I've just had braces fitted and I hate them, be honest, do they look horrible?

I feel like I've been punched in the teeth and I can't even close my mouth or eat properly :/ Also whenever I eat or speak it forces my jaw forward. I've just had braces fitted and I hate them, be honest, do they look horrible?

Most Helpful Guy

• you'll be thanking yourself and your parents 2-4 years from now. trust me

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahahahaha, they look funny! hahah lmaooooo ahhaa sorry! haha But i think that has more to do with HOW YOU are putting your face than the braces itself.

It's okay, we all look like bracefaces at some point. Be glad you'll have nice teeth in the long run and they are not so bad.. You are just not used to seeing them on you. Yoou'll be fine by next week. relax ;-)

What Guys Said 14

• They look good and you'll have some awesome straight teeth when done. Another side benefit to having braces is that you will develop plump lips that guys will adore. Think of the braces like a gift under development, the end result will be fabulous and you'll see that it was worth it.

• U look good. I hated mine as well. Never really got used to them since you have to readjust them every once in a while. Got rid of the suckers before i finished. Hated them. Had to argue with mom fir quite a bit about it but was worth it! Id have crooked teeth rather than go through that shit again!

• Stay away from Cheetos and gum. I have one year left on my 2 year brace plan. My teeth look almost perfect to me now it's crazy. Good luck it's worth it.

• You look fine. Geez. Like everyone said, it's an investment in your future. In a couple years you will be soooo happy you put up with them. Some of the best things in life come with a price to pay. This is one of them. And anyone who is immature enough to give you crap about your braces can go screw themselves. They aren't worth your time anyway. Keep your head up and stand proud!! 👍

• They always look horrid at first, but once they start to straighten out, they start to look way better.

• Lol they kinda do OP

• dont worry about the look.

• You are pretty enough to get away with the metal mouth.
    And it will all be worth it when those braces come off :)

• They'll hurt for a few days, and again when they get tightened, but you'll get through it.

• I already had them tightened once and it was excruciating, plus that was when they put the bands on :/

• Yeah, they do. But hey , once they are gone you will be really pretty and have perfect teeth

• It doesn't look horrible at all don't worry it will be worth it in the end

• Yes, they do indeed look horrible, HOWEVER! There is nothing you can do about that now, and it'll definitely pay off in the end!!!

• Nah you are fine good looking.

• I'm not sure if you were aware of this, the goal of braces is not actually to look good, they're not tooth jewelry.

The goal is to look good in a couple years when they're off :p

Anyway they just look like normal braces, not that big a deal.

What Girls Said 5

• Lol braces always look horrible..

• Braces are adorable! Hope it heals fast hun.

• Aww, they look good. You'll be very happy in the end

• I'm not gonna lie they do look bad, but they won't be there forever and then you'll have super pretty teeth😁

• that's really ugly