If only old people tell you you're good looking, does this mean you're ugly to people your own age?

I've been called cute, handsom, and good-looking, but never hot. also, i only have been called these things by people who are either old or fat. When people call you handsom, it usually means they're talking about your clothes/style/personality more than you. And when they call you cute, it means like a furry animal, which is hardly a compliment. Does this mean that generally, i'm plain/ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. Old people just have more confidence and not using 'hot' is a generational thing.
    I never really thought I was attractive due to lack of compliments from guys my own age, I'd get stared at, awkward conversations, but not approached. Then I started at my current job where this older guy literally called me good looking/attractive/nice smile as if it was common knowledge. I just thought he was being a perve.
    Then I saw this hot guy my own age over several months build up the courage to ask me out. Looking back, I cannow see other guys I knew following the same format.
    Now I'm not a slutty girl and I have morals/self respect, plus I'm friendly. I've never been called hot.
    If you have the same character as me (which I'm guesdsing you do), I think the reason we have this experience is because 1) people our age are intimidated 2) they assume we have a partner 3) They need a bit of encouragement from us letting them know expressing their interest is just dandy.
    Hope this is helpful!
    Obviously,

What Girls Said 5

• Think you're way overthinking this. Old people aren't going to call you hot first of all lol. Handsome most definitely refers to face, though being good looking does include aspects of all those other things you mentioned. And old people are always going to call younger people cute. This doesn't really mean anything given the demo you've described.. plus most people won't come up and tell you you're hot to your face.

• just accept the compliments lol.. old people have eyes too and they can tell if one is good looking or not

• No. Some older people are more likely to speak their mind compared to younger people especially these days. A compliment is a compliment though.

• A compliment is a compliment, doesn't matter where it comes from :)

• That's not what i asked

• I was complimented A lot by older people to the point I had some older men stare at me and try to flirt me which creeped me out. They were around age 40-50 and later someone told me I actually look like one of those movie actresses from their time when they were younger. I had the same hair eyes smiles shyness etc. so I guess that's a compliment cuz when i googled them they were quiet pretty.

What Guys Said 0