Why has my face always been red?

I'm 13, and for a few years my face has been. Lately I feel that it has gotten worse. Normally, I'm slightly red, my "normal" red. My mum says she doesn't see it but I can clearly see it in the mirror. Whenever I go to school, the redness seems to increase. When I get hot, cold or embarrassed I get REALLY red, sometimes it just happens and I don't know why. It's really annoying because my friends tell me how weird it looks and that I look like a tomato. I'm currently using two products that my mum got about three days ago, Eucerin Anti-Redness relief and Aloe Vera Gel. I put the redness relief on in the morning and before I go to bed. I use the aloe vera when I get home from school. So far the products haven't done that much.
My mum won't take me to a dermatologist because she says I don't need to go, so don't say visit a doctor.
What do I do? Do I keep using the products or change? Is there something wrong with my face?

Most Helpful Guy

• Do your lotions, moisturizers, and soaps have Sulfates or sulphites? Try "organic" products and if that doesn't fix it absolutely see a dermatologist.

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you fair/pale skinned? I am and used to have a but of redness in my cheeks when I was your age and I started using Aveeno I still do and that helped me but I also use foundation.
    Could it be rosacea? For that you would need to see a dermatologist.

What Guys Said 6

• It could be a condition called rosacea.

www.webmd.com/.../rosacea-more-than-red-face

• I'm sure you have very fair skin, and bet it is rosacea, as Nikki_24 suggested. A visit to a dermatologist would be best. In any case, search the 'net and see what you can learn about it, and if it seems to be what you've got.

• Native genes, from now on you are Wolf That Drinks On River.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0