Girls, do you enjoy being the beautiful gender? Guys, do you wish that you were as beautiful and fabulous and magical as women?

Charles Dunphie put it quite well in his text The Splendid Advantages of Being a Woman, written in the 1800s:

"The gift of Beauty, with all its concomitant delights, belongs to woman, and to her alone. There never was any such creature as an ugly woman… “Beauty” merely means the sex female… To be a woman is to be beautiful… Woman and loveliness are convertible terms.
How sweetly and how truly sings Otway:
“Oh woman! Lovely woman!…
Angels are painted fair, to look like you;
There’s in you all that we believe of heaven-
Amazing brightness, purity, and truth,
Eternal joy, and everlasting love.”...
"Women," says Seville, "have more strength in their looks than we have in our laws."

Even most women find women to be the beautiful gender. Studies show that lesbians are much more easily stimulated by visual stimuli than straight women, & even straight women more often get aroused by sexy women than sexy men.

Women's beauty is even more enhanced by fashion. Women can wear sundresses, etc, that emphasize their beauty.
Girls, do you enjoy being the beautiful gender? Guys, do you wish that you were as beautiful and fabulous and magical as women?As stated by Charles Dunphie:

"Woman is privileged to dress in the most fanciful fashion. Silks, satins, velvets... feathers, furs, laces, whatsoever things are beauteous, whatsoever things are rare and splendid, are at her disposable... and make her irresistable...
Man---poor devil!---his garments seem to be contrived for the express purpose of enhancing his native ugliness and making him still more ridiculous... [He] must not dare to emulate the splendor of the angelic sex."

• Girls: I LOVE being the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I very much wish I was as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.
  • Girls: I like being the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I somewhat wish I was as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.
  • Girls: I am indifferent about being the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I don't wish I was as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.
  • Girls: I dislike being of the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I'm glad I'm not as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.
  • Girls: I hate being of the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I'm very much glad I'm not as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.
  • Women are NOT more beautiful and fabulous than men!
  • You have it in reverse: men are more beautiful and fabulous than women.
Anyone?
Anybody

Most Helpful Guy

• I would definitely prefer to be the beautiful gender because of all the reasons mentioned in the original post. Sure being a guy has its privileges but I could live very well without most of them, say 90%. I often wish I could do these things that are socially acceptable to exclusively women, but obviously I can't, and I got to live with that.

• Lol..
      No offence you sound like a pussy.
      No straight man would want to look appealing like women. Id want to look rugged and masculine rather than what op said.

• @slimstiffy Perhaps the reason manly men won't admit to having this envy is because they're afraid of being called a "fruity"?

• Nah.. Did you really think we were envious of you? Lol. You are in over your head woman. Your not that special. Me and my boys aren't the type who would do shit for women, especially those who think they get free stuff because they are pretty.
      The guys who do that are the same guys who would agree with you. Some guys will agree with anything if they feel that that will get them on good terms with women.
      I know better.
      We know theyr not gay, fruity is just to piss these guys off lol. but what they really are is a bunch of pansies

Most Helpful Girl

• My opinion? Not all women are beautiful. Not my a looong shot. There are hideous women out there.

But the female form is beautiful I agree. And I really enjoy being a beautiful young woman..

But I also really appreciate male beauty. Like a lot. That's what I'm sexually attracted to. And it's different from what we have but that's GOOD. We fit together like a lock and key just like we're supposed to.

There is no better. The only women who think men are ugly are lesbians. Men are awesome and one of my favorite things!

• The last part got cut off.

I said the only women who think men are ugly are lesbians. Men are awesome and one of my favorite things <3

• I'm bisexual but I think that men lack the magical quality that women have.

What Guys Said 8

• I wish I was like a beautiful girl where no matter what I always look good and people are nice to me and wanna have sex with me just because of that.

Seriously, you beautiful girls have no idea how much easier you have it.

• Men can be just as fabulous, if not more so. Most men just aren't concerned about their appearance - aka, slobs. It's why you see guys who think sweatpants and socks + sandals are okay to wear in public.

Keep in mind that the book you quoted was from the 19th century, when gender roles were pushed to the extremes and the puritanical people of those times tried to divide males and females as much as possible. Thinking that men are entirely unaesthetic is Victorian thinking.

• I don't know.. I'm quite fabulous myself. ^.~

• I agree with you. Women are definitely the more beautiful gender. I'm glad guys aren't the beautiful gender cuz then we couldn't admire women who are. God's masterpiece!

• Nope. I'm happy with who I am. I believe both genders have qualities that are stronger than the other. Women I suppose are beautiful but so are men, and life itself.

• They aren't the more beautiful to a gay guy.

• This is a fail troll post lol.

• If I had been born a beautiful fabulous etc woman I would be really high maintenance and a lesbian.

• So would you have preferred to have been the beautiful gender? (Not necessarily that you'd prefer to be a woman, but perhaps youd wish that men were as beautiful as women.)

• No! Had I been born female I might have been tempted to have sex with a man!

I don't believe in a binary universe. Many shades of gray between black and white. Many subtle nuances between female and male. I do enjoy exploring my inner feminine!

What Girls Said 2

• There are some HOT AF men out there. There are some AMAZINGLY beautiful women out there as well.

Not all women are beautiful. Not all men are handsome. Life.

• Women are called beautiful and men are called handsome. Are you trying to completely change the meaning of that word here? It's not really sexist either. A word is just a word. Women have always been called beautiful, and I would HATE to see a man be called that. It would actually sicken me. Same with handsome; I hate the thought of a women being called that.

Please, just leave this one thing be... We already have a generation of people making of words to "describe themselves." We do not need the meaning of that word to turn to dust.