Am I just unattractive? Why?

Please answer no one answers my questions :(

I've never been approached before, I watched my sister get flirted with in front of me, the guy totally ignored me, then on the same day some guys driving a truck honked at my sister as they drove by. I feel very ugly and unattractive. I got all sad but she didn't even notice why I was sad it was so obvious. The girl even has a boyfriend, I literally have to pray to get a boyfriend or do some type of weird love spell thing. Everytime I like someone they avoid me and ignore me and it's pissing me off. I don't even feel good enough to be a girl.

No mean comments please

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as I have been told many times, maybe the problem is you need to project more confidence. Next time your sister gets hit on act like you don't notice and if you are hit on drop hints that you are interested but never seem too emotionally swayed in either direction wether you are hit on or not. Chances are you are not ugly but guys may find it hard to approach you based on the level of self confidence and the mood that you put out. The main thing that makes a girl approachable to me is if she 1) seems friendly and 2) seems like she has an interest in me. So remain friendly and drop a few hints on some of your crushes and you should see a difference in the number of people noticing you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm beginning to think that too... I'm more of a spiritual person, but I don't really care what people think. The person who truly wants to be with you will stay around and support you in your hard times. I'm sorry that you feel this way, I believe that you have a beautiful soul and I'm sure there is someone out there truly!!! You may not like hearing this but life is just beginning. You will have a lot of time to find that special someone to travel through life together. :) Also, I wanted to comment on how you're feeling ignored. When I tell someone that I like them, I'm mostly the one that tries to ignore them (I do this subconciously) But if you want to have someone by you're side, you have to fight for it. People are still growing CONSISTENTLY! You just have to fight and hope for the best and if it doesn't work, then it was never going to be yours. I know that sounds hard but it's the cold truth. I really hope it gets better for you! :)

What Guys Said 17

• You're blaming a lot of this on your looks/appearance, but the truth is that your physical appearance is only a part of what makes you attractive (or not attractive) to guys.

Your dress/style also plays a part, but - something most girls virtually ignore in their desire to focus on looks - your ATTITUDE, BEHAVIOR, and CONFIDENCE all play a huge part in whether guys find you attractive.

Guys want a FUN, HAPPY girl. If you hide in corners, or walk around with a sad or angry or bitchy face, guys aren't going to want you, even if you are pretty or hot. They don't want a girl who stares at her shoes, or never goes outside and socializes.

If you want a guy, you need to make an effort to be social (i. e., get dressed, and go to places where guys and girls hang out), and you need to be FUN, HAPPY, and INVOLVED in the conversation. Forget any thoughts of being shy or embarrassed - accept that those things don't matter, so you aren't going to worry about them - and go be the life of the party. Be in the middle of the room, move around from group to group and socialize with everyone. Laugh at people's jokes (rather than get offended or embarrassed) and jump in with your own. BE FUN, and let people SEE that you are fun.

If a guy starts showing you some attention, don't be afraid to flirt and be a LITTLE BIT sexual - I don't mean start making out with him right there, I mean flirt with him in a slightly sexual way, so that he knows you find him attractive.

If you learn to do this, your problems with guys will be over quickly.

• as everyone said, a question like this can't be answered without pics. but then again all that will do is make guys kiss ass and tell you what you want to hear and not whats true. (example go on the meetme app and see the thirst)

here is my take without pics. whenever 2 people are next to each other. 1 person will "Boost" the other person looks by comparision. so maybe she looks better than you like that. but then its also how you carry yourself and if you have a poor low self esteem attitude.

• Its impossible to tell with out knowing what you look like to be perfectly honest..

Though, I doubt you are as bad as you seem to think you are.

• Generally, whenever someone is asking for an opinion on something that's judged by looks, it's a sound idea to actually show it.
    Since, you know:
    media.giphy.com/media/YFxJ7u3FdCrdK/giphy.gif

• If this is what we're dealing with it's time to put the fork down, hit the gym, buy some cloths, brush your hair and take a shower.

www.smh.com.au/.../...orkin_narrowweb__200x266.jpg

• Not necessarily true, lots of attractive girls don't get asked out until they are like 20 whereas lots of average or even ugly girls are asked out lots. It depends on a lot of factors: how/where/with whom you socialise; how confident you are; how you dress...

• I dressed decent. My sister literally just wore a tank top and sweat pants. No make up. :/

• Well, there's no formula... sometimes a guy likes one girl but not another, it's just how it is. A different guy might like you but not your sister...

• A guy would have to be stupid to pass my sister up for me :/

• You do love spelling things? Do you know how weird that sounds. It's probably not even your looks, but your personality.

• Pictures please. I will give you an honest opinion.

• No. If I post a picture of me I can't get it token down

• Certainly not a naked one!

Just an idea of how you look.

Are you truly hideous? Or is it just the normal awkwardness of being a teenager? (Been there, wallowed in that, believe me).

• Well I wouldn't say hideous. I'm not sure really. My mom says I'm pretty I guess :/

• Stop being desperate and hanging out with your sister. Men will look at the hottest girl so walk around with other friends. Stop praying for boyfriends because they either pick up on the needy and that just ehh

• Okay :/

• Thank you :)

• I want to go on further and say that finding a hobby you're really passionate helps take your mind off that and I struggle with letting go of social media where you see couples and cute girls

• Well I can't tell without a picture! I think you're exaggerating too much :)
    If you want you can pm me a picture and I can give my honest opinion!

• I can't tell you without a pic OP

• Maybe you are ugly. Or maybe you have such a poor attitude about yourself that the "aura" about you is too negative.

• I would need a picture to judge that but your sister sounds self centered, duncarin, and not very supportive.

• Guys love girls who chase them , so try to play hard to get , be confident and dont give a fuck about guys , sooner or later they will come.

• I chase... but I'm the only one who chases... and all these games and things you had to say just is too much. My sister doesn't have to do all those games and tricks to get anyone.

• She is doing it , trough body-language , you just don't notice.

• You and your sister, one must be better looking than another. It doesn't mean the other is ugly. Maybe your sister is just super hot i don't know.

• :( she is apparently.

• I didn't see your age, how much elder your sister? It is normal that boys hitting on your sister.

• need to see pics

• Clearly you live in a society where it's deemed appropriate that guys approach girls, so you'll probably get your fair share when you're older.

• Even if it was, my sister gets approached all the time. Why aren't i? Am I just ugly or something?

What Girls Said 5

• Okay! Everyone who's asking an underage girl to put pictures online of herself needs to have several seats. It's disgusting.

Secondly: I never got asked out by guys until I turned 20. Like EVER. And all my best friends did and also my sister. So I get just how devastating that feeling is. And how you are convinced that there must be something really wrong with you.

Fact is: It isn't. You're just fine. Some girls are late bloomers and some girls are just not the type of person High School Boys are into. And that's ok. Looking back in 10 years you will be very happy about it. Try to focus on forming good friendships, those last longer than the mostly short-lived romances and are definitely less hurtful.

Lots of Love,
    you are going to be just fine, I promise. Please, just remember that because some dude decides to show interest, you don't have to do anything to please him, if you don't want to. You are definitely worth loving.

• What wrong with asking underage girl to put up some picture so we can better judge?

Do they have to be 18+ just to post picture now? I guess instagram/facebook/snapchat/tumblr all need to be 18+ now right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I'm sorry you have to deal with crazy people like that. Honestly, I always thought I was disgusting or whatever and now i get regularly asked out. And mostly by guys around 27 and up. Sometimes really young girls have a very mature aura around them that will put of teenage boys. And because you're still young, older men won't be interested. Sometimes we have to grow into the age our soul is at.
      xxx

• Ummm she is asking if she is unattractive and why. She IS asking for us to judge her. And we can't do that without a picture. Sorry I don't know what else to say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

• Aww.

Post a picture of yourself, so that we will be able to tell you whether you are or not.

No worries, you are still too young.

• "Too young" my sister is young too. I never asked to date anyone I just don't feel good about myself. I feel like attracting someone is something a girl should be able to do

• It is not all about the looks. You have to give a certain energie to lure guys. Maybe you should do something about your appairence. Get a dip dye, shave, do your nails etc. But mostly its the energie (science showed)

• i need a pic please

• It's hard being young it's really hard. I never never had guys askin me out but they'd lie and say we had sex. Yea wtf. I cried and cried. But I know I'm not fugly so I'm not sure what to tell you. All the other girls in school had boyfriends they went out and I sat at home. But as time goes on you'll get boyfriends I know it seems as if this won't happen but it will. You won't be in school forever and you'll go to college make new friends meet diff people. Hold your head up. Life sucks yes at every age but it does get better. And whose to say they aren't honking at you and not your sis? Do you wave back? Try it you may be surprised.