Should I get braces again and get my teeth fixed?

I'm missing a pair of teeth in my upper jaw (lateral incisors). It's congenital, they just didn't grow out. Generally, there are two ways of treating this condition:
- canine substitution, i. e. they push your teeth to the center to close the gaps, or
- replacing the missing teeth with implants.
I chose canine substitution. I had been wearing braces for four years and retainers for about ten additional years in total (still wearing them). Now I'm pretty much at the end of my treatment. I feel that if this is supposed to be the end result, it's grossly inadequate to what an end result should look like - but maybe I'm just being overly critical of myself, which is why I want to know your opinion.

I'm thinking of getting implants for the incisors after all. That would mean wearing braces again for several years (I'd have to reopen the gaps I've been trying to close all this time). It should help also with the crooked teeth in my lower jaw (those were caused mostly by the opposite canines being where they aren't supposed to be). It would be a lot of work, so I'm a little hesitant whether or not it's worth it. What do you think?

• Please do it. You absolutely need to get your teeth fixed.
  • It wouldn't be a bad idea, probably worth a few years with braces.
  • Your teeth look just fine, stop worrying.
Okay, thank you all who have (or will) cast your vote. 22 people is not a very significant sample statistically, but 81 % in favor of getting braces (and implants) seems guite decisive.

Most Helpful Girl

• If your really worried about the gap people get that closed up by adding into each tooth the results are pretty good and way better than having braces again think of the pain I know I would not have them again.

• I know what it's like to have braces, it's painful but it's bearable (or maybe I just had them long enough so I got used to them). Also it's not the gap in the front that worries me, it's more about the overall alignment of my teeth.

• Oh ok well I'm that case do what you feel is best. Braces are always uncomfortable to start with. If it is your decision to get braces then I wish you luck with it.

• Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• Your teeth don't look too bad but the thing about braces and retainers is that it is a drag for a couple of years but your teeth are in good health/shape for the next 50 years.

• Like I said, I had been wearing braces for four years, so I know very well what a drag it is to have them.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. They will help you

What Guys Said 1

• Sure, I think that's a very good idea.