How do you know if you're above average looking?

Title says it all, how do you know if you're considered above average or even hot in your looks? Without people telling you so.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is very, very difficult to know and depends on what you see as average (the average of your social/socioeconomic circle, your local area, or your entire country?)

You sort of know when people you find average and above average are looking at you/flirting with you/dating you sometimes (it helps if you don't like/know their personality so you know they're actually looking at you and it's not just wishful thinking on your part). Also maybe opposite-gender friends start flirting with you (more than with other friends) when they drink alcohol.

Most Helpful Girl

• It completely depends where you live.
    I know I am not average looking in the UK because I am half italian and half japanese. I also happen to keep myself in shape in an unhealthy western country. I get stared at a lot and called beautiful by many strangers in the streets. I am one of the beauty ideals over here.

But when I went to California; yes I got hit on but there wasn't the same admiration because they are used to girls like me. I didn't stand out at all and it was refreshing. I felt more comfortable going on a run and shopping by myself.

Its all about context.

What Guys Said 12

• When I look in mirror, I see one big jacked athletic dude looking back at me OP and we both mirin each other for 5 mins and then I pick him up as I pick him up too and start making out

• look at others around you and at your picture or mirror image. this way you know. donĀ“t compare to media people.

• There is no one person that everyone thinks is good looking. Let's say 5 people come up to you and one says you are beautiful, one says you are ugly, one says you are pretty but could be better, one says you are average and one says you are okay looking. It depends on how you perceive yourself to be.

• If you get 35+ likes on your selfie without having to use hashtags.

• people will tell you but they will also lie. If you get a lot of super attractive people wanted to get you then you're good looking

• Do you get checked out often? If so, then I am pretty sure you are above average.

• welp know I know I'm way below average for sure

• how do you expect to know something without others validation?

• People will treat you differently

• When you enter the room and everyone notice you and come to approach you

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• Do you get checked out on a daily basis?
    Do people just randomly tell you that you're attractive/good looking/beautiful/etc?
    Do you like what you see in the mirror? (mirrors are more accurate than pictures or videos)

• When you're a guy no one is going to just tell you you're attractive, even if they think you're hotter than Ryan Gosling, except when they're drunk, or sometimes they might compliment some small thing about your appearance (like your hair) in a playful manner.

• @JohnDoe3000
      It still counts.
      But I figured she asked in a girl's perspective, where this is true.

• you can t really know without the feedback from your surroundings.
    it s almost always based on that: how much attention you get, compliments, get hit on etc...

• When people worship the ground you walk on.

• I'm trying to figure this out myself...

• I can't tell on my own, I need someone to tell me this