Are you shy or confident?

I am shy and I am afraid to dance in front of people. The reason is because I feel like all eyes are on me and I am being watched. It's like I am the center of attention. It feels so uncomfortable. I am also afraid to perform, give a speech, and a presentation in front of multitudes or even a small number of people. My body trembles uncontrollably and my heart beats really fast. And because of this I make up excuses to hide in the bathroom. I don't have confidence or bravery.

Most Helpful Guy

• Confidence is something you build rather than have. Some develop it faster than others, if I were to give you advice it will be to believe in yourself

What Guys Said 17

• I'm very shy. Looking for a part-time volunteer job in teaching a small group of elderly people how to use computers. It's a bilingual group. It's kind of like a teaching job. The more I think about it the scarier it gets. But my parents and grandparents say it should help me overcome my shyness and fear of performing. Hope it works and maybe it can help you too.

• I have a hard time taking to people. Or at least starting to. I'm too quiet, am paranoid about possibility interrupting people, and am simply bad at starting conversations.

• More confident than shy, but back in high school and before I was more shy

• I used to be really shy, but now I'm confident, it is a process. I suggest you go swing dancing, and start asking others questions about them.
    What state are you in?

• I'm confident and extroverted.

• Very shy.

• I'm shyer on-line than I am in person (which is the exact opposite of most people). Lol.

• im a shy introvert and i dont like much attention towards me

• im a shy introvert

• Very shy.

• Both.

• I'm confident but I dislike most people so I come across shy.

• I'm quietly confident.

• Do you have social anxiety? It sounds like you do

• Ima bit shy

• I'm somewhere in the middle

• Very shy

What Girls Said 8

• I am shy.
    I do have stage fright. I was wondering why exactly I had it and I think it's because either a.) I didn't know much about the presentation, b.) I would get nervous if I feel that I can't remember the concept/moves etc.

And it is easy to overcome those, I think, with practice.

For example, I can practice by giving more presentation whether to a big crowd or small.

- But to do that I would really have to know what I am talking about by heart= be prepared

and for b) Just practice more
    If it's dance move I am forgetting, I would practice more till I can do each move without hesitation.
    If it's a public speech, I would practice at home/ just speaking aloud as if I am talking to an audience.

There are bunch more ways to overcome those.

• confident.

• I'm very in between, and i like it that way.

• I'm also shy. And I also don't like to be the center of attention.
    When this happens, I'm always afraid of doing or saying something wrong. So, I avoid these situations whenever I can.

• Super confident and I love being in the center of attention, giving a speech and etc. My heart also beats fast while giving speech in front of many people, but It is the best kind of nervousness, I can imagine.

• Shy with a splash of confidence

• Same.

• I'm shy but have my confident moments