Is there really someone for everybody in the world?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? No.

There is a certain proportion of the population that any given individual is compatible with in terms of personality, values, beliefs and interests. Of those people, you'll meet a handful of them throughout your life and some of them there will be sexual attraction and others there won't be. Some will become close friends, some might be your family, some might become a romantic partner. There is not one single person out there who was made specially for you. That's just silly. We choose our partners, they're not predetermined for us.

What Girls Said 28

• I think so. I don't agree that there's ONE someone for someone in the world, that just mathematically and logically doesn't make any sense, but I do believe that everyone will find someone eventually. I think people are compatible with multiple other people.

• I dont c it that way. Not everyone is looking to be with someone, and that should be respected.

• To be correct there's actually multiple people for everyone in the world!
    If you're open you'll find one of them.

• probably if you think about it, there's bound to be at least one person out there for you. but if everyone else was also paired up then that would leave some leftover people who have no one.

• hmmmm yeah i think so

• I think people say that to make people feel better but I do not think it is true

• Yes because no girls want to be with 50 percent of guys who are too bad for their tastes.

• The ratio between men and women is 1-1, so?

• There like what 7.125 billion people in this earth how can there not be at least one who's somebody for u!

• I like to think so

• I think so. Everyone has someone for them and they will eventually meet one day <3 I believe in that haha

• Yes ^_^

• I don't believe in someone for everybody. I think there is more than one. But we choose with who we want to be with. With our free will.

• Yes. Its the matter of waiting and being patient.

• Yeah, you just need to know where to look.

• Yes, I think there are multiple people for each of us.

• yes sure!

• Absolutely I see it everyday.

• Intriguing question. Well I don't know, maybe not everyone would get one.

• I hope so...

• Yeah i think so.

• Depends what you mean by 'someone'. Like, some people are asexual aromantic so obviously there won't be sexual and romantic partners for them. But there are still people who could potentially have close and loving friendships with them.. I think there's potential for everyone to find the kind of relationship they want, I do believe that. But I don't believe in 'the one', there's a number of people who you could have a perfect relationship depending on a bunch of factors

• No. Why there should be?

• Soem people stay single for the rest of their lives so , no.

• No, of course not

• I don't think so.

• yes the best version of our selves that attraction a mirored version of ourselves

• There is someone for everybody but you are not guaranteed to meet them. Some people find them some people don't but there is someone. Don't worry I never found mine either.

• Yeah, but it's unlikely you'd find em.

What Guys Said 52

• https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8u1quKXWd48/hqdefault.jpg

Indisputable proof of that fact.

• Well, no, because there is not a 1:1 ratio of males to females. I say that because I don't think even if we considered alternative / different / varied / whatever sexualities there isn't really a sound ratio for any given group whether it be the overabundant heterosexual or the elusive asexual.

• there are a lot of different types of people in the world, so the chances are yeah.

the problem is most people don't meet enough people to reach that person, and some people get so lucky to find that person on first draw.

• Not "one". There's lots of people who somebody could make something work with if they tried. I believe it was Dean Martin who sang the line "so find yourself somebody to love".

There are folks who get along, and folks who don't. There certainly isn't a perfect soulmate just waiting to be found, but I'm sure there's *someone* somewhere for just about everyone.

• Depends on how you mean it. Statistically, it's like 48-52 or 49-51 ratio of females to males. So, technically yes. If you mean in the modern Western romanticist sense, then I'd probably say no.

• Louie CK sums it up at 2:30 into this https://youtu.be/Teu34i1eVZU?t=2m30s

• No. Some of you are going to die alone, sorry

• I think it's relative. Everyone has people who could be described as their 'soulmate', everyone actually has a lot of them, it's just that they don't meet the vast, vast majority of them. In addition, even 'soulmate' is relative, you may meet a person who you feel is your 'soulmate' but there are in reality likely thousands of people who could be a better match for you and there are also thousands who are on his/her level or near it.

• There is, but not everyone is looking to be with someone, so but there is someone out there for everyone, if they are looking to be with someone.

• Yes thats what they say. Its a tough search to find though

• 102 men per 100 women in the world

Then calculate the number of gay couples and there effect on that pool...
    Then calculate the number of multiples and there effect on that pool...

I'm not about to do the math... but I'm fairly certain someones getting screwed...

• I highly doubt it. Maybe people that will fit with your personality but I don't think that one specifically will be JUST for you. I'm having a hard time believing that there's only one specially for all of us. But there's multiple people that could be a good match for us

• I don't think that is true.

• Not everyboty. Most people could make a happy partnership with many others. Some people will be unhappy no matter who they are with, and they will make their partners unhappy too.

• Not at all. There is no logic behind it. If A is mean't for B but marries C then what happens to B? If B marries D, what happens to the person D was supposed marry.
    The idea of "soulmate" is really just a fairy tale and should be left there.
    There are many ideal people for you. People that will be good to you and you can love. But you have to make the effort to find them and the choice of marrying them.

• Nope. Almost every population is very disproportionate.

• I genuninaly don't know. With many dating apps such as tinder people seem to get a connection that'll last nothing, very hollow. Everyone is busy or pretending to be. There's many lonely people in a time when we're all connected in a way. But good news, people somehow Marry everyday. Somehow people find what there looking for, that's all credited to God who gives when we ask

• I believe there is, but for someone that has never been in a relationship, or has been single for a long time, some think that they aren't capable enough to have a partner.

• yes, more than 1

• Yes, you just have to keep the faith and keep searching. Oftentimes you'll stumble into that person when you least expect it.

• My answer to that question would be in the negative.

• I believe so. The problem is the world is a very big place so you may never find them.

• Nope, or else we wouldn't have older virgins struggling to find someone

• Well if you're looking coz some people aren't interested in relationships

• nope.

• Yeah but maybe we all don't get lucky and find them now maybe we will find that special someone when we're older or now who knows

• Stupid question.
    Of course not.

• Absolutely even if its just for the night aha

• Some people even Jesus doesn't like...

• There isn't just 'one.' But there are thousands of 'ones' out there for everybody

• More from Guys
    22