Charles Dunphie put it quite well in his text The Splendid Advantages of Being a Woman, written in the 1800s:
"The gift of Beauty, with all its concomitant delights, belongs to woman, and to her alone. There never was any such creature as an ugly woman… “Beauty” merely means the sex female… To be a woman is to be beautiful… Woman and loveliness are convertible terms.
How sweetly and how truly sings Otway:
“Oh woman! Lovely woman!…
Angels are painted fair, to look like you;
There’s in you all that we believe of heaven-
Amazing brightness, purity, and truth,
Eternal joy, and everlasting love.”...
"Women," says Seville, "have more strength in their looks than we have in our laws."
Even most women find women to be the beautiful gender. Studies show that lesbians are much more easily stimulated by visual stimuli than straight women, & even straight women more often get aroused by sexy women than sexy men.
Women's beauty is even more enhanced by fashion. Women can wear sundresses, etc, that emphasize their beauty.
As stated by Charles Dunphie:
"Woman is privileged to dress in the most fanciful fashion. Silks, satins, velvets... feathers, furs, laces, whatsoever things are beauteous, whatsoever things are rare and splendid, are at her disposable... and make her irresistable...
Man---poor devil!---his garments seem to be contrived for the express purpose of enhancing his native ugliness and making him still more ridiculous... [He] must not dare to emulate the splendor of the angelic sex."
- Girls: I LOVE being the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I very much wish I was as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.24%(5)30%(14)Vote36%(9)
- Girls: I like being the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I somewhat wish I was as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.10%(2)11%(5)Vote12%(3)
- Girls: I am indifferent about being the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I don't wish I was as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.19%(4)13%(6)Vote8%(2)
- Girls: I dislike being of the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I'm glad I'm not as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.5%(1)7%(3)Vote8%(2)
- Girls: I hate being of the beautiful gender. //// Guys: I'm very much glad I'm not as beautiful, fabulous, and magical as women.0%(0)2%(1)Vote4%(1)
- Women are NOT more beautiful and fabulous than men!38%(8)30%(14)Vote24%(6)
- You have it in reverse: men are more beautiful and fabulous than women.4%(1)7%(3)Vote8%(2)
Most Helpful Guy
I would definitely prefer to be the beautiful gender because of all the reasons mentioned in the original post. Sure being a guy has its privileges but I could live very well without most of them, say 90%. I often wish I could do these things that are socially acceptable to exclusively women, but obviously I can't, and I got to live with that.1
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
My opinion? Not all women are beautiful. Not my a looong shot. There are hideous women out there.
But the female form is beautiful I agree. And I really enjoy being a beautiful young woman..
But I also really appreciate male beauty. Like a lot. That's what I'm sexually attracted to. And it's different from what we have but that's GOOD. We fit together like a lock and key just like we're supposed to.
There is no better. The only women who think men are ugly are lesbians. Men are awesome and one of my favorite things!0