Can your brain mess with you when you watch in the mirror?

For example you are thin but when looking in the mirror you see yourself fat? Is that possible?

Cause in mirrors I see my head is really wide, but when making a video, I see my head is normal wel at least not that huge that on a mirror

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes absolutely, I have a disorder called body dysmorphia that causes that and judging by your description you might have that or something similar as well?

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• Oh yeah, I notice huge differences between looking at myself in the mirror and in photos or videos. I think also sometimes we ser what we want to see and other times what wr dont want to see and exagerate. For years I always thought my nose for example was an alright size not too big or too small but taking photos I ser my nose is huge! The mind can play tricks as well as cameras and mirrors.

• Yes it is possible see anorexia..

• i hope so because i want a flatter stomach

• Yes, its called body dismorphic disorder. I have it and its hell

• I don't know if I got it. When I look at my mirrors home my head isn't that big, but when looking into other mirrors I see my head is really big. But when making a video of myself I see it's pretty normal

What Guys Said 5

• Yes it can. What you think is sometimes what you see. But you may look different to others because they are not thinking the way you are.

• Mirrors aren't perfectly made straight and flat.. Example, the house im living at right now has a mirror but slightly curved outwards and distorts the image. It makes a fatter version of you.. You wouldn't really notice at first but as you move up and down the distortion is evident.. Similarly a slight curved inward mirror or a longer height but shorter width mirror makes a thinner image.

I suppose the only way it can mess with your brain is if it fails to realize that.

• *Looks in mirror*

Brain: "Hey good looking."

kambo: "Oh stop it you, you're such a tease."

• The human brain makes errors all the time.

• yes of the mirror is distorted or the camera isn't set up or adjusted properly.