Guys, I have a weird question about attraction?

So, my face and body is not really up to today's standard of beautiful (not even close actually). I'm probably what someone would call "average" or maybe even "ugly". Anyway, I was wondering since I'm not very attractive if my boyfriend is automatically attracted to most other people-- because if he is attracted to me, he must have a pretty broad range, right?

I know this is a weird random question, but I am curious.

I hope what I'm asking makes sense.

8

Most Helpful Guy

• Attraction is a weird thing. There's a lot of different variables that determines attraction. How similar two people are, how different, how close (physical distance) are all things that comes into play when talking about attraction. Even one's biological immune system are involved, which is why we tend to find people who have complementary immune system of our own to "smell good" i. e. pheromones. Of course looks is also a factor, and in general people like symmetry and certain body proportions. But the key thing is that there are lot of reasons someone can find another person attractive, and it doesn't always have to be because that person looks great. So just because you think someone is more "beautiful" than yourself does not mean your boyfriend will find them attractive.

At the end of the day here's the deal. I know a lot of people, guys, who are in relationships and even the happiest of them will be attracted to someone who is not their girlfriend. It's normal. As the girlfriend, you have to have at least that amount of trust in your guy otherwise you probably shouldn't be in a relationship with him to begin with. One of my closest female friend told me this and it does not get any closer to the truth: her guy can build up his appetite outside all he wants, as long as he eats with her there's no problem.

What Guys Said 7

• We can't ever "turn off" attraction to others. But we still like who we look for more than just physical attraction.
    In other words, yes, he's attracted to other girls, but he doesn't care, and neither should you.

• Ummm, no. If your boyfriend is into you, he probably doesn't see other girls in the same vein. He might find this girl or that girl attractive, but there is a difference between being attracted to someone and finding them attractive if that makes sense? Point is, he likes you, so I wouldn't worry.

• I'm going to try and answer this as best as I can lol because it's a weird question that request a weird answer. Now girls that range is your level of attractiveness can catch the eye of your man and he'll probably check them out BUT do to your unique qualities that make him attrachted to you, he knows that you are more than a eye catcher. Does that make sense? I really hope it does lol

• You must have some attraction that's attracted him to you

• Lol, I know. I'm just wondering if you guys think his attraction to me makes his range of attraction broad.

• Because I see what is considered "beautiful" by (most) people and I am no where near that "standard".

• But does not mean your ugly your boyfriend will probably think your the most beautiful in the world and I am sure it not just looks he will like your personality as well

• he must be attracted to your inside beauty i guess

• Start making changes to increase your confidence.

• I'm not terribly worried if his range of attraction is broad, it was just a weird concept I thought of.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more