How is my weight loss going?

today i ate 1,200 calories and i am depressed about it.
i was not supposed to eat more than 800 calories but now i'm going to get fat.
i want to keep losing weight , I've already lost 20lbs in 2 months.
how is my weight loss going?

I WANT THIS BODY SO BAD!!! i just want to be super skinny so i can finally make my a***hole family members jealous, they will regret telling me im too chubby. 185 and 5ft7

i want a thigh gap and my ribs to show a bit, plus a super tiny stomach.
goal:115

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't get fat from eating too much on one day. You get fat from eating too much on many days.

What Guys Said 21

• you need to eat, and NOT BURN, 3500 calories, to gain one pound.
    You can eat 12,000 calories a day, and not get fat, if you are active enough to burn them all.
    What is more, eating under 1,200 calories a day, you risk your body falling into starvation mode, where it will not only fight losing weight, it will also try to turn everything you eat into body fat, because it thinks it is wasting away.

The average person can eat around 2,000 calories a day, because they burn about 2,000 calories a day. If you eat 1,200 a day, and burn 2000 a day, you will lose weight. But if you only eat 800 a day, your body will eventually freak the fuck out.

You will lose more weight, and in a healthier way, if you ate 1400 to 1600 calories a day, and just added an hour of very minor exercise (like walking).

• You are doing everything wrong. Eating too little amount of calories, wanting to do it to make others jealous, wanting your ribs to show some, wanting a thigh gap. I know people who are on the thin side and do not have a thigh gap. You may end up with anorexia nervousa, bulimia nervousa, binge eating disorder. You could end up with too low amount of potassium, fiber, protein, vitamin A, B Vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, magnesium, zinc, iron etc. Your sleep could be effected. Friends might want to do things with you but you could possibly not be able to because of what you are doing to your body. You could end up with physical, mental and or emotional problems. I suggest you clean eat and exercise/workout in a healthy way and healthy amount.

• you wanna be healthy and skinny?

educate yourself on proper nutrition and how to lose weight the healthy way.

it fucking makes WORLDS difference. trust bro.

• Lmaooo. Strong mind is actually most biggest thing you need working out to yoir goal bexause you ain't gonna get there in a week. Rome wasn't build in day OP, Increase those 1.2k cals or you gonna train to look like starving kids from africa and that is even if you keep it to 1.2 k cals till 115 which I'm pretty sure u won't

• im going to the 5 bite diet instead.
      i started off with 500 calories with coffee to speed up my metabolism.
      yes i want to be really tiny. my original weight was 206

• @Polocrew hmm okay good to know haha i guess i didn't think about that. whenever I'm trying to lose weight i try to eat 1200, but i guess thats not a good thing

• @06CuriousMind not really lol unless you wanna end up looking like starving kids from africa ha. Join bodybuilding forums, they will guide you pretty good lol add me too, chickmagnet69 bahahahahaa

• First thing, you will lose weight at 1200 calories, second 800 is unheathy an you will be even fatter down the road from it because your body will get use to 800, when you get sick which you will and ned to eat healthy you will gain back even more then you lost. Also who wants to look like her? Blah

• No no no. Do not eat less than 1200 calorie. Your body goes into starvation mode! You need to eat more. I recommend you see a dietician or some sort of weightloss program.

• Why would you want to look like that anorexic psychopath anyway? Don't yiu ever want a boyfriend? Stay the way you are and for duck sake eat properly!

• According to the St. Mifflin-Jeor Calculator, you should eat approximately 1,200 calories a day to lose 2 lbs a week. 800 is a bit extreme. Stick with 1,200. Also, start Stronglifts 5x5.

• Good luck. Hope you achieve what you strive for.

• your body looks good to me

• Paris Hilton is like Kansas: flat and easy to get in to. You don't want to be like her.

• Your body is better than Paris Hilton's body. Dont shame. A lot of person will like your body when u lose 7-8 pounds

• I really hope you're just joking about looking like Paris, she looks sickly. You're beautiful

• 1200 calories is still pretty low i bet its still low enough to lose weight..
    Exercise helps a lot as well

• You want skeleton body?

• Yuk too skinny

• you do not look too bad but good luck with that weight loss anyway.

• Nearly there

• Great height. Am jealous.

• how tall are you

• 5 feet2 and guess what I have hairy chest to add to the icky factor

• Damn you're fat

• thanks for motivation, i'm not being sarcastic at all.
      do you have any tips for me?

• Exercise

• Paris hilton's body doesn't seem good

What Girls Said 6

• Love yourself first, getting in shape starts with getting your mentality in shape. Stop paying attention to calories and scales, instead, go take a dance class, go rock climbing with friends, laser tag, ice skating, just do things you actually enjoy. It reduces cortisol, a stress hormone that promotes weight gain. Eat three normal meals a day, make sure you get the vitamins your body needs to function. This is very important, think about vitamins as the spark that gets your metabolism going. Finally, only weigh yourself once a week. This is very important. I used to obsess over the scale, every tiny fluctuation would send me into an emotional breakdown. This isn't sustainable, and stresses you out for no reason. The less you pay attention to the weight, the easier it is to lose it. Also if you are going to work out, skip push-ups and sit-ups, instead, focus on butt muscles, thigh muscles, and back muscles. These muscles are very large, so it's more efficient to focus on those if losing weight is you goal.
    Understand that the harder you force your body to lose weight, the more resistant it is to weight-loss. You have to sorta persuade your body to establish a new homeostasic body weight. So no negativity or starvation. I went from 125 to 105 with this method, it's been 7 months, and I haven't gained any of it back, I don't even go to the gym and I always eat my fill. Best results I've ever had, but it takes time. at least you won't have to worry about the weight coming back.

• Aspiring to look like Paris Hilton is never a good idea, OP.
    And if you keep starting yourself, you're just gonna binge and pig out later. Eat normally and healthy and exercise.

• At 5 ft 7 you should not have a goal of 115. I'd say 130 is good. You have awesome dedication though. 1200 is good for trying to lose weight, 800 is not. Just make sure everything you're eating is clean

• You will still lose weight with eating 1200 calories, actually this is even healthier than eating 800

• As someone who went down that road, I am going to tell you to stop. I regret it because it doesn't end. You're going to develop an eating disorder if you haven't already. You'll your metabolism, and you'll gain the weight back, and then you'll be back in that situation. It's an endless cycle.

I've hit my goal weight, and then I end up trying to eat normally and then I gain weight again. I'm not overweight, but I am so terrified that I will be. If I notice 10 pound weight difference, or even more like last winter (17 pounds) I end up doing it again. Right now I am back to the weight I want to be, but I am also not eating properly. This has been going on since I was teenager, and I am now 29. Get help while you still can.

• Lol I bet you're the kind of person who goes on proana blogs and strives to be anorexic. Ssilly girl, eating disorders are slow painful deaths that will take over your whole life. You should strive to be healthy and fit for you! Not for the people who call you names.

• no my mother helps a lot since she is about half my size, she just says dont eat.

• Not eating is how you shut down your metabolism, that's not how to lose weight. I had eating disorders before, I've had anorexia and bulimia. :( that's not how you live. Being happy and healthy will lead to weight loss, so just make health and happiness your goal.