Can I get away with this dress?

At my Catholic high school, every year the juniors and seniors are required to participate in the Rose & Candle ceremony (the name's pretty self explanatory). Being a junior this year, I over prepared and bought a dress that was way too much out of my retail worker's budget. The priest is allowing us to wear a sleeveless dress with the straps three fingers thick, and this dress fits the quota.

The dress is a two piece, crop top and skirt, but being 5'2, it looks like one. On the crop top, though, there is a cutout. Do you think I could get away with it?

(the crop top is so big on me it goes onto the dress)
Can I get away with this dress?
(Restating, the crop top meets the dress)

The girl ain't me, by the way.

• It looks fine
  • You need to wear a jacket...
Since many of you are confused, here is a picture of me in the dress: http://unstable-mouse.tumblr.com/post/145078633579

Most Helpful Guy

• That's very pretty

Most Helpful Girl

• I grew up as a "traditional Roman Catholic" and I feel like if I went to my old church dressed like that it would be considered inappropriate because of the skin you would be showing on the front. I think if you got some kind of jacket or sweater that you could cover it, it would be considered nice and appropriate. The dress goes below the knees and that's must for a Catholic so I think it'll be fine to wear to church. I love the dress.

• And it'll be fine to wear to a catholic school

• I think I may stick some lace on the cutout, but I wanted to get people's opinion if they think it may be a problem.

• Yeah some lace would fix the cutout just fine. And the dress is cute, I have a similar dress.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• There's a lot that needs to be fixed with this dress other than the cut out. I'd just take it back.

• Like?

• The asymmetrical hem makes you look shorter the clipped in armpit area is going to make your bust look saggy and then the cut out is a problem.

• It looks ok I was in a cathlic school they will probably have a problem with the cut out. Just wear a red or white top underneath.

• Well I highly disagree with body shaming of any sort, so I like it but I think your priest won't.

• Honestly, if I attended a Catholic school I'd choose a more modest dress.

• Can you elaborate? We have the opportunity to wear sleeveless dresses, and none of my stomach shows besides the cutout (The picture is not of me), and I'm short.

• Well the cutout I think is a bit much for a Catholic school. Unless your school is okay with it.