT HAVE ENUF MONEY AS IT IS.
    -_-

0|0
    0|0
  • They are pretty.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like earrings on a girl at all. Or anything for that matter. No tattoos, piercings or anything like that. Maybe my name just above her pubic bone though. And a tattooed wedding ring on our fingers instead of normal bands.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think they look hot! lol rihanna

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• hoops earrings are fine! i like to wear them

0|0
    0|0
  • lmaooo f anyone who thinks they're trashy, i love them; especially with sleek high ponytails. wear them! they're cute and who cares what people think, they can stick their stereotypes on u if they want but it doesn't mean they're true

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they're necessarily trashy but very few people can pull them off. Girls 2, 4 and Jessica Alba look good with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry and maybe I'm wrong, but hoops aren't really in at the moment. Two years ago, fine, but now? Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vote D = Subject to the girl + what she is wearing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never liked them tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol not very

0|0
    0|0
  • I like Rihanna, but... her's are a little much. Haha!

0|0
    0|0