Why can't I get a date?

So I can get into the friendzone with a lot of women. However, I can never get to the next stage - the date zone.
I see people all the time go on dates and some do it several times a week with different people.
I can't even get a woman to see me that way.

Am I that repulsive? I don't think I'm good looking in anyway. But I carry myself with confidence and don't project that feeling.
Why can't I get a date?

Okay the third one, I'm tired, drowsy eyes.

I am only 22. But people say I look 50. Do you think women don't want to date me for that reason because their first impression of me is that I'm 40-50 years old?

Should I only date women who are 40-50 years old?

I don't want to ask for a rate... But, maybe this time.

I just need some advice, because nothing I do works.
I kind of feel like I need to change my personality.
Maybe I should be bad...

Anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you're being put in the 'friend zone' by women, or having them not reciprocate interest, because you may come off a bit insecure.

A large part of your write-up is giving random potential reasons why women may not be interested. You supposedly look 40-50 years old? Drowsy eyes?
    ... what?

Dude. Rather than looking for why women are not interested, why don't you just dedicate your time/energy towards working on improving yourself as a person. Find some hobbies, chat with more people. I guarantee that women will generally find a guy who's sociable and at ease around friends to be more attractive than one who analyzes their appeal down to putting 'drowsy eyes' as the main culprit.

• I do! Haha I wakeboard, water ski, soccer, rugby, hike, bike, kayake, gym. I'm going for Network Engineering. I'm sociable with friends.

I invest a lot of time into hobbies like that stuff. But lately, I just want to date someone I like.

• No, because they aren't interested in me that way.

If their they don't reciprocate the same feelings it won't work and it will most likely end the friendship.

I tell them nice things, "like I think you have pretty eyes and a beautiful smile". That type of stuff. That's normal though.

• hm okay. Sounds like a lot of bad luck, in that case.

Most Helpful Guy

• you're a good looking guy. Despite the comments I believe your hair is fine. You got a cool style so I'm not quite sure why you're being friend zoned perhaps it's how you come off to women.
    Think about it like this... If you see a woman and she's dressed in a purple Dora outfit, with flowers in her hair but she's around your age but the only problem is she's really immature and childish chances are you may not be attracted to her or maybe you might be... point is, people have preferences we all have a type whether we like to admit it or not and you just might not be the type of guy for these women you're meeting but they like you enough to want you to be their friend.
    What I want you to do is follow your dreams, pursue your passion so you can enjoy life doing what you love to do and then you will attract that special woman who's got that same passion or interests as you. Good luck.

• by the way you don't look like your 50. If your baldness bothers you start consuming Pumpkin Seed Oil.
      Harvard university conducted a study in which they had participants consume pumpkin seed oil for a number of weeks only to find out their hair was growing back. Other studies reported the same thing just thought I'd tell ya that.

What Girls Said 11

• Actually, you're not bad looking. You're main con is your hair. I can't offer advice about that (except maybe hair pills), but you've got a nice build and face. In fact, first thought I got about you was you're probably a really funny guy and the clown of the group. Just the feel I got from your face. Hope I said something reassuring there :)

• You can't get a date because you're too quick to judge. But why take my opinion seriously? After all, I'm a raging sexist. 😘

• no no , don't listen to people , i truly fell that you are a nice guy , you're handsome with good features...

• You look fine to me :) . I think you'd look pretty good bald, and that's not something you can say to a lot of people. You look like my brother and he's bald but it honestly made him look younger. ^_^

• Your receding hairline makes you look much older. I think you'd be better off just shaving your head bald. The facial hair looks good on you though. You're certainly not unattractive. You have a nice face. In the photo with the hat on, and the one above it, you're rather cute.

• So you think my hair is the reason I can't get a date?

• I don't care much for stigmas.

• Unfortunately though society does. You have to play by the rules to get what you want sometimes. That's why I need to change myself. Because what I'm doing, is not working.

• "i always laugh at couples when the man is better dressed than the woman."

You are pretty sexist.

• How is that sexist?

• You can't see how that was sexist? Does being dumb come natural for you?

• You do realize that most men don't dress for themselves, some do. I'm confident to say men dress to impress.

However, it used to be that way too with women. Not saying it isn't anymore, but it's obvious it's at a steady decrease while the men's is at an increase.

The reason I think this happens is because, today, there is a rise of the independent woman. Meaning, women don't need to impress the man anymore to get him because she has 30 other men fighting for her in her current state.

Why is it there are literally no ugly male models? Or fat male models? Excuse me, there was one and he was hardly over weight, yet was classified as a plus size model...

You don't see any adds with plus sized men saying "big is beautiful". No, ugly men are shamed into nonexistence, while ugly women are having their egos lifted by every forklift...

• Don't listen to what other people say. You are who you are with your own personality, that's the way, so people should deal with reality. You look like you are 27, maximum 32, but NOT 50 or 40. You do look good and I like your style. I think you just need more confident. You are unique and that's what is making you a great guy. I like that you don't act or dress like others just to get attention. :) Keep that up and have a great day! :)

• Hahaha thank you :)
      I wonder if I shave my head I will look younger.
      See, I don't want to date a 27+ year old. That's too old for me.
      From what I see, a lot of women want to date a guy who looks their age

• "I wonder if I shave my head I will look younger. " I totally disagree. I look older than my age as well and I know how you feel. Ever since I was 12, people thought I was 18. I am 15 now and most people I know, think that I am 18, 19, or 20. I am too tall to be 15 and my body gave it's shape since I was 13. Yes it's hard, but you've got to deal. When I was 13, I dated a 17-year-old. Age dosn't matter as long as you love that person.

• You're definitely not repulsive, there are plenty of women out there who will be willing to date you. Maybe it's your technique? Be honest, open and confident when dealing with women.

• I think that's a back handed compliment... "Well, you're not repulsive... So you've got that going for you"

• one question: have you ever ask them out?

• No because I ask my other friends what they think and they always say "she told me she not interested in you." Or "you're not her type".

I don't want to ruin the friendship by showing her my feelings. I like as much information as possible before hand.

• oh, that's sad. Why don't you go out, like , go to bars and flir with girls?

• Because I don't want a shallow relationship...

• I think you're pretty cute

• my boyfriend has a handsome face like yours, but his hair is also very few from the front, so he mostly puts on a cap he has many one, and they make him look so sexy, he also uses headbands, and ice caps. i love him in both ways, but i can't lie, he looks better with one on, so maybe try to wear a cap more often,, but you body is nice, and you have nice nose,, just wear some funky caps on, you will look much younger

What Guys Said 11

• Try being more flirty with your female freinds that you might want to date in the future. Honestly bro I'm not really sure. I just really messed up with one of my female freinds so I'm probably not the one to ask. However I will give my opinoin. Keep trying eventually you will find the right gal for you.

• That's the thing. My friend I really like. But my other friend said she isn't interested in me. So I don't want to sacrifice my friendship for my feelings. I'd rather be friends then nothing

• O it was one of those moments. Yeah sorry but you have to move on sadly. Just remember don't try to suppress it to much otherwise it will take longer to go away.

• Good luck hunting man.

• I have the same problem if you've never had a date. I've tried asking girls out too and approach them. I don't even have girls that are friends, at least you do you should ask them for advice or step up and ask one out, if she says no you could still stay friends at least. It's funny I'm older than you but look younger, guess we have opposite body issues. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1987147-girls-would-you-date-me

• I acultually had a crush on my one friend... She just told me she is bi.

My first friend I asked walked up to her and asked her to help me with homework. She was excited and even gave me her number. I was so excited! Never felt happier... Till she told me she was married...

I sure know how to pick them... Gay or married.

• Every girl that talks to me is always engaged but yet never had a ring on, which is exactly why they talked they knew I'm only a friend and can't ask them out, but then we don't end up talking and drop contact. It's really cruel behavior.

• You're average looking and it probably has something to do with the way that ya dress man.

• What's wrong with the way I dress?
      I always laugh at couples when the man is better dressed than the woman. Society is ass backwards these days.
      Woman: wears sweatpants and baggy shirt outside to go shopping
      Man: wears loafers, neatly trimmed, fitted jacket, and a nice tie.

When did women have to stop caring how they look and men have to start dressing up and spending uber amounts of money on expensive clothes just to attract a woman?

• hahaha yeah I usually dress better than that 😂
      I usually just don't take lots of selfies, so I used what I had

• Beasting!

• Oh, get off it. You're not a bad looking dude, but your attitude sucks.

I'm an aging, overweight nerdy computer guy with seriously questionable fashion sense. I also have absolutely no problem getting dates with women. That's because I own my insecurities and I don't give a shit what anybody else thinks about it. If somebody (woman or man) has a problem with that, they can GTFO.

You seriously need to just be upfront about what you want. If you want to date a woman, tell her. Period. It's really just that simple. If you "ruin a friendship" over it, then she was a shit friend in the first place.

Oh, and stop blaming "modern women" for your problems. Let women worry about women, and you worry about yourself. It doesn't have anything to do with you.

• first off, you don't look 50. you look like ur in your 20s.
    second, your not a bad looking guy.
    third, always be yourself-dont change who you are or pretend to be someone or something your not. women want to see you be you, not you pretend to be something your not.

• You're balding. That's a huge turn off and even a deal breaker for most women. Especially for younger girls.

• So a woman wouldn't date a man just because of his hair? Damn... And they call us shallow. Well, I'll shave her all off

• It's because lack of hair is unattractive to a lot of women. You should try to get buff though. Girls love buff bald guys.

• "I always laugh at couples when the man is better dressed than the woman. Society is ass backwards these days. "

They laugh back at you. Society is not backwards, you just can't accept change and get with the times.

• no hate dog but those glasses an that making just that gap had me giggling like a cheerleader high as fuck watching sponge bob

i.gyazo.com/5b6d795eea6821d8c85718a643cf836e.png

• but dog you look more like 30's if your into older women find a girl in her 30's

• if you think that shit was bad you should of seen my aunts glasses when i was 5 she would take em off an look at them through the front an her eyes looks like fuckin bowling balls

• go bald man an grow a beard man

• I think you're fine. Maybe completely go bald. I had a friend who had lost his hair fairly young and he took my advice and ran with the idea of going bald. Now he looks good. Just a thought though

• The first thing that poped into my mind was "heyy! Vsause, Michael here"

• All those feminazis out there talking about objectification of women. Unfortunately nobody talks about objectification of men. In today's world, men just like women are expected to meet certain standards to be considered as "dateable". I'd suggest you get a makeover.. starting with a new pair of glasses. Then maybe shave your beard and start working out! And a better wardrobe would be nice!

• I do all of those everyday and they are new glasses

• I am actually really confident. I'm just not sexually aggressive... I don't force my sexuallity on women and tell them I want to fuck them... Probably out of 20 or so friends, I think 18 are women or maybe more...

I actually don't trust guy friends anymore. So it's not like I just try to befriend women to get with them. Like maybe 2 I have actually tried to pursue out of my friends...

• Thats okay! But I do think U need to show women that you are confident.. and u have a better dressing sense. Work on that and hopefully you'll get a date pretty soon. Good Luck!!