Girls, I've asked this before, but didn't include pics: how bad are my teeth in appearance and should I avoid smiling?

The current physical appearance of my teeth has made me %100 isolated and asocial. I haven't had a single friend since 6th grade which was 15 years ago. When I was homeless between the age of 17 to 21 i lost 2 of my front teeth and it would cost a fortune to fix them.

So are my teeth horrible enough to just never smile again to women, people or anyone in public.

I blocked pics of my forehead and hair because of the acne scars and I don't like my hair style either.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh honey. I'm not gonna sugar-coat it for you. Yeah your teeth seem to be in a pretty bad condition. I know it would be a turn off for a lot of girls. You can always try saving up some money to fix them. It's up to you, just know that nice teeth would make you a lot more attractive. It doesn't mean you shouldn't smile though. It's your life, if you can find things to smile about then go ahead :] Who cares what others think at the end of the day? It could cause problems only when it comes to dating.

• A dental extraction is $300 for each tooth with proper insurance. And dental insurance doesn't cover implants which can cost between $1,000 and $2,000. And of course it matters what others think of me at the end of the day because it lowered myself esteem even further..

• I never asked you to say my teeth were fine. I just asked if it was a permanent deal breaker. Which it obviously is because I'll have to deal with ignorant women like you constantly saying how easy it should be to just save up and get it fixed.

And you are a liar because it's not up to me. It's up to society, because apparently the teeth are judged much more harshly than acne or being fat.

• I can't even anymore.. You're a lost cause.

What Girls Said 3

• Well I'm sorry you've felt that way, but know that self-regard is far more important than any aspect of appearance. I think you're a decent looking guy. And why would a self-respecting man want to interact with anyone who would negatively judge another human being based on their physical appearance? (Protip: No self-respecting man would. So work on the self-respect.)

The "I'm so ugly I can't show myself or have friends" is, in and of itself, a dealbreaker for basically anyone. So don't do or think that anymore. Respect and love yourself. Over time if you want you can make cosmetic improvements, but those improvements will be utterly meaningless to genuine friends who appreciate you for who you are.

Are genuine, caring people like that rare? Yeah. Is anybody else worth your time or attention? Nope.

• So what you're saying is I should cheer up because a magical unicorn of a human being exists who won't be disgusted by my physical appearance? And hey while I'm at it I should look forward to Santa Claus bringing me a free dental implant card for Christmas.

• No, that has no overlap with what I said, and if you looked around at successful couples, you'd see that imperfections are no dealbreaker. Immature, uninformed attitudes and self-loathing, however, are guaranteed to repel. Where you go from here and how you behave and approach the world are entirely your choice. See you around.

• you should smile and laugh if you're having a good time, i swear all smiles are beautiful but it's true that for a lot of girls they would be a turn off so maybe you should try to save some money and fix them but that's only if you want to be socially accepted, if not u can be happy with yourself and what you have

• Well obviously if I could save up the money I would have done that. I'm not stupid.

• To avoid being laughed at or insulted yes, I should avoid smiling. You don't even know what you're talking about at all. It's like talking to a brick wall with you.

• lmao I have read other peoples responses and i dont know why you asked this question because you get too offended easily lol. we are not here to tell u what you want to hear we are telling the true.
      if you need people to like you to be happy you have a problem budy

• Aww I feel bad for you. Dang I don't want to say don't smile because everybody deserves to be able to smile wholeheartedly but maybe try to get it fixed somehow?

• Everybody on here please stop saying "get it fixed somehow". You say it like I haven't tried it already.